The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Afro
LiviCub
Achilles
7 posters

2014 Amber Machine advent calendar

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

2014 Amber Machine advent calendar  Empty 2014 Amber Machine advent calendar

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:12 pm

We are now into December, and every day in the run up to the 25th I'll be revealing a former Livi player (or manager) behind each of our windows. So sit tight and enjoy some amber festive fun, as the 2014 Amber Machine advent calendar opens. Lets take a look and see who's behind window number 1...
    2014 Amber Machine advent calendar  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFj4JVgrn80qV_oZQNqDJip7Ncu-71BpJieaxHubB6WNGusx4I8Q

...It's Javier Sanchez Broto!

And on the number 1 day of the month, who better to kick start our calendar than one of our most famous number 1 'keepers? Born in Barcelona and signed from Airdrie in 2001, Broto made 47 league appearances for the Amber Machine in 2 seasons. His most notable moment was saving a Henrik Larsson penalty in only our second ever home SPL game at Almondvale, a match which ended 0-0. He was part of the side which finished 3rd in the SPL, and qualified for Europe. Known for being able to punt a ball from one end of the pitch to the other, he eventually left for Celtic, but made less then 10 league appearances for them. Despite this, he does down as one of our greatest ever 'keepers.

Come back tomorrow to see who is behind window #2!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

2014 Amber Machine advent calendar  Empty Re: 2014 Amber Machine advent calendar

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:47 am

I think it was Gary Bollan who gave away the penalty iirc. Best kicker of the ball I've ever seen, his sideways kicks kept the ball low and got to the players quicker, very accurate too. His kick out up to Bingham to score was memorable as well. Got injured in a freak accident against Hibs, caught the ball and came down on his ankle. Brilliant keeper for us.
    Achilles
    Achilles

2014 Amber Machine advent calendar  Empty Re: 2014 Amber Machine advent calendar

Post by Achilles Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:17 am

Veryyyy dece idea! Should have contacted the club about this
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:11 am

What a handsome bastard.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Behind window number 2...

2014 Amber Machine advent calendar  2Q==

...Craig Barr!

He was signed in 2010 by Gary Bollan shortly after our promotion from the 3rd Division. In his 3 years with the Amber Machine he made 99 league appearances, and scored an impressive 8 times as a centre-back. Along with Paul Watson (cunt) he looked extremely solid in his time here, and was rarely at fault. He scored one of my favourite Livi goals in recent years, an absolute bullet header in the 2nd half in a game at Starks Park V Raif, the side he currently plays for. The game finished 1-0, as our first season back in the 1st Division was fairly solid. Loved a goal and a big win, and would often get pumped up in big moments (see his celebration V Raif). We might see him on Saturday, but as things have gone this season, he'd walk into our team. Mon the m5ngo.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:30 am

A very committed defender who wasn't afraid to throw his body on the line. I remember we signed him initially as a right-back but Bollan shifted him across because Mick O'Byrne was an absolute horse dung of a player. I noticed he was getting played in midfield during his time in Sweden and Airdrie.

Looked far too cosy at times with Watson as his partner as there wasn't any competition until Garcia Tena arrived and as much as he was shouting and pointing to organise the defence, clean sheets came few and far between. Still, could do with having him in our team at the moment....

...not Watson though, wank.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:20 am

I'll always remember his absolute screamer away to Cowdenbeath the season before last. Fucking howitzer from something ridiculous like 40 yards, I'm surprised it's not more regularly mentioned in discussion on here about great goals/moments from recent times. Would love to have the big handsome bastard back right now, a CB pairing of him and Gallagher would be solid.

Great idea btw Lexi.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:48 pm

I was too busy to open yesterdays window, but lets just say it was Paul Watson. So there, it was him for December the 3rd, enjoy.

Today, however, is the 4th - lets take a look at who's behind our window today...

2014 Amber Machine advent calendar  9k=

It's Juan Jose Camacho!

Camacho was signed from Real Zaragoza in the summer of 2002, and spent 2 season at Livingston before returning back to Spain with the same club. He was used sparingly, making 30 league appearances and scoring 4 goals. Unfortunately, he left in February 2004, along with players such as Quino and Cherif, as the club went into administration, therefore having his contract terminated. His first goal came against Dundee in a 1-1 draw in December 2002. Despite showing flare and talent on a number of occasions - his style of samba soccer wasn't suited to the Scottish game, and he found it difficult to adapt to the physicality, meaning 1st team starts were rare.

Funnily enough, he now plays for SD Huesca in the Segunda B, who were live on Sky Sports last night against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey.

Having said this, he has a cool name and gave us some good football to watch, certainly a player for the fans to look back on fondly.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Shit, I forgot all about this.

Shame, but I'll save it for next year.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:35 pm

And save it for next year I certainly have.

Starting TUESDAY I'll commence the first of 31 windows of the 2015 Amber Machine advent calendar. So keep your eyes peeled for some festive fun on The Livi Room this December.

please note: Paul Watson will not feature in this years advent calendar because he is a dick.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 pm

If anyone has any requests for players they'd like to see then fire away and they'll appear behind one of the windows.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Good bump.

The only advent calendar Paul Watson would appear in would be the ones with pictures inside and no chocolate. The boring bastard.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:31 am

Lexi Collector wrote:If anyone has any requests for players they'd like to see then fire away and they'll appear behind one of the windows.

Quino, Quino, Quino
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:19 pm

Philippe Brinquin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am