The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
cptn_hooch
Durnford
Auld Nick
mozam76
LiviCub
Contemporary
Smithy
LiviLion
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
Afro
15 posters

Livi vs Hibs

Durnford

Livi vs Hibs - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi vs Hibs

Post by Durnford Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:35 am

Actually we need at least 7 points from our last two games to avoid the play-offs so need to hope that Cowdenbeath fail to win the game vs Alloa.

Cole's sending off was hios own fault; whether the first yellow was justified or not he was on one yellow and needed to watch his step - particularly when considering Dallas was the supposed referee (a shadow of his old man in all but name). I also would partially blame Cole for their first goal; it seemed to be his miss that handed the ball to Hibs - although I did feel that Jamieson could have done better.

Defence - why was Foredyce at left back? Several times during the season Rutherford had done a very competent job of a Talbot replacement - why not play him unless he's injured (actually as he wasn't on the bench I assume he is). Also have heard tell that CraigSives no longer trains with the first team?

Oh how much did we miss Keaghan in the mid-field; O'Brien had one of his best games for ages but was no match for Keaghan's movement. Was he injured or suspended; think he got booked during the Ranger's game so maybe it was the latter?

Not sure I would have started with Mullens either - with the big physical defence he didn't really stand a chance. White had a p;oor game as well but that was mostly because whenever the ball came close to him their number 4 was climbing all over him or holding on to his shoulder or arm. Never had a chance and was simply not fast enough to evade him - the referee consistently did nothing about it, and even when tier number 4 deliberately took one of our players out in the second half, Dallas failed to book him as that would have been the second yellow?

Still unconvinced by Boulding; he seemed to offer nothing coming on and why wait so long before bringing on Glen and Sekajja when White and others were already dead on their feet.

Also why was DJ not substituted when injured; at the very least it would have given Walker a few minutes of game play this season; why avoid making a substitution if you going to delay making your remaining two substitutions until the last four minutes when you're already two goals short.

That the team battled for over an hour with one player down says a lot; I do hope their confidence hasn't been hit too much. The Raith game really is a must win one for us now. A Positive is that Hibs really have the bit between their teeth with two games to go and one point behind the rangers must surely mean they won't let up on Alloa on their visit to Easter Road.

Lexi - what's your beef about Hippolyte not running around like a fanny after scoring his goal? He shouted out and clenched his fist - surely he was very pleased but focused. Maybe you should be more concerned about Gallagher's lack of focus in simply lumping the ball out of our area a minute later?

Actually if we do find ourselves in the play-offs I'd be very happy to have both of them in the team - my main concern would be the number of bookings both of them have picked up - can't afford to drop any points in our remaining games but likelwise cannot afford to have anyone suspended (other than Boulding that is... no chance there though)
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:58 am

As an aside it did kind of irritate me how so many in the west stand gave Cole a standing ovation when he got sent off - I mean what the f##k for?

He'd just made it virtually certain we weren't going to get anything from this game.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Durnford wrote:Actually we need at least 7 points from our last two games to avoid the play-offs so need to hope that Cowdenbeath fail to win the game vs Alloa.

Cole's sending off was hios own fault; whether the first yellow was justified or not he was on one yellow and needed to watch his step - particularly when considering Dallas was the supposed referee (a shadow of his old man in all but name). I also would partially blame Cole for their first goal; it seemed to be his miss that handed the ball to Hibs - although I did feel that Jamieson could have done better.

Defence - why was Foredyce at left back? Several times during the season Rutherford had done a very competent job of a Talbot replacement - why not play him unless he's injured (actually as he wasn't on the bench I assume he is). Also have heard tell that CraigSives no longer trains with the first team?

Oh how much did we miss Keaghan in the mid-field; O'Brien had one of his best games for ages but was no match for Keaghan's movement. Was he injured or suspended; think he got booked during the Ranger's game so maybe it was the latter?

Not sure I would have started with Mullens either - with the big physical defence he didn't really stand a chance. White had a p;oor game as well but that was mostly because whenever the ball came close to him their number 4 was climbing all over him or holding on to his shoulder or arm. Never had a chance and was simply not fast enough to evade him - the referee consistently did nothing about it, and even when tier number 4 deliberately took one of our players out in the second half, Dallas failed to book him as that would have been the second yellow?

Still unconvinced by Boulding; he seemed to offer nothing coming on and why wait so long before bringing on Glen and Sekajja when White and others were already dead on their feet.

Also why was DJ not substituted when injured; at the very least it would have given Walker a few minutes of game play this season; why avoid making a substitution if you going to delay making your remaining two substitutions until the last four minutes when you're already two goals short.

That the team battled for over an hour with one player down says a lot; I do hope their confidence hasn't been hit too much. The Raith game really is a must win one for us now. A Positive is that Hibs really have the bit between their teeth with two games to go and one point behind the rangers must surely mean they won't let up on Alloa on their visit to Easter Road.

Lexi - what's your beef about Hippolyte not running around like a fanny after scoring his goal? He shouted out and clenched his fist - surely he was very pleased but focused. Maybe you should be more concerned about Gallagher's lack of focus in simply lumping the ball out of our area a minute later?

Actually if we do find ourselves in the play-offs I'd be very happy to have both of them in the team - my main concern would be the number of bookings both of them have picked up - can't afford to drop any points in our remaining games but likelwise cannot afford to have anyone suspended (other than Boulding that is... no chance there though)

Defence - why was Fordyce at left back? Several times during the season Rutherford had done a very competent job of a Talbot replacement - why not play him unless he's injured (actually as he wasn't on the bench I assume he is). Also have heard tell that CraigSives no longer trains with the first team?
    According to friend who sits nearer the players Rutherford was there not injured just Burchill doenst like him !
    Also feel he has filled in ok for Talbot so maybe explains why The change in defenders and have to say Donaldson was very poor and now with our perilous position was it really the time for his first start.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 pm

Despite predicting the correct scoreline before the match, I'm still disappointed with the outcome. Even with eleven men we gave them far too much time with the ball, particularly in their midfield with players like Fyvie who will just take advantage when given the time and space and it was because of this that they were able to score their first two goals. It's beyond a joke now that we concede no later than two minutes after scoring considering that's the third time in three games against Hibs and Rangers.

I agree that we missed Keaghan and Talbot. We looked desperate in the midfield because Pittman was the only box-to-box midfielder whereas we would usually have two with Keaghan. Talbot would've had no fear against the likes of El Alagui but Fordyce really struggled at LB and lacked the confidence that he's had recently. Donaldson looked out of his depth and it was easy to see that this was his first start. I also agree that Gallagher and Kyle were excellent at CB and if anything, I would start those two as our pair for the Raith game. Along with them, I was impressed with Mullen and Pittman who both gave everything for 90 minutes.

Have to question Burchill's timing of the subs. White was struggling for almost 10 mins before he realised he needed to take him off and he left it until the third goal was scored to bring on Glen and Ibra.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Edward snowdon wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Actually we need at least 7 points from our last two games to avoid the play-offs so need to hope that Cowdenbeath fail to win the game vs Alloa.

Defence - why was Fordyce at left back? Several times during the season Rutherford had done a very competent job of a Talbot replacement - why not play him unless he's injured (actually as he wasn't on the bench I assume he is). Also have heard tell that CraigSives no longer trains with the first team?
    According to friend who sits nearer the players Rutherford was there not injured just Burchill doenst like him !
    Also feel he has filled in ok for Talbot so maybe explains why The change in defenders and have to say Donaldson was very poor and now with our perilous position was it really the time for his first start.

It's clearly the case Burchill doesn't fancy Rutherford ffs the guys a left back so in my mind it's an automatic slot in for Callum Rutherford when Talbot is out but no he's plays Dycey who's been playing well at right back out of position and had Donaldson at right back who had a stinker and all two goals came down the left side when u look at them, no surprise there!

Burchill would of been better playing himself left back if he wasn't going to play Rutherford or put Kyle left back and start Gary Glen in the middle, how he only get a few minutes here and there is baffling also our midfield didn't create enough for White, just being lazy and pumped it long, silly and infective, Danny got a great cross into the box in the second half which we nearly scored from, need to do this on Saturday.

Hippo never celebrated like a Diddy because he had just equalised however I would of celebrated that goal, he's didn't have his best game but great touches and a phenomenal goal!

Burchill cost the game IMO with the left back and right back decisions, easily could of played McKenna there, he's played well there before the smart thing would of simply just replace Rutherford for Talbot also DJ has to save the first and third but he's the penalty king alrite another great save but we concede straight again after we score wtf might cost us this season. Another mention is that I have to say Andrew Dallas had an absolute shocker!!!

Anyhoo just 6 points requires from 2 winnable games as surely Raith & QoS will play weakened teams and we are safe, it's on we have the easiest run and and I believe we can stay up!!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:22 pm

The reason why Hips didn't celebrate is because his housemates are Hibs fans. I'm not all for this 'don't celebrate against your ex-club' nonsense, but that just takes the piss even more.

I felt Malonga's movement and technique in the box was very good, and despite taking a slight deflection(?) it was still from a tight angle. Fraser Fyvie, I'm not sure about - he committed a few petty fouls last night, and finds himself in the Scottish Championship not long after everyone was touting him as some sort of future superstar.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:53 pm

I thought Donaldson did pretty well last night. Saying he had a stinker is ridiculous.

The third goal really pissed me off. Jameson keeps selling soft goals, no matter if he is saving penalties.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Don't know what to make of DJ just now, makes mistakes that costs us important goals and this getting treatment in games then continuing the game as if nothing is wrong with him is just weird. His coming for balls is getting as bad as Andy McNeil too, my heart is in my mouth every time he misses a punch and flaps at a cross into his goal mouth.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Livi2IDie wrote:I second this Bertie however Kyle had a poor first half however was indeed immense when he slotted in at centre half for the 2nd half!

Disagree with you on the 1st half; he was dominant in midfield. Chasing down & taking players on.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Hate to break the news to you but we can only get a max of 6 points from the two games we have left....& the sending off was timed at 45 mins, so with injury time we were shorthanded for around 50 mins...when I went to school there were 60 mins in an hour.....have you been sneaking off with the Baileys again??

Just to clarify it for you, we are 3 behind Alloa & 5 behind Cowdenbeath..... if Hibs & Hearts beat these 2 on Saturday & we win both our games then we will finish at least 9th & as long as Cowden don't beat Alloa on the final day, 6 points will put us 8th (unless Alloa do a Hearts & wallop a stack of goals past Cowden).

In response to other posters, the 3rd goal definitely took a deflection off O'Brien & DJ had the shot itself covered but was beaten all ends up by the deflection.
    He was slow at the first goal & the second was poor defending as we had the chance to clear it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:44 am

Don't agree he was slow for the first goal Bertie, he was down to it but it was placed just past his hand and crept inside the post, was just a well placed shot.

What cost us for the 3rd was DJ slipping as he hit the ball and being caught outside his box having to rush back to get into his goals and from then on Hibs had the advantage coming at us. Had he taken that free kick properly and hit it for our players to attack their goal we wouldn't have lost that particular goal.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:30 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:

Hate to break the news to you but we can only get a max of 6 points from the two games we have left....& the sending off was timed at 45 mins, so with injury time we were shorthanded for around 50 mins...when I went to school there were 60 mins in an hour.....have you been sneaking off with the Baileys again??

Just to clarify it for you, we are 3 behind Alloa & 5 behind Cowdenbeath..... if Hibs & Hearts beat these 2 on Saturday & we win both our games then we will finish at least 9th & as long as Cowden don't beat Alloa on the final day, 6 points will put us 8th (unless Alloa do a Hearts & wallop a stack of goals past Cowden).

In response to other posters, the 3rd goal definitely took a deflection off O'Brien & DJ had the shot itself covered but was beaten all ends up by the deflection.
    He was slow at the first goal & the second was poor defending as we had the chance to clear it.
    haha nerves must be getting the better of everyone, we can only get 6 points from the two games left 3 or 4 points could see us finish 9th , 4 points could see us finish 8th or 9th , 6 points could see us finish 8th or 9th it is crazy. However we can't get 7 points and Cowdenbeath are only 4 points in front.
    We just have to try and win our two games Mon the Lions.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 am

So they are...I forgot we had moved on to 21.

LF...he has been diving in instalments for weeks now on anything other than point blank or pens. The shot for the first wasn't exactly a ripper, almost looked like a mishit from my angle & DJ's positioning was poor not narrowing the angle.

I agree his poor clearance caused the problem for the 3rd but O'Brien seemed to have "managed" Malonga quite well, blocking his first attempt but unfortunately causing a deflection on the second effort.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:59 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:

Doh - if you bothered to read the whole sentence you'd see that I realised that hence the " need to hope that Cowdenbeath fail to win the game vs Alloa"

And whilst on the subject of mathematics when I went to school 21 away from 25 leaves 4 points behind Cowdenbeath; not 5; not that it makes any real difference to our required total anyway.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:05 am

Smithy wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:

haha nerves must be getting the better of everyone, we can only get 6 points from the two games left 3 or 4 points could see us finish 9th , 4 points could see us finish 8th or 9th , 6 points could see us finish 8th or 9th it is crazy. However we can't get 7 points and Cowdenbeath are only 4 points in front.
    We just have to try and win our two games  Mon the Lions.

Sorry but 4 points would not see us into any better position than ninth. With Alloa and Cowdenbeath playing each other even a draw would see Cowdenbeah on 26 (one point ahead of us) whereas an Alloa victory would see us on the same points as Alloa with a superior goal difference.

Worst case scenario could be if we win against Raith but lose against QoS (or vice versa) and Alloa drew or won their last game leaving us bottom

Play-offs don't concern me too much; feel the team should be more than a match for the teams coming up provided our morale hasn't been shot.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Need to win against Raith anyway or I doubt we'll avoid the drop, would rely too much on what Alloa would do and wouldn't be confident of beating QoS either if we were still 3 points behind Alloa going into the last game.

I've a feeling we'll need at least 4 points from our last 2 games just to get 9th, can see Cowden v Alloa finishing either a draw or an Alloa win, which in either case we'd need 4 points to draw level with one of them and then our GD would take us to 9th.

I'd be quite happy getting 9th place just now, 8th would be fantastic but 9th is where I'm focussed on just now.

Last edited by Liviforever on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Liviforever wrote:Need to win against Raith anyway or I doubt we'll avoid the drop, would rely too much on what Alloa would do and wouldn't be confident of beating QoS either if we were still 3 points behind Alloa going into the last game.

I've a feeling we'll need at least 4 points from our last 2 games jus to get 9th, can see Cowden v Alloa finishing either a draw or an alloa win, which in either case we'd need 4 points to draw level with one of them and then our GD would take us to 9th.

I'd be quite happy getting 9th place just now, 8th would be fantastic but 9th is where I'm focussed on just now.

Agreed; 9th position is totally within our control; anything better (well 8th at least) relies on other teams.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm