The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
orco
LiviCub
Liviforever
EdinburghLivi
8 posters

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm

mozam76 wrote:Hearts guy on FB saying that "Livi are our bogey team in wee cups".  When pressed, he says "for a few years they were".

We've beat them once in our history.

Fucking moron. Hope we pump them.

I can remember beating them 1-0 when they were sitting top of the league and hadn't lost in 17 games, then their manager was sacked. Good old Vlad. Laughing  Think that was a midweek cup game, didn't think we had a hope in hell when I went down to watch the game, couldn't believe we won that game.

Edit* Just checked, it was the League cup 2005-06, George Burley that was sacked and McGlynn took over as caretaker manager. They had pumped us 4-1 at almondvale in the league 10 days earlier too.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Ex-Jambo Ramon Pereira got the goal, if I remember rightly. Was very smug in school the next day.

I'm with Lexi, I would fancy us to have a decent chance against anyone except Rangers at home.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:34 pm

I was in the Hearts end with my dad and a few of his mates for that game, was hard not to cheer when the goal went in.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 pm

The majority of Hearts fans I've encountered are absolutely pikeys. Awful dress sense, appalling haircuts and the IQ of a garden spade. They're a poor imitation of the huns. They're not quite as trampy as that lot from Leith though.

All the better for when we pump them out.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 pm

They have a weaker squad than the last time we played them in the League Cup in 2012 but I just think we won't get past them. But if we beat them then I'm more than happy to put my hands up and say I got it wrong!

Should get a good crowd for it, good couple of thousand at least. I take it if Neil Alexander plays, this will be his first return to Almondvale?
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Wednesday 20th 19:45.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:35 am

As mentioned in the League Cup thread, the pricing has been revealed on the club website:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20140808_1.php

This is an all ticket game

Adults - £12
    Concessions - £8
    Children - £5

Very good price pricing. If Hearts broadcast this out as early as possible, we will definitely get a good turn out from both sides.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 am

Only potential problem is if they show it on TV but I imagine that since they're already showing the league game, they'll probably show the Rangers one. I agree there's a good chance for another good crowd.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:43 am

This had me confused for a while...

Our Petrofac Training Cup tie with Hearts at Tynecastle on Wednesday 20 August 7.45pm will be all-ticket

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 pm