The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Troy
Durnford
LiviLion
Auld Nick
8 posters

East Fife V Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

East Fife V Livi Empty East Fife V Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Tricky game but both Brechin and Alloa have beaten them so expecting us to as well. Customary good first half and go in 2 or 3 goals up would do me fine and hopefully add a goal or two in the 2nd half too and make sure of the points.

Got a good feeling about this game, 4-1 Livi, fg 12 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

East Fife V Livi Empty Re: East Fife V Livi

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 pm

Well if you have a good feeling....

I missed the QP game & we lost; I will miss this game due to long standing commitment elsewhere; so if we lose, we'll know that the boys need me in the crowd.

I expect EF to be hard to break down & I think we will have our first draw of the season
    EF 1 Liv 1 FG 54 mins

Now, all those folk who claim that Rankine is still involved with the club...maybe he could have a word with that female that was (possibly still is) running East Fife & get them to lie down? After all he might as well use his influence for the good of the club; and according to the powers that be he had undue influence over EF while he was on our board, so I'm sure she'd help if she can. (Please note that this paragraph is satirical & in no way reflects reality)
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:42 am

2-1 Livi, FG 24 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:20 pm

3 - 1 to Livi
    FG 7 mins

Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Tough game but arent they all.East Fife are probably happy with their start to the season and will be a tough nut to crack espiecialy on their own patch.Ifeel if Livi apply themselves with the same vigour and attitude i see no reason why we cant continue our rich vein of form lately and bring the spoils back home.Havent heard about any injuries or suspensions so hope hoppy keeps faith with the guys who have served us so well recently.Once again over to you Livi.Do it!!!
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:22 am

3-2 Livingston. FG 28 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Horsed. Players didn't apply themselves in a similar manner to the past two matches, and that in itself is embarrassing. First 10 minutes was enough to make you doubt the professional credentials of any of the Livi players. Also, a shout out to David Hopkin for persisting with three at the back the entire match; a fitter, maybe more competent team would've destroyed us. Can't really comment on the red cards, but it's a fairly shite lack of discipline given we were chasing the game still and the referee was clearly hoaching to get the cards out at that point.

Essential we beat Peterhead next week, and with a bit to spare. A clean sheet would be a delight after watching Liam Kelly today.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:18 am

Think you're being harsh Afro, prob due to anger at the result. I've had time to chill out (and a few beers) and wouldn't say the persisting with the back 3 was a big problem, we pushed up and put them under a lot of pressure 2nd half and got hit on the counter a few times but that would've happened with a back 4 too as we were chasing the game needing 3 goals.

Biggest problem was the wind and the plastic pitch, home advantage really counted there. East Fife knew exactly how to play it, we tried to let the ball bounce to get our foot on the ball but the bounce on that pitch took the ball away from our player and the East Fife striker was right on it. They launched long high balls towards the box all first half and we struggled to deal with them. Wasn't pretty football, was barely any passing football at all but it was effective and won them the match.

2nd half they didn't have the wind behind them and hardly troubled us with long balls, instead tried to hit them up to their lone striker for a counter attack, or taking off the pressure from their defence for a few minutes.

We were unlucky a few times when we had scrambles in their box but it wasn't our day for getting a lucky break. Too much to do in the 2nd half really after Kelly gifting them their 3rd goal, still don't know how he didn't gather that ball.

The 2 sendings off didn't effect the result, they were late reds and we were beaten whether they stayed for the 90 mins or not, will have a knock on effect for the next 2 games though as those are two key players. Prob need to go with Halkett and Crighton at CB, with Neil and Longridge RB & LB. Sinclair will have to partner Byrne in midfield while Miller is suspended too.

Pisser of a result but not much damage done with Stenny drawing with Alloa, Brechin go back ahead too as we're now a point behind both of them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:15 am

Dissapointing result from Methil yesterday.Surely some form of inquest from Hopkin and co as to how we succumed to such a disastrous first 45 mins.Ive said before that complacency is our biggest threat and unfortunatly yesterday it reared its ugly head again for us.Spoke about suspensions possibly hampering us on Friday well now we are going to have to deal with it after the indicipline from yesterday.Reckon another good kick up the arse required to them in training this week in preparation for another testing trip up north to Peterhead.Still as has been said only a point off the top and still early days.just wish we would stop making it so hard for ourselves but there again isnt that the Livi way.Cmon lads get a grip!!!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Wouldn't say so LF, the side definitely has a lot more balance to it, 3 at the back or 4, with Longridge on the left side. Not slating Cadden too much as he is a winger by trade and not a full-back but it's abundantly clear out of him and Josh Mullin which one has had experience in a defensive role... Have to say, Hurst for East Fife played a bit of a blinder in goal, good, commanding presence and was resolute throughout. Despairing in a sense then that he's a former Livi youth 'keeper!

Hopefully it's a boot up the arse for the squad like Troy says, would be a sickener for all the mad bastards who're trekking up to Peterhead and Belfast to see us get turned over so tamely like we did on Saturday.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:45 pm

I think playing three at the was precisely why we went three goals down Excuses about the pitch and the moderate breeze are precisely that; excuses.

Halkett was extremely poor particularly for 2 and 3 and Kelly should have stopped both in my opinion.

The club absolutely have to appeal Miller's red;

https://vimeo.com/channels/eftv

As for Lithgow; what an idiot; really should have known better
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:34 pm

The first two goals were gifts to East Fife. The video confirms what I thought at the time - that Kelly was fouled for the third. It was annoying because the ref was quick to give a foul on their goalie earlier when he dropped the ball. In saying that we deserved nothing from the game.
    Re the red cards. I thought Miller's was harsh. I didnt see the Lithgow incident at the time. I suppose there was a bit of afters there but reading the comments following the game I had expected a jaw breaking elbow in the face. In actual fact it looked like he brushed Insall's chest. It was that bad that Insall just grinned following it. The ref gave us nothing all game. It's becoming a regular occurrence.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:51 pm

The pitch def had an influence on their goals, but we should've learned from the first goal not to let the ball bounce and just clear the lines like East Fife did. In fact we got away with one right from the start when we got got out with the bounce off the pitch and headed it off the line. Alloa and Brechin played similar long balls but we weren't troubled by them, Insall was the difference this time though, he was on us in a flash when we let the ball hit the plastic.

Agree with you about the ref Orco, he wasn't consistent with his fouls, same challenge on their keeper who dropped the ball was given a foul, seemed to blow for a foul to EF whenever we went near them but let play go on for the same challenges on our players, was a terrible ref.

On the Lithgow red, it was prob frustration from Insall hustling us all game, similar to Mullen against Goodwin, only Goodwin got away with elbows and falling on Mullen all game.

Kelly may have been fouled for the 3rd but he was slow to come out for it and ffs he can use his hands, he still should've had the advantage, that goal killed us off, 2-0 at HT and we'd have had a decent cance of coming back 2nd half.

All besides the point now right enough, we got humped and have to take it on the chin and get up for the Peterheid game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:48 pm

We've won our appeal over Mikey Miller's red card.

Think he'd have been a bigger miss than Lithgow so that's good. We can go back to 4 at the back with Crighton & Halkett as CB's, and Longridge & Neill as FB's. Neill actually did ok at RB the last time he played there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am