The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
sunderland
AMF
EdinburghLivi
orco
Troy
Auld Nick
Liviforever
LiviCub
LiviLion
Achilles
Smithy
15 posters

Raith v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Raith v Livi Empty Raith v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Hopkin completely surprised me against Hibs and played 2 up front (and in their correct positions), in a traditional 4-4-2, and we had a very good shape to the team. After all his messing about up front and in midfield I had given up on him as a manager. His signings are good and our midfield looks strong, with good options from the bench too, and now we've proper wingbacks we even look good breaking up the wings. It just might start coming good for us...................................................................fingers crossed.

We've only scored 2 goals in our last 7 games so we're due a few and Raith are traditionally who we score them against, would be great if we got a 5-0 win here. I'l go for a conservative 3-1 win for us, with us coming quick out the blocks to get an early goal, fg 7 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Raith v Livi Empty Re: Raith v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:17 pm

They got a draw in Grangemouth last week; we traditional falter after a decent performance against one of the better sides...

RR 2 Liv 0 (can't see where our next goal is coming from)

FG 34 mins
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Not posted for a wee while as I thought Hopkin wasn't going to be the real deal
    Changed my mind as I agree with Lf he has bought well and we lined up in 442 at the weekend and dare I say it was our best display of the season
    Thought everybody played well and we were so unlucky not to get three points
    Predictiction
    Raith 1 Livi 3 First goal 20 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Collum is the ref, that should be interesting, wonder which team he'll choose to feck up with a dodgy penalty, and a wrongful red card.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Why wonder? It will be us.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:05 am

Hopefully Hopkin has his starting 11 picked now and doesnt continually change players and play guys out of position. Cant see us winning, just the mentality from this season ive picked up. Play well against Hibs, Rangers, Falkirk and throw it all away against the lesser teams
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Achilles wrote:Hopefully Hopkin has his starting 11 picked now and doesnt continually change players and play guys out of position. Cant see us winning, just the mentality from this season ive picked up. Play well against Hibs, Rangers, Falkirk and throw it all away against the lesser teams
    Agree with you we need to perform
    Against the lesser teams in the league not just the top three. However hopefully as you say a stable team and formation could be the key to success.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Looks like Alloa have got their act together so it's important that we start picking up points. Wonder if there'll be any loans in or free agents picked up before this, sure Hopkin was still looking for some.

1-1, FG 22 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:23 pm

Alloa have got a lot better at home but after seeing their game against Sevco on telly they were more lucky than good on that one, Sevco absolutely slaughtered them compared to our game against Hibs, it was a very one sided game but Sevco missed all their chances and ended up scraping a draw. In contrast we put in a good performance against Hibs and really should've won it with Glen's golden chance. All comes out the same in the wash right enough, both of us got a point, but Alloa weren't as good as their scoreline suggested.

We still need to get our act together though and win some games, Dumbarton, St Mirren, and Alloa, will pick up the odd result so we need to be getting a few wins to get back into the mix with the former two and away from the latter one.

I await with bated breath Livi Cub's prediction, LC's been Yoda esque in his uncanny ability to get it right, even got the Hibs one correct with a draw. Hoping he's going to have us down as a win against Raith.

Mon LC, a win livi will get. Laughing
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Liviforever wrote:Alloa have got a lot better at home but after seeing their game against Sevco on telly they were more lucky than good on that one, Sevco absolutely slaughtered them compared to our game against Hibs, it was a very one sided game but Sevco missed all their chances and ended up scraping a draw. In contrast we put in a good performance against Hibs and really should've won it with Glen's golden chance. All comes out the same in the wash right enough, both of us got a point, but Alloa weren't as good as their scoreline suggested.

We still need to get our act together though and win some games, Dumbarton, St Mirren, and Alloa, will pick up the odd result so we need to be getting a few wins to get back into the mix with the former two and away from the latter one.

I await with bated breath Livi Cub's prediction, LC's been Yoda esque in his uncanny ability to get it right, even got the Hibs one correct with a draw. Hoping he's going to have us down as a win against Raith.

Every creditable performance from one game always leads to a disappointing one in the next and this won't be any different. I think Raith have are in dire form at home but we're always that team that give favours to clubs in these situations.

2-0 Raith. FG 38 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Aw fffs, you were meant to give us a bit of a boost of optimism going into this game LC, oh well, lets hope the team surprises you and gets the win.

Raith are struggling for defenders with Toshney, Bates and Benedictus all suspended, but we have only scored 2 goals in our last 7 games, something has to give.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Defence almost always comes out on top in such situations...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Raith's makeshift defence v our new look attacking formation.

With our new signings in midfield and having Kakay and Halkett as wingbacks I'm a bit more optimistic that the goals will come with Buchanan and White getting more/better service. That is depending on Hopkin playing them all in their correct positions again.

The amount of new players brought in will also hopefully negate our past habit of being pap after a good performance against one of the top teams.

That's my theory anyway.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Not sure what to make of this game tommoroow.Raith have got themselves in a decent position in the league albiet their recent form has been questionable as has been pointed out by many including their own supporters.I would normally say a point away from home would be acceptable here but i feel we have a great opportunity to take all three.Of course it would take our misfiring strikers to finnally hit a bit of form and do what their paid to do.Got a feeling confidence is reasonably high in the camp at the moment,its up to you Livi to justify it.Do us all a favour and just do it.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:18 am

I'd like a win but I suppose an away draw wouldn't be a disaster.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:42 am

Been chucking it down all night in Kirkcaldy by all acoounts.Raith fans on p/b saying game could be in doubt.Check before you leave and wrap up well.Cmon the Lions.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:17 pm

1-0 Raith. FG 60 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:15 pm

LiviCub wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Alloa have got a lot better at home but after seeing their game against Sevco on telly they were more lucky than good on that one, Sevco absolutely slaughtered them compared to our game against Hibs, it was a very one sided game but Sevco missed all their chances and ended up scraping a draw. In contrast we put in a good performance against Hibs and really should've won it with Glen's golden chance. All comes out the same in the wash right enough, both of us got a point, but Alloa weren't as good as their scoreline suggested.

Every creditable performance from one game always leads to a disappointing one in the next and this won't be any different. I think Raith have are in dire form at home but we're always that team that give favours to clubs in these situations.

2-0 Raith. FG 38 mins.

PAH!! You predict the same score as me and nick the goal time...

Twitter feed does not make good reading... Two tap ins and the first was a mix up between Cole & McCallum... I am now convinced we are going to be lucky to finish 9th; the personnel may have changed but the mentality clearly hasn't...
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Just waiting on Alloa getting a draw against Hibs tomorrow then a win next week to put us level on points. Really can't see past relegation this year either way.
    AMF

Post by AMF Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:46 pm

When we play well versus the top two we're told they had a game plan and stuck to it blah blah
    So would it be fair to say when it's every other team we either don't have a plan or the players don't stick to it? Certainly looks like it.
    For all the players we've brought in its made no difference

Shite
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:47 pm

Absolutely brutal once again. Atleast, once every so often Burchill could get a bit of fight out of his teams. Hopkin looks utterly clueless, i saw no tactics out there.

What was the point in even signing Telfer? Clearly the most talented footballer in the squad and left of the bench untill the game was put of sight. No fight what so ever from anyone on the pitch.

If we dont win at Alloa next week then we are destined for the automatic relegation spot, if we do win we finish 9th.

Lastly, paying £18 for a restricted view seat (3 pillars and a roof) utterly ridiculous.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 pm

It's getting beyond a joke now when we pick and choose when we want to turn up. How can we go from almost scoring in the first thirty seconds last week to not even forcing their keeper into a save today? Rank rotten. Don't believe it when people say we're ninth so we're bound to be low on confidence. This was a Raith team who's home form was atrocious before the game and their central defence almost completely crippled yet Craig Barr had the easiest ninety mins he'll ever get.

No communication, no urgency, no willpower to take the game into their own hands and try to control it. Hopkin has a player in Charlie Telfer who wants to do this but instead he keeps on starting Scott Pittman who has brought nothing for 90% of the season. Nobody can defend what I saw today and anyone who clapped that team off and agreed with Hopkin that they "tried their hardest" can go and support guff teams in the amateurs.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:59 pm

What Sunderland said especially about the price and that awful stand.

Up until Cole gifted their first goal with a feckin awful pass back we had looked the better side in posession without actually creating any clear cut chances. Getting caught cold with their second at the beginning of the second half through some careless play by Halket killed the game stone dead.

Make no mistake Raith were no more than bang average throughout the game. However they took the chances we gifted to them whereas White, Buchananan and Mullen (when he came on) were as flat as a pancake throughout and couldn't hit a cow's ars with a banjo, poor poor poor.

Next week is the must win of all must wins, a loss and it looks, barring a miracle, that we are for the drop. I'm not trying to be pessimistic just realistic. I feel less confident than I did at this time last season as this side just seems to lack the determination to lift their heads and give it their all when we fall behind, as we invariably do.

One final word, what the feck were those happy clappies all about? What exactly were they applauding at the end of this dire performance. It was clearly a source of irritation to many of the fans present and tempers got a bit frayed. We don't need that. Support your team by all means but don't overdo it please.
    AMF

Post by AMF Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Some people are there to wind up others in the support I'm certain of it. Why else would they applaud that performance? Support the team during the game but HT &FT boo those wasters off the park otherwise our players may think Livingston supporters will turn up and accept anything they feel like dishing up
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Happy clappers on the stand and on Twitter need to have a word. They are starting to think this is acceptable which is laughable. To lose 2-0 to a very very weak raith squad who apparently had 3 of their 4 first team defenders out is a joke. 

First of all, our defence is just as bad as it was before the transfer window disputed the signings. Darren Cole is a fucking terrible footballer and always has been. Don't know what he was thinking for the first goal. 

Our strikers are absolutely woeful. "Ohhh but Buchanan was one of the top goalscorers last season". Piss off he's absolutely mince and he knows it, that's why he shites himself every time the balls near him. 
    Jordan white couldn't hit snow off a dyke, we desperately need someone who can score a goal. 
    I worked out today we have scored 4 goals in 2 and a half months. For the happy clappers to think this is acceptable in any profession is beyond me. Tits. 

The whole thing is pissing me off now, we are already down now, it's just a matter of 9th or 10th.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:25 am