The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Afro
BasilF
orco
Achilles
Lothiangamer
Durnford
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
mozam76
LiviCub
16 posters

Annan vs. Livi

BasilF

Annan vs. Livi - Page 4 Empty Re: Annan vs. Livi

Post by BasilF Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:49 am

Liviforever wrote:Doesn't look as if we were as bad as I thought, had a few decent chances and those two dodgy ref decisions have prob cost us too. Looks like our cup luck ran out. Ultimately DJ's bad keeping did for us, wouldn't call for him to be dumped just yet though, he's had a lot of good games too and would say he's still better than the likes of McNeil and Bullock who kept their No1 spots after some howlers.

I'll wait until after the Alloa, Dumbarton, and Cowden games before I hit the panic button, those 3 games will be crucial on where we'll be in the table.

You're joking; we were awful. None of the starting 11 with the exception of Keaghan put in a shift after the first 20 minutes.

Our defence was complete chaos; nobody seemed to know what was going on. I don't think you can justifyingly blame Jamieson for the loss based on a few moments "highlights".

Really I wouldn't mind losing, we've got used to that over the years, but its the manner in which we lost that made me so angry. In the first 20 minutes we'd proved we were the better team and then went completely to pieces.

At first we were so far ahead I started to wonder if we'd lighten up a bit so as to not totally humiliate Annan - little did I know.

As for Talbots criminal assault on Jamieson and his two footed lunge at one of the Annan players, which potentially deserved a straight red, I officially award him the worst player on the field award.

mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Some utter fucking nonsense on this thread I see. Jamieson had a poor game certainly by those highlights, but to suggest that a) he cost us the game and b) Talbot was right to have a go in the way he did? Have a fucking word with yourself Smithy.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:51 pm

BasilF wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Doesn't look as if we were as bad as I thought, had a few decent chances and those two dodgy ref decisions have prob cost us too. Looks like our cup luck ran out. Ultimately DJ's bad keeping did for us, wouldn't call for him to be dumped just yet though, he's had a lot of good games too and would say he's still better than the likes of McNeil and Bullock who kept their No1 spots after some howlers.

I'll wait until after the Alloa, Dumbarton, and Cowden games before I hit the panic button, those 3 games will be crucial on where we'll be in the table.

You're joking; we were awful. None of the starting 11 with the exception of Keaghan put in a shift after the first 20 minutes.

Our defence was complete chaos; nobody seemed to know what was going on. I don't think you can justifyingly blame Jamieson for the loss based on a few moments "highlights".

Really I wouldn't mind losing, we've got used to that over the years, but its the manner in which we lost that made me so angry. In the first 20 minutes we'd proved we were the better team and then went completely to pieces.

At first we were so far ahead I started to wonder if we'd lighten up a bit so as to not totally humiliate Annan - little did I know.

As for Talbots criminal assault on Jamieson and his two footed lunge at one of the Annan players, which potentially deserved a straight red, I officially award him the worst player on the field award.

Prob would've been as down as you on the performance had I seen the whole game but I was expecting worse and those highlights show we had a few chances. Having been at games where we created heehaw I expected to see the same in the highlights. Jamieson certainly was to blame for not saving the goals, esp the 2nd one, don't need to see the whole game to see that.

Talbot gave DJ a wee push on the shoulder, DJ gave him a harder push back, hardly criminal assault, handbags in football terms, agree he shouldn't have done it and had it been against an opposition player then both of them would prob have got booked.

Not saying DJ gets dropped as I don't know if we've anyone decent to take his place, but he has to stop making mistakes, they're becoming more frequent too, nobody should be above being dropped, even Petr Cech got dropped for a dip in form.
    BasilF

Post by BasilF Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 pm

[quote="Liviforever"]
    BasilF wrote:Prob would've been as down as you on the performance had I seen the whole game but I was expecting worse and those highlights show we had a few chances. Having been at games where we created heehaw I expected to see the same in the highlights. Jamieson certainly was to blame for not saving the goals, esp the 2nd one, don't need to see the whole game to see that.

Talbot gave DJ a wee push on the shoulder, DJ gave him a harder push back, hardly criminal assault, handbags in football terms, agree he shouldn't have done it and had it been against an opposition player then both of them would prob have got booked.

Not saying DJ gets dropped as I don't know if we've anyone decent to take his place, but he has to stop making mistakes, they're becoming more frequent too, nobody should be above being dropped, even Petr Cech got dropped for a dip in form.

Obviously I'm still extremely irritated about the way we lost so am probably coming over a bit extreme here but two points:

1. We had about 80% of the ball and about 90% of the chances in the first 20 minutes.
    2. We started playing again when Mullen; Robertson and McKenna came on.
    3. We were really cr@p between those two events and I mean REALLY. There was no excuse for it; none as far as I can see.
    4. Annan, a team two divisions below us were the better team in that time.

I'm not dismissing the effort put in by Annan; all of their players tried 100% and there was virtually none of the cheating we've seen so recently (e.g. standing over the ball to stop a free kick; shirt tugging etc.). Some of the tackles started to get a bit clumsy but the part-timers were getting tired by then.

The highlights don't adequately show how bad we were between the two events; but believe me when I say we were about as bad as I've ever seen us (including games under Lambert and Hughes)
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:16 pm

BasilF wrote:

Obviously I'm still extremely irritated about the way we lost so am probably coming over a bit extreme here but two points:

1. We had about 80% of the ball and about 90% of the chances in the first 20 minutes.
    2. We started playing again when Mullen; Robertson and McKenna came on.
    3. We were really cr@p between those two events and I mean REALLY. There was no excuse for it; none as far as I can see.
    4. Annan, a team two divisions below us were the better team in that time.

I'm not dismissing the effort put in by Annan; all of their players tried 100% and there was virtually none of the cheating we've seen so recently (e.g. standing over the ball to stop a free kick; shirt tugging etc.). Some of the tackles started to get a bit clumsy but the part-timers were getting tired by then.

The highlights don't adequately show how bad we were between the two events; but believe me when I say we were about as bad as I've ever seen us (including games under Lambert and Hughes)

You've just killed all enthusiasm I had for the Alloa game now, I had a bit of hope from the highlights but now you've set me straight, cheers. Laughing
    BasilF

Post by BasilF Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    You've just killed all enthusiasm I had for the Alloa game now, I had a bit of hope from the highlights but now you've set me straight, cheers. Laughing

Isn't that what supporting Livi's all about?

Depression followed by unreasonable optimism about two days before kick off?

Honestly if you'd seen how we'd played for the first 15 - 20 minutes you'd have been impressed - hardly a missed pass; fast movement cutting through the defence and hardly a ball in the air. Their artificial pitch actually help that style of play in the way it skiped over the surface with very little deviation.

On basis that we know we can play that way; also when the subs came on each of them did well; we do have the players that can wipe the floor with Alloa but, and its a big but, we need to stick to the game plan.

Undoubtedly Alloa will be after revenging the last result; do our guys have the moral fibre to stand up to them.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:49 pm

BasilF wrote:
    Honestly if you'd seen how we'd played for the first 15 - 20 minutes you'd have been impressed - hardly a missed pass; fast movement cutting through the defence and hardly a ball in the air. Their artificial pitch actually help that style of play in the way it skiped over the surface with very little deviation.

On basis that we know we can play that way; also when the subs came on each of them did well; we do have the players that can wipe the floor with Alloa but, and its a big but, we need to stick to the game plan.

On that basis Basil, I think the real question needs to be why we resort to humping the ball up the pitch all the time instead of playing a passing game, which we clearly have had success from. Off the top of my head, judging by those highlights, the first goal on Saturday comes from playing the ball on the deck. The goal against Stranraer came from the playing the ball on the deck. Destroying Hearts' reserves came from playing the ball on the deck. We've got the players to do it to an extent, so why isn't McGlynn implementing over longer periods of games? If it's the players themselves who are reverting to humping it, why isn't McGlynn pointing out the bleeding obvious and firing a rocket up their arses?

I notice Annan drew Brechin at home in the fourth round. Would've been a fantastic draw for us in terms of progression, if we had our shit together.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:13 pm

They haven't half got it in for Talbot on the other Livi forum, just need the pitchforks, torches and rope. Accusing him of being a bully, ned, head butting DJ, disgrace etc etc. Fine him, sack him, should never play for Livi again.

It was a wee push and DJ actually gave him more of a push back, that's it, hand bags.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:59 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:Anyone see the tweet quickly deleted by our Twitter account? I think whoever runs it still doesn't know how to switch the account they're tweeting on Annan vs. Livi - Page 4 Laugh
    How fucking dare they have a go at the DBM. It's these arrogant gits that cause divisions amongst our support.

WHat did it say?

Was something about the "Dumb beat mafia".

The next tweet was "Livi subs - McKenna & Mullen on for Mensing & Keaghan.1-0 up." even though we were 3-1 down...
    How fucking dare they have a go at the DBM. It's these arrogant gits that cause divisions amongst our support.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:59 pm

It's more than handbags for me LF, but having said that its not worth the reaction of some. A Livi supporter over on P&B was actually advocating an opponent "doing" Talbot and putting him out of the game, ffs.

My issue with him is that he's a senior pro in the side. Helping the young kids along and the less experienced players too. What kind of example is it setting that when a teammate makes a mistake, his first reaction is to physically have a go? It's a fucking stinking example is what it is. It's reminiscent of when Chris Innes had a go at Pierre Tardini a few years ago when he had a howler.

If he's going to go around shoving teammates when they make a mistake, half the team would be on the deck...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 pm

mozam76 wrote:It's more than handbags for me LF, but having said that its not worth the reaction of some. A Livi supporter over on P&B was actually advocating an opponent "doing" Talbot and putting him out of the game, ffs.

My issue with him is that he's a senior pro in the side. Helping the young kids along and the less experienced players too. What kind of example is it setting that when a teammate makes a mistake, his first reaction is to physically have a go? It's a fucking stinking example is what it is. It's reminiscent of when Chris Innes had a go at Pierre Tardini a few years ago when he had a howler.

If he's going to go around shoving teammates when they make a mistake, half the team would be on the deck...

Absolutely don't defend him laying a hand on DJ, just think it has got way out of proportion with some of the reactions I've read, head butting, really!!

Yep agree it would be better offering encouragement, same as it would with our fans, but you hear a fair few shouting abuse at our players. However anyone can occasionally get carried away as it's a passionate game. Not sure Talbot should be vice captain though, would give it to O'Brien.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:45 pm

Jason Talbot is a less than average left back/ footballer who is athletic and commited. He is a terrible passer of the ball and cannot kick a ball with his right foot. Screams and shouts at everyone when a goal is conceded yet where is he when the goals go in. Did DJ shove you Jason when in the Hearts game a simple cross ball and you put it your own net ? Guess OG are ok.
    Final thought first two games of the season while JT was suspended we won both games........
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:27 pm

mozam76 wrote:Some utter fucking nonsense on this thread I see. Jamieson had a poor game certainly by those highlights, but to suggest that a)  he cost us the game and b) Talbot was right to have a go in the way he did? Have a fucking word with yourself Smithy.
    dont need to, I'm entitled to my own opinion, I was raging on Saturday just like Talbot he just happened to be near to the keeper. It's called passion pal and wanting to win. Just don't get the love in for a guy who constantly makes mistakes that's costing us dearly. Yeah I may be in the minority does not make me wrong though.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:30 pm

BasilF wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Isn't that what supporting Livi's all about?

Depression followed by unreasonable optimism about two days before kick off?

Undoubtedly Alloa will be after revenging the last result; do our guys have the moral fibre to stand up to them.
    oh and I totally agree with this post , we were fantastic in the first twenty minutes but their goal gave them a massive lift.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:32 pm

Liviforever wrote:They haven't half got it in for Talbot on the other Livi forum, just need the pitchforks, torches and rope. Accusing him of being a bully, ned, head butting DJ, disgrace etc etc. Fine him, sack him, should never play for Livi again.

It was a wee push and DJ actually gave him more of a push back, that's it, hand bags.
    correct DJ made it a lot worse but hey we can't criticise our keeper on here tho lol.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:35 pm

mozam76 wrote:It's more than handbags for me LF, but having said that its not worth the reaction of some. A Livi supporter over on P&B was actually advocating an opponent "doing" Talbot and putting him out of the game, ffs.

its not just one mistake its many , and was his second of the day. I just don't know how anyone at that game couldn't be annoyed at the very least by the keeper. I'm baffled totally baffled .
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Edward snowdon wrote:Jason Talbot is a less than average left back/ footballer who is athletic and commited. He is a terrible passer of the ball and cannot kick a ball with his right foot. Screams and shouts at everyone when a goal is conceded yet where is he when the goals go in. Did DJ shove you Jason when in the Hearts game a simple cross ball and you put it your own net ? Guess OG are ok.
    Final thought first two games of the season while JT was suspended we won both games........
    we were four nil up at that point not one nil. No comparison at all. Hey guys why are we passing the buck DJ sold the jerseys on Saturday. Maybe as a support if we keep condoning mistakes like this we get what we deserve.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Liviforever wrote:They haven't half got it in for Talbot on the other Livi forum, just need the pitchforks, torches and rope. Accusing him of being a bully, ned, head butting DJ, disgrace etc etc. Fine him, sack him, should never play for Livi again.

Had a read of that forum after the Stranraer game and I couldn't believe some of the utter bile I was reading. Folk saying the DBM should be banned from Livi home games and whatnot. All they do is cause divisions in support and try to crawl up the arse of every board member we have. About time they learnt we're trying to be a normal football club. Players get on with playing, management get on with managing, directors get on with running the club and the fans stick to supporting the players. Nothing else.

As far Talbot: he's been utter shite for over 2 years now. I'd have emptied him in the summer, and felt his assault in the Dumbarton game was the last straw. He has nothing to offer us - DJ, on the other hand, has the potential to be a very decent 'keeper and could make a living out the game for years to come. He's not quite there yet, but he'll improve. As I've said, a million miles from the root of the problem and doesn't deserve dropped in the slightest.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:16 am

Lexi Collector wrote:

Had a read of that forum after the Stranraer game and I couldn't believe some of the utter bile I was reading. Folk saying the DBM should be banned from Livi home games and whatnot. All they do is cause divisions in support and try to crawl up the arse of every board member we have. About time they learnt we're trying to be a normal football club. Players get on with playing, management get on with managing, directors get on with running the club and the fans stick to supporting the players. Nothing else.

As far Talbot: he's been utter shite for over 2 years now. I'd have emptied him in the summer, and felt his assault in the Dumbarton game was the last straw. He has nothing to offer us - DJ, on the other hand, has the potential to be a very decent 'keeper and could make a living out the game for years to come. He's not quite there yet, but he'll improve. As I've said, a million miles from the root of the problem and doesn't deserve dropped in the slightest.
    You have come on here going mental and yet you can't see when a keeper is costing us games. I try to be as positive as I can on this forum about the team so I'm not going to say much more re the keeper. Let's hope in the next game we play like we did in the first twenty minutes and we stop leaking goals. Onwards to next week.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:34 am

Smithy wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

You have come on here going mental and yet you can't see when a keeper is costing us games. I try to be as positive as I can on this forum about the team so I'm not going to say much more re the keeper. Let's hope in the next game we play like we did in the first twenty minutes and we stop leaking goals. Onwards to next week.

You're talking utter shite, pal. DJ has made a couple of clangers, I said this weeks ago. He isn't costing us games, our poor tactics and awful make-shift defense are. Stop moaning about the 'keeper all time, it's not a valid point anyone is going to take seriously.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:13 am

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Smithy wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

You're talking utter shite, pal. DJ has made a couple of clangers, I said this weeks ago. He isn't costing us games, our poor tactics and awful make-shift defense are. Stop moaning about the 'keeper all time, it's not a valid point anyone is going to take seriously.
    no need to be offensive Lexi, I don't think I'm talking utter shite but I've made my point and that's it finished now.
    BasilF

Post by BasilF Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 am

Smithy wrote:

correct DJ made it a lot worse but hey we can't criticise our keeper on here tho lol.

Lots of people have criticised him for his performance but it certainly wasn't worse than any of the other defence.
    BasilF

Post by BasilF Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:36 am

Smithy wrote: You have come on here going mental and yet you can't see when a keeper is costing us games. I try to be as positive as I can on this forum about the team so I'm not going to say much more re the keeper. Let's hope in the next game we play like we did in the first twenty minutes and we stop leaking goals. Onwards to next week.

Sorry but if the defence had done what it was paid to do we'd have won by 2-1 at least. If the forwards had done what they were supposed to do we'd have won by 6-1 at least; but hey; lets lay all the blame on one guy and then when the the second string replacement goalkeeper with a dubious history lets in a goal we can blame him?

Having a go at a goalkeeper during a game is not going to improve his performance nor is it going to increase the cover he gets. Unlike any other position on the pitch he can't be moved to another position or strengthened by putting another player in there. He has to rely totally on the guys in front of him and one of them running over and assaulting is hardly going to increase that trust.
    LiviCraig

Post by LiviCraig Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 pm

Lexi YOU chat absolute guff every week!! DJ not costing us games? He cost us on Saturday! Sleep
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Aww ffs, these mongos just keep coming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 am