The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Afro
AMF
Troy
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
12 posters

Livi v Sevco

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Livi v Sevco - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Sevco

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:36 pm

I'm sure the Deans and district loyal were crying into their watered down pints of McEwan's Lager down the orange hall last night.

Get it up them.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Enjoyed seeing the Rangers arrogant fans put in their place yesterday by a fantastic performance all over the park from Livi.

Goalkeeper and the back four solid , Hugo and Gibbons who I thought was excellent were so good in central midfield. Gibbons best game for us and good for him to show he is a decent player to the baying mob from Glasgow.

Big White was again his consistent self and although he probably should have scored with his header he typifies to me how if given the chance to play for my team ,that's how I would want to play.His passion determination and never say die attitude is fantastic to watch. I laughed when he was being subbed on his way off the park he was having a go at the linesman who had a mare all game. Agree with EL that Sheerin just maybe didn't have the greatest first half sometimes he gets in the way of White but was just starting to have a better game when he was subbed.

It was good to see two again up top and fair play to the manager for doing this,however the two wide guys didn't really get that many balls into the box which was ironic when Millen came on as a sub he put in a great ball but unfortunately White and Sheerin were off the park.

Great finish by Hippo and fantastic effort by all the team.

So glad we took a point off the  Rangers after all the moaning they've been spouting since our last game.

Let's continue with two up top as I felt we were never in danger until we decided to revert to one as it leaves the striker isolated and just lets the opposition come on to us.

Keep believing Burchy two is the way to go.

Still can't get the smile off my face and will be nice to meet some Rangers fans during the week to discuss the game lol
    AMF

Post by AMF Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Great effort from the players and I hope we can put the same effort and commitment into all games. With five minutes to go I still believe they will lose a goal than score one. Hippo is too easily dispossessed and is on his arse too often for my liking but you can't take it away from him, great goal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Sevco tv highlights so prob best to skip ahead to the 60 seconds mark for our goal and miss out the rest of their one sided biased pish. Laughing

http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=559277

Hippo just loves scoring against the sevco. Cool

I've set the tv box to record Sportcene tonight, should show our game against the zombies.

BBC Highlights: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/34896011
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:59 am

Good to see Livi getting some praise on Sportscene last night.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Can't help but feel Hippolyte was poor other than his goal: Sand dancing with the ball and failing to get past the first man. Yes he did his covering for Longridge but he should've came off earlier than he did considering he was booked, is known for his poor tackling and wasn't delivering as a winger. Otherwise the rest of the team put in a great effort, particularly the defence and Gibbons.

David Weir by the way, what a fuckin spoilt sport. Absolutely loved it when he was throwing his toys out, hope he gets knocked out stone cold by someone like Faria or even Hopkins next time.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Yeah and spotted Burchill didn't play 2 banks of 4 along the box, we just just allowed them to pass it about until they came into the final third and then hunted them down to regain possession and broke up the pitch. That fud Warburton saying we put 9 men behind the ball, neither wonder he couldn't work out how to beat us, he didn't even know how we were playing. Plan B, bring on Kenny Miller.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Mark Warburton is a (boring) dick.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Warburton is an absolute walloper. Seems the praise from the Huns continues to get to his head. Hope someone shits in his magic hat.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:26 pm

And while were at it the same goes for Davie Weird,an absolute tube if ever i saw one and ive seen a few at the vale recently.lol.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 pm

LiviCub wrote:Can't help but feel Hippolyte was poor other than his goal: Sand dancing with the ball and failing to get past the first man. Yes he did his covering for Longridge but he should've came off earlier than he did considering he was booked, is known for his poor tackling and wasn't delivering as a winger. Otherwise the rest of the team put in a great effort, particularly the defence and Gibbons.

Disagree with your assessment of Hippolyte; he was clearly viewed as a danger man as he regularly had 3 men closing him down and very little option to pass it. There were occasions where he could have passed but tried to beat his man instead but if all he ever did was try to pass when challenged he'd get criticised for not taking his man on. For a forward minded player he has shown that in fact he CAN tackle, often when the opposition aren't expecting it (like in the final when he won the ball before setting up Pittman to score and he has done that more than once during his time here) and tackled superbly a number of times on Saturday. He took his chance superbly for the equaliser and it was clear that the Huns were worried about him.

I do agree that he should have been subbed earlier, two reasons, the booking you refer to and the fact he was tiring physically and mentally and was struggling to provide cover for Longridge, but to his credit he hared back when he saw the problem had occurred and often made the challenge that broke up the play. Not his best Livi performance, but it was possibly one of his best of this season.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Hippo has an attitude problem on and off the park it appears to me.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:02 pm

So it couldn't have been him I saw busting a gut to get back to help out Longridge when he realised he was out of position himself and Longridge was exposed; and managing to do so on most occasions then?
    He shouldn't have been out of position but if he had an on-field attitude problem he wouldn't have bothered his bahookie getting back.

You're just annoyed he knicked the ball off White's toes to score the equaliser! jocolor
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:14 am

Bertie he has so much talent but I was annoyed when time after time he was getting caught in possession for holding onto the ball too long instead of doing his job of getting a decent ball into the box for our strikers.

He didn't put a ball in all day and it was highlighted when young Millen did exactly that with around five minutes on the park.

The Hippo of the Petrofac final when he created the goal for Pitman, the Hippo of that famous come back against Cowdenbeath when he created the goal for White is the Hippo we need, not the greedy self centred player we had on Saturday. Every player except Hippo was playing for the team on Saturday. The goal covered up the fact that he was having a stinker and I don't think I'm alone in my thoughts there.

If we had the Hippo of the two games I mentioned we could have beat them on Saturday, that's what annoys me Bertie.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 am

Agree with Smithy. He has the potential to be a wonderful player at this level, but he really lets himself down with his application nearly all of the time. His decision making is infuriating beyond belief. His goal, very well taken as it was, is just papering over another substandard performance from him.

What I will say though, is that his tracking back and covering the full back has improved massively recently, so credit to him for working on that aspect of his game. I think the qualms people have with his attitude Bertie, is that he is too self-centred going forward. He isn't a team player the majority of the time and whilst some teams can afford to have that individual flair without too many consequences, we cannot afford that luxury.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Afro wrote:Agree with Smithy. He has the potential to be a wonderful player at this level, but he really lets himself down with his application nearly all of the time. His decision making is infuriating beyond belief. His goal, very well taken as it was, is just papering over another substandard performance from him.

What I will say though, is that his tracking back and covering the full back has improved massively recently, so credit to him for working on that aspect of his game. I think the qualms people have with his attitude Bertie, is that he is too self-centred going forward. He isn't a team player the majority of the time and whilst some teams can afford to have that individual flair without too many consequences, we cannot afford that luxury.
    spot on Afro
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:51 pm

I knew it...too self centred...you're sore because he nicked the ball off White to score. jocolor

I agree that he has not reached the form of last season's run in but he isn't the only one so I object to him being singled out. He also hasn't helped himself with his off field "behaviour" because too many people take these things too seriously & need to get a sense of perspective. He is not the unknown quantity of last season & most players struggle when they are shut down by 3 opposition players.

One of our collective faults as a team is failing to help the player in possession with good off the ball movement which would drag players away from the ball carrier or at least buy him time to find a pass. (Not just Hippo who gets caught in possession BTW).

Millen did deliver a very good cross when he came on & its a great pity White or Sheerin weren't there to capitalise on it...I could turn that on its head & say, Millen delivered a useless cross that was far too high for Buchanan, which is what you WOULD have said if Hippo had been the one to cross it.

I'm not saying he was MotM by any stretch of the imagination but he was nowhere near as poor as you all are making out.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Bertie give it a rest mate your trying to defend the indefensible

Hippo had a rotten game only covered by the fact he scored.

I am all for everybody having their opinions but I've just realised you are sucking us into believing that you thought he had a good game like you do with your score forecasts......

Well done sir you are a star.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Smithy wrote:Bertie give it a rest mate your trying to defend the indefensible

Hippo had a rotten game only covered by the fact he scored.

I am all for everybody having their opinions but I've just realised you are sucking us into believing that you thought he had a good game like you do with your score  forecasts......

Well done sir you are a star.

Now you're clutching at straws; get off the lad's back, no wonder he's knackered!

There is no way in this universe or the next that he had a "rotten game". I used to think you at least could back up your opinion but now I'm convinced your love of Jordan White & the fact Hippo was too quick for him when taking the ball & scoring the equaliser has made you bitter & twisted.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:02 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Now you're clutching at straws; get off the lad's back, no wonder he's knackered!

There is no way in this universe or the next that he had a "rotten game". I used to think you at least could back up your opinion but now I'm convinced your love of Jordan White & the fact Hippo was too quick for him when taking the ball & scoring the equaliser has made you bitter & twisted.

Erm...

Smithy wrote:Bertie he has so much talent but I was annoyed when time after time he was getting caught in possession for holding onto the ball too long instead of doing his job of getting a decent ball into the box for our strikers.

He didn't put a ball in all day and it was highlighted when young Millen did exactly that with around five minutes on the park.

The Hippo of the Petrofac final when he created the goal for Pitman, the Hippo of that famous come back against Cowdenbeath when he created the goal for White is the Hippo we need, not the greedy self centred player we had on Saturday. Every player except Hippo was playing for the team on Saturday. The goal covered up the fact that he was having a stinker and I don't think I'm alone in my thoughts there.

If we had the Hippo of the two games I mentioned we could have beat them on Saturday, that's what annoys me Bertie.

Livi v Sevco - Page 2 Nick-young-confused-face

Maybe time to call it quits on this one, BB. Think you're in the minority with this one tbh.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Afro how does stating an opinion back up an opinion?

I have already agreed he has yet to emulate his form during the run-in; however, at the risk of going all Rafa Benitez, it is a fact that on Saturday the Huns regularly closed him down with 2 or 3 players. It is a fact that he managed to get away from them once or twice but it is also a fact that very few of our players made any off the ball runs to give him an option; it is also a fact that they did sometimes & he sometimes took the wrong option. It is a fact that he worked his whatsits off getting back to put in challenges it is also a fact that he had to because he was out of position; it is also a fact that he is still a young player with a lot to learn. It is a fact that he should have been subbed earlier than he was. It is a fact that he took the ball away from Jordan White before turning towards goal & scoring (incidentally, in theory White was in the better position to shoot as he was running on to the ball & facing goal).

I'm not sure what your photo is supposed to prove, but while I may be in the minority it is also a fact that just because the majority hold an opinion on something it doesn't make that opinion correct, it only makes it popular. And quite frankly, you can all be wrong if you want, no skin off my nose.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Hahaha, it's funny because the boy in the picture Afro has posted looks exactly like Myles Hippolyte. Probably cause they're both black lol.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Afro how does stating an opinion back up an opinion?

I have already agreed he has yet to emulate his form during the run-in; however, at the risk of going all Rafa Benitez, it is a fact that on Saturday the Huns regularly closed him down with 2 or 3 players. It is a fact that he managed to get away from them once or twice but it is also a fact that very few of our players made any off the ball runs to give him an option; it is also a fact that they did sometimes & he sometimes took the wrong option. It is a fact that he worked his whatsits off getting back to put in challenges it is also a fact that he had to because he was out of position; it is also a fact that he is still a young player with a lot to learn. It is a fact that he should have been subbed earlier than he was. It is a fact that he took the ball away from Jordan White before turning towards goal & scoring (incidentally, in theory White was in the better position to shoot as he was running on to the ball & facing goal).

I'm not sure what your photo is supposed to prove, but while I may be in the minority it is also a fact that just because the majority hold an opinion on something it doesn't make that opinion correct, it only makes it popular. And quite frankly, you can all be wrong if you want, no skin off my nose.

Smithy stated facts in his OP, which I quoted. Hippo gave the ball away several times, trying to beat several men when the pass was on, and I can't recall him actually putting a ball into the box all day. That's why he had a rotten game.

If he wants to put shifts like that in every week and still score, I can maybe just about get over that. Wink
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:10 pm

There were a few facts, like his comments about last season.

I had already agreed he didn't do everything right last Saturday but was pointing out he didn't do everything wrong, which apart from his goal none of you seem to be recognising.

There seems to be an assumption that he is there as a winger to put crosses into the box...why is this assumption made? He has never played as an out an out winger during his time at the club, at least in matches I've been at. He has always thrived when given a free role (something LF has mentioned in the past). He isn't quite as free these days having added some defensive discipline to his game (Dumbarton red card notwithstanding).

So no, he didn't have a rotten game. As I've already stated it wasn't his best performance in a Livi shirt but it was not in anyway, shape or form a rotten performance.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:33 pm

His losing possession in midfield prob stuck out more for most folk, tiredness prob came into it too, esp in the 2nd half. Think I said in my match post that him scoring our goal gets him a free pass from me, not going to be picky about the player who got us a point against Sevco. Very Happy  

Not sure why Buchill has started him in a midweek Hibs game and then a few days later against Sevco when he hasn't played for a while, was two tough games, the toughest we'll play in the league, and in the same week too. Think we'd all have expected him to be a used 2nd half sub at best and having to work his way back into the team.

It is all the more strange after not even being on the bench against Morton where he would've been quite useful, as we really struggled to break them down and he brings something different to the team.

If nothing else, Burchill's team selection isn't going to be predictable for opposition managers to figure out, we Livi fans can't even predict what starting 11 he'll put out. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 am