The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
livikev
fanfromday1
sunderland
Smithy
Afro
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
LiviCub
spiggle
Lexi Collector
Auld Nick
Liviforever
17 posters

Livi v Falkirk

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Falkirk Empty Livi v Falkirk

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:36 pm

They're there for the taking, look dodgy in defence too so hopefully Jordan's goal will get us up and running scoring in the league too.

Hopefully Gallagher and Gordon will be the CB's for this game and we don't stick him at RB when we don't need to just to keep him and Sives both playing. Also will Faria come in for Cole in midfield or will both of them play, tough choices need to be made to get a balanced looking team.

Going for 2-1 Livi, FG 27 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Falkirk Empty Re: Livi v Falkirk

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Back to earth with a bump, Falkirk seeking to atone for losing to Rory McAllister....

Livi 0 Falkirk 2

FG 18 mins
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Falkirk to nick it by a goal, still not convinced by us. 1-0, 55.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:30 am

Ok, Falkirk lost to a seaside league team. We beat QOS after extra time.

You have to think that Falkirk's confidence is rocked and that with Watson at Centre Half, we just need to get our pacey players to run at him and we'll do well.

I'm feeling the love for this game and I'm going for 2-1 to the Amber Machine with FG 23 mins.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 pm

1-1. FG 47 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:32 am

2-1 Falkirk. FG 34 mins
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:30 am

0-2. FG 31 mins.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:48 am

Feeling confident, saying that, I felt more confident last week. Think we will edge it 2-1 maybe. Just give me a win
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm

3-0 Falkirk, FG 21 mins.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:56 pm

2 one Livi first goal 23 mins
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Fucking uselss bastards. CBA watching this predictable nonsense, won't be going to any more league games for a while. Utter shite.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Right then. First half we were abject, second to everything & simply not in the game at all. That said, we should have had a free kick for a foul on Mullen around the half way line but the latest incompetent display by Dallas Junior saw play go on ending with Leahy's wonderstrike. Wrong end of the park for me to see if DJ could have stopped it but it looked like one of those that you just don't save.

Second half was much better but still nowhere near good enough. How Mullen got credited with the goal when it clearly went in off the Falkirk lad I just don't know. Maybe to boost his confidence because he was very poor today. By all accounts he came on to good effect against QoS in the cup, so IMO he should be a sub going forward from here & why Burchy persisted with him when he made his double substitution is beyond me. White didn't have a particularly good game either but he was playing better than Mullen. It seemed to me that we were just starting to get on top when they went ahead again.

Sheerin must start next game; his physical presence general awareness seems better than the rest at the moment. Hippo hit the pass of the match from left back to right wing which big Dec controlled superbly & which produced a chance but while he once again did ok at left back once Longridge was subbed, we need him further forward. Buchanan also looked lively when he came on.

All in all it was a bad performance & a bad result, tempered only by Alloa losing again.

I will say this too...Darren Cole is NOT a captain, the guy I saw organising & leading by example today was Ben Gordon, who despite being in a defence that conceded 2 goals was my Livi MotM.

Faria had a reasonable enough debut & his booking was a joke when you consider what Kerr got away with all game.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Aye, Gordon and maybe even Sives were the stand outs by a mile today. Seemed very committed to every challenge whereas a lot of the team looked lazy and half-arsed. Faria played well I thought, as did Sheerin and Glen when they came on and I actually thought Mullen did OK in spells. Hippolyte is a lazy bastard, should spend less time taking selfies and noncing about in his fancy BMW and more time chasing balls and getting involved in the game. I think Glen needs to start, as does Sheerin. We need to find a way to get White involved in the game because Hippolyte and Georgiev are a couple of sand dancers.

Also Gallagher looks a shadow of the player he was last season, he needs to be playing in the middle.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Long ball after long ball after long ball. Never knew I stepped into a time machine and went back to last season, getting a bit McGlynn-esque now. No full-backs of Championship standard in the squad, little urgency in passing and resorting to hoofing it all the time. Mullen was poor, nothing came off for him all day and there's no way it was his goal. Feel sorry for big Shagz tbh, pinging balls at his head doesn't play to his strengths whatsoever. Missed Pittman big style in the centre, Faria was alright considering he's barely played the past few months. Dunno how things are going to change considering the way the squad's been built up, lack of width both in defence and in midfield and little pace. Watched a bit of the Renfrewshire derby last night, I would say on the basis of play Morton are a better team than ourselves, think our best chance of not finishing bottom will be Alloa tbh.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:54 pm

I agree that Gallagher needs to be in the middle (preferably paired with Gordon) but I disagree with your assessment of Hippo & Georgiev. Hippo needs to receive the ball & have the space to take players on or win it himself as he was doing so well at the end of last season. He showed when he went to left back that he is a decent tackler & worker but he needs to be given a definite attacking role. He has bags of skill but perhaps overdid it a bit last week but he wasn't trying any fancy stuff this week. Georgiev has to be the most fouled player in the division; every time he gets the ball there are 3 players round him, 2 of which usually kick him.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Hippolyte was just lazy today, tbh. No urgency or direction from him, and when he got the ball he did very little with it. Georgiev put a bit more effort in but got caught with the ball a lot and looked lost.

0 points from our first 3 games is a nightmare return, and our options look very limited and one dimensional. Gonna be a brutal season ahead.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Right then. First half we were abject, second to everything & simply not in the game at all. That said, we should have had a free kick for a foul on Mullen around the half way line but the latest incompetent display by Dallas Junior saw play go on ending with Leahy's wonderstrike. Wrong end of the park for me to see if DJ could have stopped it but it looked like one of those that you just don't save.

Second half was much better but still nowhere near good enough. How Mullen got credited with the goal when it clearly went in off the Falkirk lad I just don't know. Maybe to boost his confidence because he was very poor today. By all accounts he came on to good effect against QoS in the cup, so IMO he should be a sub going forward from here & why Burchy persisted with him when he made his double substitution is beyond me. White didn't have a particularly good game either but he was playing better than Mullen. It seemed to me that we were just starting to get on top when they went ahead again.

Sheerin must start next game; his physical presence general awareness seems better than the rest at the moment. Hippo hit the pass of the match from left back to right wing which big Dec controlled superbly & which produced a chance but while he once again did ok at left back once Longridge was subbed, we need him further forward. Buchanan also looked lively when he came on.

All in all it was a bad performance & a bad result, tempered only by Alloa losing again.

I will say this too...Darren Cole is NOT a captain, the guy I saw organising & leading by example today was Ben Gordon, who despite being in a defence that conceded 2 goals was my Livi MotM.

Faria had a reasonable enough debut & his booking was a joke when you consider what Kerr got away with all game.

Pretty much agree with all of this Bertie apart from us beginning to get on top when they scored. Actually said to a mate Falkirk were going to score and 1 min later they did. They were dominating us in midfield and had stepped up a gear, we needed to make changes but waited till they scored before doing so.

As for the substitutions, right players came on, had been saying since the first half White needed Sheerin up beside him, but wrong player came off, Mullen should've been subbed not White. Ironic that the player White needed to be on came on but he went off. White is just not a target man but Sheerin is, White will score goals if he has a player like Sheerin playing the target man.

On the whole we didn't deserve anything, flukey og for our equaliser and really didn't do enough in attack to get anything, Falkirk didn't deserve their first goal as Mullen was fouled, really annoying that the ref also stopped play for an injured Falkirk player who wasn't even fouled but let Falkirk play on when Mullen was injured and fouled. Still doesn't make a difference as we just didn't do enough to get anything and Falkirk did so no complaints about the result.

Burchill needs to sort out our attack as we just aren't looking like scoring goals and for me White and Sheerin are the pairing that will get goals, with Mullen coming on as an impact player with Buchanan later on. Totally agree that Gallagher needs put with Gordon too, and get Millen and Longridge starting.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm past caring now tbh and it's only been 3 games. We WILL get relegated. By far the worst Livi team of all time.

Never mind, I'm no getting worked up about it. Over it
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Pretty mich agree with everything that has been said. I can only think that Burchy saw a good player and signed him/ them rather than thinking what formation we are actually going to play. Sives who is usially a bomb scare was probably the best player in a livi top today, that said we need to have Gordon and Gallacher CBs with a proper right back. The only positive is that alloa seem to be equally pish. There is no creativity in CM, we just love pinging the ball up to White. This is pretty dismal stuff.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:29 pm

I don't think this is the worst Livi team, I actually think it has the potential to be better than the best we got last season but Burchy needs to settle on his best XI and get them playing as they did in the run in last season.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Toothless up front and still at times very shaky at the back and where is the midfield?

Beyond that there is very little I can add to what has already been said.

The easiest job in the land at the moment has to be the opposition goalkeeper playing against Livi. That's two consecutive weeks where neither keeper had one save to make, that's simply not good enough.

Can we improve? I believe we can because the squad looks better than last years but Burchill needs to start getting his best formation on the park firing on all cylinders PDQ before a real crisis of confidence sets in.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Worst livi team - personnel no - tactically yes
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Our squad are on par with the rest of the teams in this league , its our lack of tactics that's a worry.

Plan "A" kind of - Plan "B" or "C" no chance , we just punt the high ball up the park and hope for the best.
    We are like un-organised School kids bunching together and look lost when defending set pieces.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Biggest difference between us and Falkirk was the movement off the ball and giving the player on the ball an option for making a pass. Whenever we got the ball and had the chance to drive forward we had nobody making a run into space so turned round and passed it back to DJ. Falkirk weren't great but they moved the ball about better and had players moving to receive the ball.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:55 pm

What I noticed early on was the difference in work rate between the two sides. Falkirk closed our players down every time they had the ball and buzzed about looking for passes. We allowed them loads of time to do what they liked.
    I think we have the players to do the business but they play as individuals rather than as a team. I am not sure about Burchill's team selection either. Today I felt was an opportunity for the experience and strength of Sheerin and Buchanan.
    Whatever, we need to find the right combination soon or we will start to get marooned in the bottom two places with Alloa.
    At least we had a goal to cheer even if it was scored by one of theirs.
    Next three league games - St Mirren, Morton and Rangers. It is not going to get easier any time soon. Sad Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm