The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
orco
LiviCub
Liviforever
EdinburghLivi
8 posters

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw Empty Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Tuesday at 3:30. Still divided into North and South at this point so our possible opponents are...

Albion Rovers
    Berwick Rangers
    Clyde
    Hearts
    Morton
    Stranraer
    Rangers/Hibs

Clyde away for the new ground would be absolutely ideal. Please not bloody Morton, Berwick or Stranraer away.

Last edited by EdinburghLivi on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw Empty Re: Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Gieus a home draw ffs, don't care who it is just want it at home.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw Empty Re: Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw

Post by LiviCub Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Albion at home would be ideal. No doubt we'll end up with Hearts or Rangers/Hibs away.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:46 am

Apparently Clyde haven't moved yet so will retract that and say any of the big three away or a diddy at home.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:54 am

As an aside, did we not have the exact same draws in the first round of cups at the start of the 3rd division season? Sure we got beat by Queens at Dumfries and Albion at Coatbridge.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:As an aside, did we not have the exact same draws in the first round of cups at the start of the 3rd division season? Sure we got beat by Queens at Dumfries and Albion at Coatbridge.

Correct.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/archive/2009-10/match_2009_10.php
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 am

Gonna be real spooky if we get Clyde away in the Scottish cup.

I remember that Albion defeat, that was a nighmare, think the team were still in shock from being demoted out of the 1st div ((Unceremoniously dumped into the 3rd by the good old SFA).
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:07 am

Not as spooky as the mist that descended over Broadwood - twice, Liviforever.

I thought that tie would never be settled. Postponed on the Saturday cos of fog. Abandoned on the midweek because of fog. A draw when it was rescheduled. We finally gubbed them in the replay at Almondvale.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:02 pm

The Albion Rovers game was terrible. It wasn't even like the team was horrific or anything, just a bit young and inexperienced. Bobby Barr ripped us apart that day and we struggled with their pitch and physicality.

The thing about the abandoned games was that we were ridiculously comfortable in them. Then Ewan Moyes got himself sent off for diving into a stupid tackle and we struggled to a draw in the game that finished. De Vita should have scored at the end though.

I then missed the 7-1 due to having an exam the next day.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 pm

I attended all of the Clyde games and they were all laughable in their own right.

I can't remember if it was the first abandoned match or the second, but as the ref blew his whistle to abandon the match, the fog was slowly starting to clear up. We were winning at the time but David Winters could easily have had a hat-trick, his finishing in that game summed up his career as a 'striker'.

The game that finished 1-1, De Vita was 1 v 1 and hit it wide, any other day and he would've buried it. And the 7-1 game, we were below average first half and it was blatantly obvious that Bollan gave the hairdryer treatment at HT. Still one of my favourite Livi games.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 pm

LiviCub wrote:I attended all of the Clyde games and they were all laughable in their own right.

I can't remember if it was the first abandoned match or the second, but as the ref blew his whistle to abandon the match, the fog was slowly starting to clear up.
    Pretty sure the first abandoned game went on longer than the second despite the fog being a lot worse in the first game.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:26 pm

I remember a Livi fan threw his shoe on the pitch and a ball boy ran off with it. Saw him in the car park afterwards being carried to his car.

Fool.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:I remember a Livi fan threw his shoe on the pitch and a ball boy ran off with it. Saw him in the car park afterwards being carried to his car.

Fool.
    Hahaha just remembered that now! I didn't see him getting carried in the car park but the ball boy was looking well smug and taking the piss. Quite right, as well.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:21 pm

The closer it's getting, the more I'm fearing a midweek trip to Berwick...
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Can watch the draw live here:

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:37 pm

We're at home to Hearts
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Cheers, Hugh. Good lad.

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:43 pm

North/East
    Dunfermline/Raith vs. Falkirk
    Brora vs. East Fife
    Brechin vs. Peterhead
    Stirling Albion vs. Alloa

South/West
    Livi vs. Hearts
    Rangers/Hibs vs. Clyde
    Morton vs. Berwick
    Stranraer vs. Albion Rovers
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:06 pm

I can't see us getting through this.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:17 pm

LiviCub wrote:I can't see us getting through this.

I can. Hearts are shite and we're the home team.

2-1 Livi.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Hopefully get a decent crowd for this by our standards to alleviate the lack of "big" home games in the league during the initial period of the season. Bit early to gauge how we'll do, but at least we got a home draw at last.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm

I watched that video of the draw before I had seen who we were drawn against and had a feeling we were coming out at Home against Hearts, amazing draw, couldn't have wished for better.

Big crowd at home lovely, gives us a better chance of going through than playing at their ground anyway, can't wait.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Hearts guy on FB saying that "Livi are our bogey team in wee cups". When pressed, he says "for a few years they were".

We've beat them once in our history.

Fucking moron. Hope we pump them.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Should state, brilliant tie. Delighted.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Bit of history with McGlynn managing them and quite a few ex Hearts players playing for us now, should give it an extra bit of bite, they'll want to prove something by beating them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm