The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
Afro
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
Edward snowdon
Durnford
Liviforever
LiviCub
13 posters

Cowdenbeath v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Cowdenbeath v Livi - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowdenbeath v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 am

Cracking defending for their goal. Suspect  Great ball through to set it up right enough but ffs we look like amateurs. Looks like Gallagher playing him onside with all our other players leaving him unmarked. Looking at it again it was Kyle that left his man unmarked then chased after him as he scored, murder.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:57 am

Liviforever wrote:Think I mentioned it in the McGlynn thread elsewhere, his inability to see past the same core players (or unwillingness) is a big problem that only another manager coming in will solve. I'm not a fan of sack the manager whenever we have a bad run but in this case he's just lost to 4 part time teams and we've moved down a place after each league game, as well as being knocked out the Scottish cup by one of them. Nothing is changing in the problem areas you've mentioned Smithy as he's sticking with the players causing them.

I regard Keaghan very highly and also like Kyle, but have to admit to being frustrated with the latter, though him being moved around all the time can't be helping, I like their attitudes and work ethic.

Hippo is another who is disappointing and frustrating, he looks good further up the pitch and as well as hitting the ball well he picks out a pass to set players up, but he's clumsy in the tackle and fades out of games all the time. Maybe he isn't being given a clear role? I feel McGlynn is at fault for a lot and a new manager coming in would also clear up who can cut it and who can't, as he wont be taking prisoners if players don't measure up. I feel McGlynn is making allowances because if players he brought in fail it reflects on him so he keeps playing them.

I know you were not at the game on Sat but Hippo looked totally inept and clueless when playing up front. I thought he was awful and not for the first time either and his work ethic is zero.

You state tha McGlynn plays the players he has brought in but he has dropped , Ogleby,Glen, Hippo, Robertson, McKenna and now White .

He never drops the five players I mentioned so my question is Why not?

It can't be the lack of alternatives surely as we have Grant, Moffat, Beaumont and Rutherford that could be given a chance.

It can't be the fact that he is afraid to drop players as he has dropped all of his signings at one point with the exception of Gallagher.

So there has to be another reason.

Thoughts please guys,!
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:44 am

Saturday was once again a disgraceful performance and another reason to get rid of that uselss fecker, McGlynn. At times we were unfortunate not to score but some of the passes the players were attempting to make were awful. Cowdenbeath themselves are a shite team and this was evident but because it's us, we made them look like world beaters.

If McGlynn is reading this and is still in the job for the Raith game, grow some balls and sort these players out. Whether that's giving fringe players a chance or actually making them work at training rather than giving excuses because "we've got a few boys out injured".

Or you can be a wank as per, and just ask for the same abuse again from Saturday. The choice is yours.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:59 am

Your asking for the players to be worked hard in training which won't hep one bit why ? Jason Talbot etc are quote wrapped in cotton wool because they are carrying injuries all they do is turn up Friday say I'm available in team for Saturday. Wonder why we can't beat part time teams !! This Saturday paper even stated after 2 weeks out Mensing McKenna and Sives are available after returning to training yesterday, Sives starts McKenna comes on as a sub and Mensing on bench after a day's training in two weeks.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:37 am

Edward snowdon wrote:Your asking for the players to be worked hard in training which won't hep one bit why ?  Jason Talbot etc are quote wrapped in cotton wool because they are carrying injuries all they do is turn up Friday say I'm available in team for Saturday. Wonder why we can't beat part time teams !! This Saturday paper even stated after 2 weeks out Mensing McKenna and Sives are available after returning to training yesterday, Sives starts McKenna comes on as a sub and Mensing on bench after a day's training in two weeks.

If you look at the first team squad on the website, we have 30 players. 30 players who are considered good enough to play in the first team. Before the Dumbarton game two weeks ago it was reported we had Mensing, Gallagher, Talbot, Sives, Kyle, Ogleby, McKenna, Walker and Moffat out through injury or suspension. That still left us with a squad of 21 to choose from and even if it meant having a make shift defence, it would still show that the manager had faith in the rest of his squad. A couple of years ago we beat Falkirk 5-2 with a defence of Ross Docherty, Kevin McCann, Fordyce and Scougall at left-back.

Robbie Neilson has the Hearts team back to training on a Sunday regardless of the result the day before. McGlynn is a dinosaur who lives on the values of all things bad about Scottish managers from recent decades.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Its just getting more embarrassing week after week, as McGlynn comes across as totally clueless.
    Its horrible to watch the ugly tactics and play , when something isn't working change it , don't continue with the same thing time and time again and game after game.
    After 10 mins we have no shape and players who seem to just wander around aimlessly.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Livi cub I totally agree mate
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:11 pm

livikev wrote:Its just getting more embarrassing week after week, as McGlynn comes across as totally clueless.
    Its horrible to watch the ugly tactics and play , when something isn't working change it , don't continue with the same thing time and time again and game after game.
    After 10 mins we have no shape and players who seem to just wander around aimlessly.

The thing that REALLY bugs me is the tactics of throwing on forwards for midfielders and resorting to the long ball game irrespective of the fact that it already hasn't worked any time this season. It is complete madness.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Think I mentioned it in the McGlynn thread elsewhere, his inability to see past the same core players (or unwillingness) is a big problem that only another manager coming in will solve. I'm not a fan of sack the manager whenever we have a bad run but in this case he's just lost to 4 part time teams and we've moved down a place after each league game, as well as being knocked out the Scottish cup by one of them. Nothing is changing in the problem areas you've mentioned Smithy as he's sticking with the players causing them.

I regard Keaghan very highly and also like Kyle, but have to admit to being frustrated with the latter, though him being moved around all the time can't be helping, I like their attitudes and work ethic.

Hippo is another who is disappointing and frustrating, he looks good further up the pitch and as well as hitting the ball well he picks out a pass to set players up, but he's clumsy in the tackle and fades out of games all the time. Maybe he isn't being given a clear role? I feel McGlynn is at fault for a lot and a new manager coming in would also clear up who can cut it and who can't, as he wont be taking prisoners if players don't measure up. I feel McGlynn is making allowances because if players he brought in fail it reflects on him so he keeps playing them.

I know you were not at the game on Sat but Hippo looked totally inept and clueless when playing up front. I thought he was awful and not for the first time either and his work ethic is zero.

You state tha McGlynn plays the players he has brought in but he has dropped , Ogleby,Glen, Hippo, Robertson, McKenna and now White .

He never drops the five players I mentioned so my question is Why not?

It can't be the lack of alternatives surely as we have Grant, Moffat, Beaumont and Rutherford that could be given a chance.

It can't be the fact that he is afraid to drop players as he has dropped all of his signings at one point with the exception of Gallagher.

So there has to be another reason.

Thoughts please guys,!

Didn't McGlynn bring Kyle back in, or was that Burke, not sure who signed Sives, but McGlynn sticks with both of them not matter what. Think Sives was only out because he picked up and injury.

Glen still gets put on the bench and comes on as a sub.

Ogleby was injured so hasn't featured much but he still gets games from the bench, dear knows why.

McKenna got dropped to the bench but still gets a game.

Mullen was dropped but has scored a couple of goals and deservedly gets a start, whoever partners him is pretty much a rotation of Hippo and White and as we don't have much of an option with strikers as Ogleby is duff (but still gets sub appearances) and Burchill is injured though gets the odd start when fit (usually in the big games). That's why I think we need to bring in a striker to up the quality for competition of places.

In midfield and defence is really where we should be giving other players a chance with the likes of Rutherford and Moffat. Madness playing players carrying knocks and not fully fit through not training when you have players able to do their job. Moffat has a cut on his foot just now but that only happened recently, McGlynn has ignored him all season as a RB. Praprotnik and Beaumont have also been ignored even though the likes of McKenna  and Kyle are either getting starts or sub appearances over them.

Both Kyle and Talbot are carrying a knock and haven't trained properly (if at all) but get games over fully fit players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am