The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
6 posters

Nejc Praprotnik

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Nejc Praprotnik Empty Nejc Praprotnik

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:57 pm

The Forgotten Man.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-mark-burchill-backs-5066201

Wasn't forgotten by the fans anyway, we all kept wanting him to get a game to see how good he was. Sounds like he'd given up under McGlynn and now has a reason to put in an effort during training since Burchill took charge. He's like a new signing for us now he's getting a chance, and certainly had a good game last week. If that's him playing at about 50% then looking forward to him getting better with more games.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Nejc Praprotnik Empty Re: Nejc Praprotnik

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:56 pm

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing him in the Alloa game. I believe he can be a very good player for us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:45 pm

If Burchy keeps talking him up & he delivers we won't have him long enough for him to BE a big player for us in the future! Wink
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 am

I'll try and keep my feet on the ground. Although I was impressed with him against Dumbarton, can he handle a Tuesday night against Alloa?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:41 am

Thought he was pretty good at the end of last season. There was one game where he started and half way in gave away a slack pass which allowed the opposition to form an attack and was substituted pretty soon after. This seemed particularly harsh seeing as how he wasn't the only one passing the ball to the opposition.

Hardly appeared again under McGlynn which seemed really strange as he was an ever present on the bench.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Durnford wrote:Thought he was pretty good at the end of last season. There was one game where he started and half way in gave away a slack pass which allowed the opposition to form an attack and was substituted pretty soon after. This seemed particularly harsh seeing as how he wasn't the only one passing the ball to the opposition.

Hardly appeared again under McGlynn which seemed really strange as he was an ever present on the bench.

If nothing else it shows he's had a good attitude that he has stuck with us without complaining. Seemed genuinely pleased to be playing and was right over joining in with the goal celebrations.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:14 am

The only thing is he is getting a chance now at the expense of young Jack who I think is much better.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33 am

Played an aboslute blinder of a ball to Hippo that led to the penalty. Should've came on earlier for Bobo to freshen the team up when it was 1-1.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:34 pm

LiviCub wrote:Played an aboslute blinder of a ball to Hippo that led to the penalty. Should've came on earlier for Bobo to freshen the team up when it was 1-1.

Should've started, don't understand why he was dropped after doing well in our last two games. Hopefully he'll start on Saturday.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:52 am

Liviforever wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:Played an aboslute blinder of a ball to Hippo that led to the penalty. Should've came on earlier for Bobo to freshen the team up when it was 1-1.

Should've started, don't understand why he was dropped after doing well in our last two games. Hopefully he'll start on Saturday.

I think he dropped him to accomodate having Ibra up front with White. Yes he could've dropped Kyle or O'Brien but Burchill knew what he was getting against a team like Hearts having them two in the midfield. I would bring him in for the game on Saturday as he's got a good touch and is willing to chase every ball. The problem is who do you drop after everyone put in a good performance?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:36 am

LiviCub wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

I think he dropped him to accomodate having Ibra up front with White. Yes he could've dropped Kyle or O'Brien but Burchill knew what he was getting against a team like Hearts having them two in the midfield. I would bring him in for the game on Saturday as he's got a good touch and is willing to chase every ball. The problem is who do you drop after everyone put in a good performance?

Kyle, he's been giving away a lot of balls and seems lackng in confidence to take a shot, instead hesitates to look for someone else to take responsibility. Takes a great penalty though and we know he has a good shot on him so would be great if he'd have a go in games. Mullen too gets caught too many times in games against Hearts.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:44 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Kyle, he's been giving away a lot of balls and seems lackng in confidence to take a shot, instead hesitates to look for someone else to take responsibility. Takes a great penalty though and we know he has a good shot on him so would be great if he'd have a go in games. Mullen too gets caught too many times in games against Hearts.

I know a lot of people don't rate Kyle Jacobs but I think he's one of the best tacklers we have and has demonstrated better leadership material than almost anyone else on the field.

I like Burton O'Brien but have started to question his stamina. The alternative is Mullen; I'm not doubting the guy's resolve but he's often a bit light-weight to perform a midfield role although is good on the win once he gets the space; unfortunately he's often not sited there.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:54 am

Liviforever wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Kyle is probably deployed to give O'Brien protection and give license for Keaghan and Mullen to push further forward, knowing we have two sitting midfielders should we give away possession. I do like him because he'll always be the favourite in a 50-50 but I agree that he's given away the ball too many times in recent games.

For the 'return leg', I  don't think it would be a bad idea to keep Kyle in because he played well on Saturday and bring in Praprotnik for White. It's going to be a lot tougher and having a compact midfield and hitting them on the counter would hopefully cause problems for their defence.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:50 pm

I read Burchill praising Hippo and Nejc for their impact on the game combining to get our penalty. Said Nejc had been ill all week or would probably have started the game.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:02 am

As much as we looked a threat with two up front, I think Burchill should drop White and Mullen and bring in Praprotnik and Hippo to keep a good shape in midfield and hit them on the counter. Mullen has yet to really make an impact against Hearts, Hibs or Rangers this season and Hippo's pace would be handy against that ugly cretin, Paterson.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:38 pm

LiviCub wrote:As much as we looked a threat with two up front, I think Burchill should drop White and Mullen and bring in Praprotnik and Hippo to keep a good shape in midfield and hit them on the counter. Mullen has yet to really make an impact against Hearts, Hibs or Rangers this season and Hippo's pace would be handy against that ugly cretin, Paterson.

Great idea drop our two top scorers and bring in two players who have not scored a league goal all season. Also leave Ibra upfront and he has only scored one senior goal in his career.

Sounds like a plan against the top team in the division lol.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Smithy wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:As much as we looked a threat with two up front, I think Burchill should drop White and Mullen and bring in Praprotnik and Hippo to keep a good shape in midfield and hit them on the counter. Mullen has yet to really make an impact against Hearts, Hibs or Rangers this season and Hippo's pace would be handy against that ugly cretin, Paterson.

Great idea drop our two top scorers and bring in two players who have not scored a league goal all season. Also leave Ibra upfront and he has only scored one senior goal in his career.

How many goals have Mullen and White scored against Hearts (in the league playing their first team)? Mullen looks out of his depth against Hearts and White really isn't suited to playing them either. Only players that have actually scored is a defender and a midfielder so your point isn't really valid for this game. Ibra caused more problems against them than anyone through harrying them and using his pace, White hasn't got that in his locker but Hippo does.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Liviforever wrote:How many goals have Mullen and White scored against Hearts (in the league playing their first team)? Mullen looks out of his depth against Hearts and White really isn't suited to playing them either. Only players that have actually scored is a defender and a midfielder so your point isn't really valid for this game. Ibra caused more problems against them than anyone through harrying them and using his pace, White hasn't got that in his locker but Hippo does.

How many times has Hippolyte started a game an lasted more than 60 minutes? He's easily the most effective as an impact sub.

I must say Sekajja's passing was by far the most accurate since at least Scougall was around; White certainly seemed to benefit from the ball coming to him in the ground in the direction he was going. Mullen doesn't thrive in close marking sides like Hearts (and Alloa for that matter) - he's far better against more open sides like Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:

How many goals have Mullen and White scored against Hearts (in the league playing their first team)? Mullen looks out of his depth against Hearts and White really isn't suited to playing them either. Only players that have actually scored is a defender and a midfielder so your point isn't really valid for this game. Ibra caused more problems against them than anyone through harrying them and using his pace, White hasn't got that in his locker but Hippo does.

Well don't think Ibra will start as he hasn't trained all week according to the manager. So maybe Hippo will start but that is always a risk as he never seems to play as well when starting. Someone quoting Burchy saying it was good to see Hippo making an impact when coming on last week. That's exactly correct ,he is the best impact player we have but as a sub not starting.

So LF you may get your wish with Hippo starting because Ibra looks doubtful to start having not trained all week as this was reason Burchy gave for Nej not staring last week.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Sent off today for 2 yellows...looks like he made an impact, just the wrong kind.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:

Well don't think Ibra will start as he hasn't trained all week according to the manager. So maybe Hippo will start but that is always a risk as he never seems to play as well when starting. Someone quoting Burchy saying it was good to see Hippo making an impact when coming on last week. That's exactly correct ,he is the best impact player we have but as a sub not starting.

So LF you may get your wish with Hippo starting because Ibra looks doubtful to start having not trained all week as this was reason Burchy gave for Nej not staring last week.

Nope stuck with White and Mullen. Guess we'll never know if Hippo would've made a better pairing with Ibra for this game, didn't even get a sub appearance.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:48 am

Manager obviously thinks the same as myself , hippo does not deserve a start.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Rookie mistake.

You weren't happy when he took off White and left on Mullen the week before though.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:31 pm

Liviforever wrote:Rookie mistake.

You weren't happy when he took off White and left on Mullen the week before though.

Don't think it was a mistake not starting Hippo at all. LF you just can't admit it when you call it wrong about Hippo

Also you agreed with me regarding the White substitution, so the manager is learning from that mistake lol

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Rookie mistake.

Don't think it was a mistake not starting Hippo at all. LF you just can't admit it when you call it wrong about Hippo

Also you agreed with me regarding the White substitution, so the manager is learning from that mistake lol

Well I didn't have the chance to admit it as he didn't play him. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am