The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
fanfromday1
sunderland
AMF
livikev
gibbis
Afro
LiviCub
Troy
Durnford
Auld Nick
orco
LiviLion
Liviforever
17 posters

Stranraer v Livi (Wed) 7.45pm ko

AMC13
    AMC13

Stranraer v Livi (Wed)  7.45pm ko - Page 4 Empty Re: Stranraer v Livi (Wed) 7.45pm ko

Post by AMC13 Thu May 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Woke up feeling worse than I did last night, think I hadn't quite came to terms with it all. imo easily the worst result in our history from the worse Livi team in history. A complete disgrace to get annihilated so badly by a part time club sitting fourth in the division below us, I cant think of another time I've been so embarrassed by the teams result. Relegated in the first leg of the semi finals in the play-offs by a team who finished two points above 6th place and were bottom at Christmas, never thought I'd be saying that.
    sunderland

Stranraer v Livi (Wed)  7.45pm ko - Page 4 Empty Re: Stranraer v Livi (Wed) 7.45pm ko

Post by sunderland Thu May 05, 2016 7:27 pm

To get you even more wound up:

And the usual delusion:

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu May 05, 2016 7:50 pm

Don't worry lads, we've got an apology from Buddy Pine.

David Hopkin wrote:I would all like to apologise for last night’s abject performance: we can assure you we are all hurting as much as our fans and we want you to know that.

We all left Stair Park embarrassed and felt for every single fan and board member who travelled down to give the lads their support.

But what I can assure you is the players give their all for the club and will do that again on Saturday.

As a club we need your support on Saturday, this tie isn’t over and we will be doing our best to keep Livingston FC in the Championship.

We are all in the same boat and want to see Livingston FC remain in the Scottish Championship. Can I ask we all get behind the club and give the players every chance of success on Saturday.

Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu May 05, 2016 8:13 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:
    Afro wrote:David Martindale by all accounts has no coaching badges or professional footballing experience, and sounds like he's still an utterly shady character. But sure, people like spiggle who've had a season ticket for 20 years and have finally had enough of this omnishambles are the problem.

And that is based on?  Nothing?  Unless you know Martindale personally and/or know for a fact that he still dabbles in illegal behaviour to this day, I think you're making an unfair assumption.  The issue isn't Martindale.  The issue is that the team is getting worse and some people don't want to admit that they don't love the club enough to stick with it through the tough times.  Instead, clamber onto their high horse and pin it on a guy that's been an employee of the club for maybe the best part of this season, or maybe even part of last season too?  I forget when he joined us.  If Martindale was leading us to 3rd in the Premier League every season and making us competitive in Europe, the pitch forks would be left in the shed.

Um, based on the fact he spent six years in jail for being involved in the dealing of Class A drugs. Or maybe the fact that Livingston's policy to rehabilitation has changed dramatically enough in the past calendar year to essentially let an unknown man work his way up from basically manning the reception to general manager to now being on the coaching staff. Does that sudden rise not even raise a minute amount of concern within you? Based on what I've read, he has a sizeable financial investment in the club, and if that's true, he has essentially bought his way onto the coaching staff.

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck if we were awful but operating comfortably financially and weren't a perpetual basket case club. I have watched this club in every division, I have seen all variations of the hoofball style and I still buy a season ticket every season. Martindale is part of the problem, if he had any clout as a coach do you not think it would've been apparent by now?

LiviLion wrote:Who would be assistant to Martindale if (when) he gets the gig? GK Coach? Physio? We'll run out of staff to appoint as our manager if we're not careful.

Apparently McCaldon left the club in April to move abroad. So, do we even have a GK coach now?

sunderland wrote:
    And the usual delusion:

There's deflecting the attention from your players, then there's plain silliness. Comments about the pitch, give it a rest mate.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu May 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Because someone served time in the past, it doesn't mean he's still shady. People can reform. Not sure how he got on to the coaching staff but to speculate is unfair. One player doesn't make a team, so one coach doesn't make a backroom team!
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Thu May 05, 2016 8:30 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:Because someone served time in the past, it doesn't mean he's still shady. People can reform. Not sure how he got on to the coaching staff but to speculate is unfair. One player doesn't make a team, so one coach doesn't make a backroom team!

To be fair there is a bit of a difference being 1 out of 2 rather than 1 out of 11.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu May 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Because football coaching is a doddle.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 05, 2016 8:53 pm

sunderland wrote:To be fair the whole ex drug dealer thing doesn't really bother me about Martindale. Its the fact that the management team haven't got a clue what is going on. And from what we all read he is heavily involved in that side of things. No qualifications, no idea.

Totally agree.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Difficult to have a post match interview after getting your balls handed to you on a plate so can't really criticize him for coming out with duff excuses about the pitch, or deflecting it away from the players when they've still a game to play a few days later to try and stay up. They're all still going to be here on Saturday so lets hope they're hurting and embarrassed as much as Hopkin says they are and put in a performance to make up for that pish last night.

Looking at their goals;
    1) Far too much space down our left flank allowing them getting the ball in, where was Longridge, he should've been covering him.

2) Defence is all over the place, not closing down and letting them shoot at will, have they learnt nothing from all the goals we've conceded from distance shots this season.

3) WTF was our wall doing for that free kick, inexcusable letting the ball get past them.

4) We give the ball away in defence and lo and behold we lose another goal, truly embarrassing, keystone cops defending.

5) Deflection off Cole, perfect end to a dreadful performance.

Hopkin was right on that score, Stranraer didn't really have to work hard for their goals, we were so bad it was just pish easy for them.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Fri May 06, 2016 9:46 am

Liviforever wrote:Difficult to have a post match interview after getting your balls handed to you on a plate so can't really criticize him for coming out with duff excuses about the pitch, or deflecting it away from the players when they've still a game to play a few days later to try and stay up. They're all still going to be here on Saturday so lets hope they're hurting and embarrassed as much as Hopkin says they are and put in a performance to make up for that pish last night.

Looking at their goals;
    1) Far too much space down our left flank allowing them getting the ball in, where was Longridge, he should've been covering him.

Longridge fell asleep ages away - too slow to react. When the ball came in, Kakay was too slow to react and just stood and watched and never made an attempt to block

2) Defence is all over the place, not closing down and letting them shoot at will, have they learnt nothing from all the goals we've conceded from distance shots this season.

Nope, they haven't, although it was a smashing goal.

3) WTF was our wall doing for that free kick, inexcusable letting the ball get past them.

I thought I saw it deflecting off a boot in the wall which gave McCallium no chance. Agree that the wall wasn't tight enough.

4) We give the ball away in defence and lo and behold we lose another goal, truly embarrassing, keystone cops defending.

Longridge again giving the ball again. Kakay again asleep at the back post.

5) Deflection off Cole, perfect end to a dreadful performance.

Typical Cole, Bombscare. Why was he sent not sent out on loan instead of Sives?

Hopkin was right on that score, Stranraer didn't really have to work hard for their goals, we were so bad it was just pish easy for them.

Our full backs were naïve, our centre halves were getting dominated. It was just poor.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 06, 2016 12:55 pm

I was full of praise for Longridge too, though I knew Kakay was far better as a left sided midfielder than as a RB or LB. You wonder how we can cope with a Sevco team that fires in balls from the flanks and has something like 70% possession constantly coming at us but are cut open at will to a middish table League One side. Have to put it down to poor organization and discipline in defence.

DJ was murder for organizing his wall at free kicks but not sure if it was McCallum's fault or our players for that one, looked like the players just left a gap for the ball to get past and didn't put themselves in front of the ball.

Agree their long range effort was a good looking goal but how many have we conceded like that, our players should be tighter on them to stop them shooting from around our box. Have to agree with Hopkin again though, everything they did seemed to come off for them, Sevco had far more chances and shots but they all went wide or over the bar, Stranraer put just about every shot on target and in our net.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am