The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
fanfromday1
LiviCub
Afro
spiggle
EdinburghLivi
Auld Nick
LiviLion
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
13 posters

Dumbarton v Livi

Smithy
    Smithy

Dumbarton v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Dumbarton v Livi

Post by Smithy Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:05 am

Afro wrote:Fuck off Hippo you petulant show pony bastard.

Well I would level that remark at some others too starting with our manager.In my opinion to leave Hippo out for Faria was crazy.

Dumbarton were toothless and we could easily have gone 352 with Longridge as the attacking left sided player but having that big lump Faria, pal of the manager, on the left was a disgrace
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Good match report in here:

http://www.scotzine.com/2015/10/championship-dumbarton-2-1-livingston/

The bit about us being content to float the ball into the box is accurate too, every free kick we got we floated it straight to their keeper. Last week we were putting balls into Sheerin and he was able to set up Buchanan or get a shot off himself, so why did we keep floating high balls towards their keeper yesterday, bloody annoying.

Still can't believe we lost yesterday but it's beginning to be a pattern with us, we shoot ourselves in the foot with some crazy defending or have a player sent off, we did both yesterday.

Trying to look at it calmly after playing the first quarter we are far from out of things, Morton, St Mirren, Alloa and Dumbarton are just as crap as us and in the next quarter we SHOULD get above all of them IF we start getting our act together and tighten up in defence.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:39 pm

LF we have only four points from a possible 27

I know you don't share my view of the manager but that points total is lamentable.

I just don't think Burchil is the man to turn it round that's why I quoted your suggestion re Buchanan as it would have been a helluva lot better than playing FARIA.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:40 pm

LF we have only four points from a possible 27

I know you don't share my view of the manager but that points total is lamentable.

I just don't think Burchil is the man to turn it round that's why I quoted your suggestion re Buchanan as it would have been a helluva lot better than playing FARIA.

Good report you posted the link to
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:06 pm

I've come away from most games thinking we were hard done by and deserved better Smithy, I'm giving us to our next 4 games ( St Mirren/QoS/Raith/Morton) to see if we can do better this time around, if not then i'll concede that it isn't just bad luck and it is down to us just not being good enough, or as you're saying Burchill not being good enough.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:34 pm

Ok mate no problem , and I agree we have been unfortunate but let's face it had we had a real go at Morton for instance I think we could have got something from the game ...that's down to the manager.

Had we gone two up at Ibrox when he changed it to bring Mullen on for Buchanan as a like for like lone striker when Sheerin and White were chomping at the bit to get on after scoring the previous week we may have done something.

He brings in a keeper on emergency loan which begs the question ....why was Gould signed in the first place or was this just another's pals act because Burchil knew Jonathan Gould. FARIA and Gould pals act with money we don't have.

Why oh why is Cole captain what's that all about?

He changed Hippo for FARIA yesterday which really was the final straw for me tbh, it showed he is out of his depth.

Only positive from last few games ....he is playing two up
    lots of people saying we have an unbalanced team ,have to agree with them.

Hope it's better after your stay of execution but for me he is a long way to go to prove he is any better than McGlyn
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Didn't go yesterday but I cannot be fucked with this lot anymore, they just make my blood boil. Darren Cole is our fucking captain, fans having meltdowns because Darren fucking Jamieson has been dropped, Myles Hippolyte sulking all the time then lashing out and getting himself sent off, half the fucking squad pissing about in an arcade somewhere a couple hours before kick off behaving like a bunch of dicks. No discipline, no interest, no thought for the club, atrocious tactics every week and poor management. Enough is enough, fucking Burchill out.
    AMF

Post by AMF Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:16 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Didn't go yesterday but I cannot be fucked with this lot anymore, they just make my blood boil. Darren Cole is our fucking captain, fans having meltdowns because Darren fucking Jamieson has been dropped, Myles Hippolyte sulking all the time then lashing out and getting himself sent off, half the fucking squad pissing about in an arcade somewhere a couple hours before kick off behaving like a bunch ofö dicks. No discipline, no interest, no thought for the club, atrocious tactics every week and poor management. Enough is enough, fucking Burchill out.

Where did you hear that about?
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 am

AMF wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:Didn't go yesterday but I cannot be fucked with this lot anymore, they just make my blood boil. Darren Cole is our fucking captain, fans having meltdowns because Darren fucking Jamieson has been dropped, Myles Hippolyte sulking all the time then lashing out and getting himself sent off, half the fucking squad pissing about in an arcade somewhere a couple hours before kick off behaving like a bunch ofö dicks. No discipline, no interest, no thought for the club, atrocious tactics every week and poor management. Enough is enough, fucking Burchill out.

Was on Moses snapchat
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:23 am

Achilles wrote:
    AMF wrote:

Was on Moses snapchat

Can imagine Burchill will see this and pull him up. Burchill won't have a problem with them fucking about before a must win game, he'll just have a problem that it causes another reason for us to hate him even more.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:26 am

On reflection, I am mystified to a point how we didn't win that game. Even forgoing Burchill's bizarre team selection at LM with Faria (?!), Dumbarton were very, very poor, and having read what their fans had been saying most of the season going into the game, scoring was a big problem for them. So of course it was inevtiable that the only two shots they had on target would result in goals for them. They're not too dissimilar to us, tbh, they just seem a lot more organised, have a competent manager, and have good experience throughout their team.

Just poor from us all around, and it was disappointing to see us deviating from the style of play that served us so well against Alloa last week. Not utilising Sheerin at all was absolutely criminal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Yeah all the floated balls into the box towards their keeper, esp at free kicks, was driving me mad. We got a goal last week from putting in a ball directly to Sheerin, so why did we keep hitting hight balls which were no use to him!!!

It's as bad as the high balls we kept hitting up to White last season, lets play to our players strengths ffs and give them a chance to do something with the ball. Millen has a good delivery on him too which was even more annoying seeing him waste free kicks with floated balls.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:33 am

orco wrote:We were the better team by far. It just isn't happening for us. We are making chances but the ball just won't go into the net. Brown made a few excellent saves that might have gone in on another day. Dumbarton got lucky today much as they have in several games against us in recent seasons. I would not fault the team for effort. I didn't see the Hippolyte incident but all the fans who saw it said he was stupid and deserved what he got. He was obviously still riled by getting barged hard just before the incident. Some refs would have given a penalty for that. Whatever, it did not justify his idiotic behaviour.

We still have to play all teams another 3 times. The only ones I thought were better than us in the first quarter were Rangers and Falkirk. There is plenty of time for things to change. Could be doing with a few of the kind of breaks Dumbarton got today.

Just saw the Livi TV highlights & it certainly looked like a pen to me, if that is given then there is no follow up reaction from Hippo. Its not as if he went down, arms flailing appealing for the pen, he went down & lay still which is a sign that someone is hurt. As usual we get no decisions going our way. He shouldn't then have reacted as he did (especially having 2 kicks at the guy) but when refs fail to take action players will snap & retaliate or seek to hand out their own retribution.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:06 pm

The guy blocks him off, doubt Hippo was injured or even hurt, he lay for a while but sprung to his feet when he got up and didn't look to be suffering any injury*. Looked a deliberate block and I've seen them given but Dumbarton were doing that all game and getting away with most of them.

The Dumbarton highlights show it better, Hippo jumping up to his feet, then getting in a tangle on the goal line and lashing out with a kick.
    Thing is Hippo got one of their players booked for a foul on him just minutes earlier and was giving them all sorts of trouble so was stupid getting wound up and giving them just what they were looking for, they couldn't handle him and I've no doubt at all we'd have won with him staying on the pitch.

Hopefully that's a lesson learnt from that, the best way he can get the better of them is by beating them on the pitch and winning the game.

*He's got a habit of doing the dying swan act, did it with that QoS lunge, against St Mirren when he got a pen, and again in this incident. They were all fouls and in 2 of them the ref got it wrong, not giving a red card (QoS) & Pen (Dumbarton) but Hippo gets abuse from the away fans for play acting an injury.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm not trying to justify his actions by ant means just bemoaning (as usual) crap refereeing in the first instance. I agree that he gets stick for simulation but that is because he is usually actually fouled and he is usually foulled in such a way that had it been a Livi player doing the fouling the decision would always go against us and usually with a card of one colour or another. I also think he gets stick because he has the ability to beat most of his opponents when he is firing on all cylinders, often by making them look ordinary at best and sometimes even foolish. If we could harness his undoubted talent consistently I' sure he'd go on to a bigger club sooner rather than later

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am