The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ol1vercloff
LiviCub
EdinburghLivi
7 posters

Livi Official Tweet Regarding The Raith Game

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Livi Official Tweet Regarding The Raith Game Empty Livi Official Tweet Regarding The Raith Game

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:06 pm

For anyone who didn't see it, it's absolute amateur hour yet again for the person or people who run the club's official twitter. How much of an idiot do you have to be to get your accounts mixed up, when you're in an important position like that?

https://twitter.com/Pault_Tommo86/status/717062785780359168

"The Rangers", cringey as fuck and unprovoked as I understand given BT Sport made the decision.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi Official Tweet Regarding The Raith Game Empty Re: Livi Official Tweet Regarding The Raith Game

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm sure the Govanites were officially renamed "The Rangers Football Club" when the liquidated entity was given the last rites (deliberate use of the term to enrage any bluenoses reading this) so not bothered that he used it; the Rovers fan made the point tho; why should the rest of the division be forced to switch kick off times just because a TV station wants to show the great unwashed getting a trophy? They will have won the division before the last game anyway.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Livi Official Tweet Regarding The Raith Game Empty Re: Livi Official Tweet Regarding The Raith Game

Post by LiviCub Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:29 pm

Careful EL. If you try to challenge anyone who has an influence or is in control of the club's channels of communication, you'll just get pelted with waffled pish from those who feel they run the place...
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Regarding the issue which started this, it's once again a shambolic twist to the SPFL's arm from BT Sport. A nothing game just to see a ten minute celebration of Rangers lifting the trophy to please the sofa fans. Who else is going to watch this other than Rangers supporters?

I haven't looked but I expect the majority of teams would've have had their PotY awards on the Saturday night too. I know money talks with the the television deal but a deal is only worthy if it has the value, this game isn't.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:47 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I'm sure the Govanites were officially renamed "The Rangers Football Club" when the liquidated entity was given the last rites (deliberate use of the term to enrage any bluenoses reading this) so not bothered that he used it; the Rovers fan made the point tho; why should the rest of the division be forced to switch kick off times just because a TV station wants to show the great unwashed getting a trophy? They will have won the division before the last game anyway.

Yep, they could've just allowed everyone else to play 3pm ko on Sat as normal, makes no difference to any other team what happens with Sevco and St Mirren. As usual though, the fans who actually attend games are given feckall consideration and treated like arseholes.

This BT game is about as interesting as the one they put on at the back of 12 last Sat, Chelsea v Aston Villa, total meh game between a mid table team v a relegation team.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:34 am

Incidentally the OSC has the club's official statement on the matter & it just sounds completely sycophantic towards the SPFL; the club has no issue with the change of date...what about the season ticket holders & other fans who can attend on the original date but can't the following day? Do they count for nothing?

Come on LFC grow a set & tell the SPFL they are wrong to change all of the games to the Sunday.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:14 am

Didn't our twitter put something like "I'll be home soon babe xx" at some point too?

Why do people struggle so much with switching accounts?

Anyway, hopefully means less GS tweets at least.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:52 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:How much of an idiot do you have to be to get your accounts mixed up, when you're in an important position like that?

Bit harsh. Everyone makes mistakes. But I guess he's learnt a valuable lesson about being outspoken on social media.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:39 pm

Outspoken and wrong, it's BT that got the fixture moved and the SPFL that moved the rest of the fixtures to be played at the same time, had nothing to do with Sevco. All to suit those armchair/pub going fans who don't go to games. The ones who attend games don't matter.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Clubs like us are skidmarks to the underpants of absolute scrotums like Neil Doncaster, Sky Sports and BT Sports.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Given that Falkirk put together a clear and concise official statement actually stating their opposition to the move, our retraction of the social media gaffe looks even weaker.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Our reaction to the gaffe was nothing short of sycophantic hogwash. I'm more ashamed of the official club response than the gaffe

Just read the official Falkirk response which sums it up perfectly; well done FFC you have gone up in my estimation a million fold. LFC take note.

Not surprisingly, Falkirk's request has fallen on deaf ears...now if all 8 clubs not involved in the TV game had complained and the 2 that are on TV supported them there might have been a chance, but Falkirk as a loan voice was always a long shot
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:26 pm

I'll give them a loan of my voice if it'll do any good. Wink

Can see why we put up a statement retracting the tweet, don't want to give the SFA/SPFL any excuse to hit us with a fine or points deduction, those aunts would just love to get a chance to make sure we go down. We didn't have to go all sycophantic about it though, looking like proper lily livered suck ups.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:46 pm

The OS congratulating Sevco:

Livingston FC would like to offer our warmest congratulations to Rangers FC on deservedly winning the Ladbrokes SPFL Championship title last night.

There’s no denying they have been the best team over the season, and we wish them well in next year’s Premiership campaign.

Do we fuck, hope they get pumped silly and finish in the bottom 6.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Last would do nicely
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:54 am

I'd prefer they don't come back down, unless we're not here to play them. Sick of the mutants and hope it's a while before we need to put up with those orcs again.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:52 pm

I wish they'd do some tweets to get rid of that one sucking up Sevco's arse, it makes me want to throw up when I go on the OS and see that retch inducing congrats to them. Can someone not go on and tweet a 'yeah good riddance to the scummy sectarian blot on society, and the Premiership have my best wishes on having to put up with them.'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm