The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Man in Black & Amber
orco
ol1vercloff
LiviCub
Durnford
Troy
AMF
Auld Nick
Afro
sunderland
LiviLion
AMC13
Liviforever
Smithy
18 posters

Second leg v Stranraer

Smithy
    Smithy

Second leg v Stranraer  Empty Second leg v Stranraer

Post by Smithy Thu May 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Mr Hopkin

Please please play White who is six foot four and the clubs top scorer at centre forward.

Please please play Buchanan who is our second top scorer along side him as a front two

Ffs it's not too much to ask

Score forecast 4-1 Livi first goal 6 mins

If we do this and Get balls into the two of them all game we can win this, we need at least four or five to survive
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Second leg v Stranraer  Empty Re: Second leg v Stranraer

Post by Liviforever Thu May 05, 2016 3:40 pm

I think we can score goals with White and Buchanan up front but not confident we can stop Stranraer from scoring at least 2 goals to have us needing to get 5 for a draw.

Getting pissed off with Hopkin playing White in LM and us only getting a goal from him in that position. Get him up front and maybe he'll get 2 or 3 goals. Also pissed off seeing us score the first goal and then lose the game.

Not sure how Stranraer will set out for this game, would think they'd just sit in and be happy to hit us on the counter, but if we can get a couple of goals it'll feck up their game plan and have them nervy. One thing for sure though, this'll have to be a game we are right up for and play out of our skins.

Not at all confident but what the feck, have to stick with my mad as a hatter predictions which have thus far served me so well Rolling Eyes , 4-1 Livi (5-1 in ET) , FG 6 mins.
    AMC13
    AMC13

Post by AMC13 Thu May 05, 2016 4:28 pm

I won't be displaying any sort of optimism for this match fed up with the team and horrible coaching staff. I wonder if the team will show any sort of fight for this match. I'll go 1-1 or 1-0 Stranraer.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu May 05, 2016 4:49 pm

When I saw Wednesday's line up I assumed Mullen was on the left with White up front. Was it really the other way about? Unbelievable.

We'll take the lead fairly early on, look good on the attack, concede a goal, and collapse. Not for the first time either.

2-1 Stranraer, FG 12 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Don't know where Mullen played but read Afro saying White was in midfield again, WTF is that all about with Hopkin putting him in LM!!
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Thu May 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Don't worry, I don't think they knew where they were playing.

I think they lined up:

Mullen Stanton Pitman Mullin
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu May 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Certainly for a good portion of the game, White was out wide. Changed somewhat in the second half with Pittman getting punted out there and Jordan finally going up front. Quite ironic that our second came from Shagz crossing from the left wing.

Regardless of what went down Wednesday, the fans need to get behind the team from the off on Saturday. I'm probably the first to tear into Hopkin and the team but it's literally do or die stuff for us now. If we get a goal early doors, and DON'T concede straight away, we take it from there. Stranraer will be right up for it, we just have to somewhat ensure that we don't get overcome by the occasion and just play fucking football.

I would go for:

McCallum

Kakay Halkett Neill Longridge

Telfer Fotheringham Pittman Stanton

Buchanan White

Back four is totally out of necessity, and I reckon that's the best midfield we've got given the players available.

I am hoping beyond all belief that we can pull this off. Fuck all the stuff about the management and who's running the show for one day, get behind the team and see if we can do it.

5-1 Livi AET, FG 12 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 05, 2016 9:03 pm

We will capitulate again.

Liv 1 Stranraer 3 FG 22 mins
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Thu May 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Afro wrote:Certainly for a good portion of the game, White was out wide. Changed somewhat in the second half with Pittman getting punted out there and Jordan finally going up front. Quite ironic that our second came from Shagz crossing from the left wing.

Aye, apologies, your totally correct i meant to write White instead of Mullen.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Gordon might be back for this game, might be a bit rusty but doubt he'd do worse than what we had last night, only real concern would be Hopkin might stick Cole in beside him so he can put Halkett at RB again.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Thu May 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Liviforever wrote:Gordon might be back for this game, might be a bit rusty but doubt he'd do worse than what we had last night, only real concern would be Hopkin might stick Cole in beside him so he can put Halkett at RB again.

Hopkin ruled him out in his post match interview, unfortunately. Could really have done with Sives at the moment.
    AMF

Post by AMF Fri May 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Can't see us scoring anymore than 2 goals so resigned to relegation. I'll go along and support the club and would urge others to do the same because God knows what our future will be.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri May 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Well this is it guys.Personnaly i can see Livi winning this game but not the overall tie as i reckon Stranraer will score at some point in this match.To say that this guttless bunch of fraudsters have so underachieved this season is overwhelmingly understated and i reckon Stranraer are about to put an end to these sorry affairs.Appoligies for being so brutal in my assesment but this team and so called management has left me reaching new levels of despair.Yes il be there as usual to support my team,a team that i sincerely hope wll be still in buisness this time next year.I also reckon we are not only talking about a great escape here we are talking about a scenario of Lazarous proportions to pull this off.Incidently spoke to a Stenny season ticket holder this morning and he says it will be welcoming to have the Lions support back in the Warriors Socail Club next season.Forgive me but i didnt have the heart to ask him to put the brakes on that one for the moment.Miracle required Livi.Can you do it?/!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Aye it's the night before the game and I still haven't got any shred of optimism that we can get into the final, not even sure we can win this game. That might be a good thing because the last time I was so despondent we actually won, nah, still can't get myself believing we'll do it.

Best I can muster and just the way our luck has gone this season, we'll go 2-0 up and throw everything at them, get the third goal to get level in agg with them, we'll all be buzzing in the stands thinking we can do this, then Stranraer breaks up the pitch and scores in injury time to beat us 6-5 in agg. Think Bertie's negativity has rubbed off on me.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat May 07, 2016 1:37 am

Liviforever wrote:Aye it's the night before the game and I still haven't got any shred of optimism that we can get into the final, not even sure we can win this game. That might be a good thing because the last time I was so despondent we actually won, nah, still can't get myself believing we'll do it.

Best I can muster and just the way our luck has gone this season, we'll go 2-0 up and throw everything at them, get the third goal to get level in agg with them, we'll all be buzzing in the stands thinking we can do this, then Stranraer breaks up the pitch and scores in injury time to beat us 6-5 in agg. Think Bertie's negativity has rubbed off on me.

Haven't you just described Scotland v Holland in the 1978 world cup finals?

Where's an Archie Gemmell when you need one
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 07, 2016 1:59 am

Nah, Holland took the lead, we then went 3-1 up needing a 4th to qualify but they scored a few minutes after our 3rd to take the wind out our sails.

As for tomorrow (actually it's today now), me and my lads have decided to waste a tenner each... Want to witness the miracle if it materialises alternatively, we can pay our respects for the dearly departed.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat May 07, 2016 9:07 am

2-1 to Livingston. FG 8 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 07, 2016 9:27 am

Istanbul, 2005, trailing by 3 goals with 45 mins to play, a shell shocked, hurting, embarrassed Liverpool team sat in the dressing room not wanting to come out for a second half that could only possibly end one way, they would undoubtedly lose and possibly by the most humiliating of score lines. In the other dressing room Milan players knew the job was done, as assuredly as they had dismantled Liverpool in the first half they knew they were champions of Europe. In the stadium the Liverpool fans sang their hearts out more in self respect than expectation and something happened in those dressing rooms, something was said, some emotions were stirred and the rest is history.

Livingston, 2016, we have the same deficit and twice as much time to pull off the miraculous. We may not be Liverpool, we may not have players of their caliber and we certainly don't have a manager with the nous and acumen of Rafa Benitez and our fans are in no way comparable to Liverpool fans but Stranraer are no Milan.

As fans we need to get behind the team like never before, the season has been truly woeful but that must be lain aside and we need to be encouraging and supportive. We need the team to have the spirit and fight of "2nd half Liverpool" in Istanbul, we need them to get stuck right in so that they make things happen positively and the performance of the players then fuels the fans to support and encourage even more. The task is not an easy one but neither is it impossible, we have 90 minutes to make today our Istanbul.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Who's hacked Bertie's account, all this optimism and positivity, I think he's done a body swap with me.

That Chinese fortune cookie!!!!

Actually I was thinking about 2nd leg against Sturm Graz when we were 5-2 down in the first leg, or our second half performance against Falkirk when we went in at HT 3-0 down, put in that type of performance and we'd give them a fright and maybe just do the biggest comeback of our history.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 07, 2016 1:21 pm

Sturm Graz was ultimately a gallant failure, the fight back came too late as we were 3-1 down in the home leg but fought back to win the leg 4-3 but lose 8-6 on aggregate.

I can't remember the Falkrk game you are referring to.

No today we need to channel the scouse spirit and be Istanbul imitators. I just hope that we get a ref and lineos who are even handed and not out to be the centre of attention.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Sat May 07, 2016 6:02 pm

If the players gave that amount of fight for even 30 games this season, we'd still be in the Championship. The players do not give a fuck, this much is clear. What is unclear is what the summer will bring. I'm worried.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat May 07, 2016 6:18 pm

I'd be interested to hear what Hopkin's half team talks are. Again today we looked like we couldn't be arsed in the second half until later on.

Can't fault the first half, went at them from the start and deserved our lead. Ref had a shocker but if we had played like that all season we would probably have avoided the play offs, even if we played like that last week we'd likely be heading for the final.

Oh well, suppose we can just be glad that this utter shitfuck of a season is over. Might actually win some games next season, hopefully get a proper manager in too but I won't hold my breath.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 07, 2016 6:42 pm

At half time we had them on the ropes. Dunno what Hopkin said to them in the dressing room but it clearly had a mogadon effect because as much as we were "up for it" in the first half we were pretty poor in the second. Credit to the lads for the two late goals that took it to ET and for a moment I'm sure we all believed we were going to live to fight another day...but we were running on empty throughout ET and got "done" by two breakaways. All in all the lads gave everything they had today but they just didn't have enough left in ET to complete the miracle.

I thought the officiating was abysmal, Stranraer were time wasting from the word go and they got away with it so credit to them for persisting with the "tactic" as part of their game management. It nearly back fired with us taking it to ET.

Finally. I hope someone recorded the antics of the Stranraer bench in ET in particular, their behaviour was worse than players celebrating goals in front of opposition fans, they deserve a major fine for that.

So that is the season over, hopefully a major overhaul of the coaching staff takes place because some of these lads have talent but they need it developed properly.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Sat May 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Gesturing to the fans has resulted in fines for people in the past. Our fans didn't cover themselves in glory though, a few of them looked ready for scrapping. The majority of the fans were top notch today, never thought I'd miss the drum! We need more of the same support going forward. Genuinely believe we were like a 12th man today but the first 11 just weren't good enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Aye, referring to my Istanbul post earlier, for a while we got exactly what I was hoping for. But over the season our results have just not been good enough. Hopefully we can go down and rebuild

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm