The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
ol1vercloff
Whitburn Vale
Just in
sunderland
Afro
EdinburghLivi
LiviCub
Troy
Auld Nick
Liviforever
LiviLion
Achilles
orco
17 posters

Huns v Lions

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Huns v Lions Empty Huns v Lions

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Might as well start with the doom and gloom.... Scumgers are getting their act together again and seem to be scoring for fun, we seem to be ringing the changes and confidence has to be low.

Scum 5 Livi 0

FG 12 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Huns v Lions Empty Re: Huns v Lions

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:04 pm

I'd be more confident with Burchill still in charge for this one, he had them pretty much sussed with his tactics, allowing them the ball until they came into our final 3rd then pounce on them and close off passing options.

I like how Hopkin is addressing our unbalanced squad, read he's looking to bring in 2 wingers and also a defender for cover, and has already brought in 2 midfielders that got us looking more organised. I think longer term this will work out well for us this season and we'll pick up the points against the teams outside the top 3.

For this game though I fear we'll be too open for them, in trying to play Hopkin's free flowing football that he's trying to implement, and Sevco will run riot getting in behind our defence. Think we'll be lucky to keep it to 3-0, and can see 4 or 5 goals being scored against us.

Hope he sticks with Burchill's tactics for this though and waits till we're playing Dumbarton or even Falkirk, before going for it against teams.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:09 am

I'll settle for just keeping the score down here.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:43 am

If its below 4 we have done well. No confidence what so ever. If we cant beat Dumbarton, what chance to we have against the Hun scum.

Am I fuck paying to get in their tip as well, rather flush the money down the toilet.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Could stick it on a Livi win @ 17/1 or 7/1 on a draw if you want to flush it down the pan. Laughing
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Liviforever wrote:Could stick it on a Livi win @ 17/1 or 7/1 on a draw if you want to flush it down the pan. Laughing  

I may as well mate, stick my £20 on Livi to win at 17/1 and I'll be more than happy
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:38 pm

A Livi win is 40/1 over at Coral, that's where my £1 is, with a fiver on a draw at 11/1.

Just to add even more disappointment when we get fucked.

3-0 them, FG 4 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Ladbrokes the league sponsor's odds are shite then.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Did you expect anything else? They have to recoup that money somehow. Bookies never lose!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:39 pm

They'll no recoup it from me, I don't bet, as was evident from my knowledge of where to get the best odds. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Surely damage limitation is the order of the day here.Our goal difference is so superior to those of the others around us,although after Saturday may take a dent.More important games to come soon.At least it looks like Hopkin is trying to give the place a wee lift if the transfer window is anything to go by,heres hoping his judgement on the new players bears fruit for us.Chins up laddies and lassies.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Burchill got criticised for a damage limitation strategy in our first game against Sevco when we lost 3-0, we're going into this in a similar situation to then with Sevco scoring for fun again. Funny old game innit.

If we're well organised and can somehow be very clinical with any chance we get then we could get something here, they only beat us 1-0 in the 2nd game and drew 1-1 in the 3rd one against them. Just Hopkin being in charge throws uncertainty on how we'll approach the game.

Trying to talk myself into believing we can take some points off them here, how am I doing?  By Fri i'll have convinced myself we'll get a draw. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Wish i could share in your opptomism L/F.As much as i never want to see Livi been beaten by any one i have to be realistic here.Yes we could have go at them and leave ourselves wide open but your dead right.We have the game to frustrate them with the right organisation,just depends if we turn up on the day with the right attitude.Your doing well L/F keep talking to yourself you never know,miracles sometimes happen mate.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:16 am

LF if you keep this up you'll have us winning by Friday!
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:31 am

Standard 3-0 victory to the home team. FG 17 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Livi to poop in Warburton's magic hat and leave them seething at our superior ability to frustrate and nullify their over paid, deluded, rainbow flicking, one trick show ponies.
    Our 600 away fans to further wind them up with a wee rendition of we can see you sneaking out, as hordes of Sevco 5088 LTD fans leave with 30 minutes still to go.

1-1, fg 55 mins.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:12 pm

600 away fans l/f ?.You surely jest.We struggled to get that many home supporters at last weeks game.Still loving your enthusiasim for tommorows game going by your prediction.You will definetly get good odds for that score at Castle Greyskull.Get yer wallet oot!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Yeah was slightly tongue in cheek Troy. Laughing

Still, fan numbers aside, I think we're capable of getting a draw, will be tough and we'd need a lot of discipline, along with a bit of luck and strong refereeing. Very unlikely that we'll come away with anything other than a pumping but i'm clinging onto that slender bit of hope.

Oh and how fecking sweet would it be if we took some points off them.

Mon the Lions. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Given up predicting Hopkin's starting 11 but i'd like to see this:

....................................McCallum

Gallagher..............Neill............Gordon...............Longridge

...................................Fozzy

............Glen................Stanton..............Pittman

.........................Buchanan...........White

Subs: DJ, Mullen, Hippo, Sheerin, Halkett, Gibbons Currie

Used subs
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:58 pm

3-0 Rangers. FG 20 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Already had enough experience taking in a game at that cesspit to last a lifetime, so not giving away any money to these shower of bastards.

4-0 Rangers, FG 12 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Livi XI - McCallum, Neill, Gallagher, Gordon, Longridge, Gibbons, Fotheringham, Pittman, Stanton, Glen & White.

Livi subs - DJ, Buchanan, Sheerin, Mullen, Knox, Currie & Halkett.

Safe to say Hopkin is trying to keep it tight defensively then and damage limitation is his game plan.

Only thing i'd say about just having White up front himself is it gives Sevco time to build up their attack to come at us time and again, Buchanan made a big difference in the last game coming on and forcing them to play long balls from their back line as he chased them down. They'll just play it around White with him being up front himself.

Hippo not in the squad either, the player that scored against them to get the draw in our last game, ok.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:20 pm

1-0 down, almost 2 twice as Gallagher makes a last ditch tackle on Miller, and McCallum saves a Waghorn shot. Gordon and Gallagher booked too, looks like Sevco are out for blood.

Aw ffs penalty now, Waghorn scores, 2-0. Ooft we're going to take a hammering here. I fear a suspension or two as well with Gallagher on a yellow and having committed the foul for the penalty, he's walking a tightrope.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Ref being good to us so far:

Callum Carson ‏@CallumCarson34  · now1 minute ago  
    Clear handball from Gordon to prevent the goal going in. Ref gives a corner to Rangers. Livi should be about 5 goals and 2 men down.

Can't see Gordon and Gallagher staying on the pitch if they keep this up, the ref will eventually give them 2nd yellows. White in the book now.

3-0 Sevco, hope it snows like feck and the game gets abandoned. Smile

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Liviforever wrote:Livi XI - McCallum, Neill, Gallagher, Gordon, Longridge, Gibbons, Fotheringham, Pittman, Stanton, Glen & White.

Livi subs - DJ, Buchanan, Sheerin, Mullen, Knox, Currie & Halkett.

Safe to say Hopkin is trying to keep it tight defensively then and damage limitation is his game plan.

Only thing i'd say about just having White up front himself is it gives Sevco time to build up their attack to come at us time and again, Buchanan made a big difference in the last game coming on and forcing them to play long balls from their back line as he chased them down. They'll just play it around White with him being up front himself.

Hippo not in the squad either, the player that scored against them to get the draw in our last game, ok.

If that is the case it's failing miserably already

White never does that well on his own up front...neither do the other guys for that matter.

Hoppy will be looking to move Hippo on I think. But the best way to do it would be to play him and get him "sellable"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm