The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Auld Nick
Afro
Troy
Durnford
Liviforever
9 posters

Livi v Albion Rovers

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Albion Rovers - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v Albion Rovers

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:54 am

Aye that was in other games, don't know why you were wanting us to use high balls more last night though, we were playing better keeping it on the deck and getting it up the wings. Cadden was putting in some decemt balls, just wasn't anyone getting on the end of them. Buchanan isn't a player that scores with his head though, if Mullen was playing alongside Cadden he'd have been more likely to get on the end of it, in fact Josh Mullin has got on the end of Cadden's balls in from the wing a few times but they rarely get to play at the same time.

Anyway, I thought it was a good idea having Todorov starting, said pre match a couple of days ago on P&B match thread i'd like to see him and Buch's, and keeping Mullen as an impact sub. Also having Cadden running them ragged and then Mullin coming on to finish them off, glad Hopkin saw that tactic working too. I had it being a close game but thought we could maybe sneak it with our impact subs, turned out we ran away with it in the last 5 minutes and were comfortable enough holding onto our first half lead.

The big fella gets this clumsy label but I've seen him play some neat stuff on Alloa's and Airdrie's plastic pitches, although despite our divot laden pitch making the ball bobble about he still manages to stumble on through with it, maybe that is where folk have him down as clumsy, his strength on the ball allows him to carry on going though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:09 pm

Simply because there was a big guy up front and I wanted to see what he could do with it. I want us to play on the deck and to our credit we tried to do so but we weren't incisive enough and didn't have a quick enough tempo to really trouble Albion. Whenever we did quicken the pace we got in behind but the final ball let us down & too often we tried to go through the middle of their defence and Buchanan or Todorov lost the ball.

Cadden only got 3 or 4 crosses in during our best phase in the first half and none were remotely close to troubling their defence. They would have been decent enough if they found a Livi player but none of them did. As I said, Cadden was skinning the full back every time he took him on but he only got 3 or 4 chances to do so, not his fault at all but his team mates needed to be giving him the ball.

Disagree with you on Todorov's strength allowing him to continue even when the ball bobbled. As I said, he wasn't doing very well with his first touch, nor with his passing or running with it. He had 2 excellent moments which were his goals but apart from that he didn't raise the excitement levels. He looked a wasted shirt when he missed his easiest chance of the night at 1-0. In his favour, his power in the air was clear from his 2nd goal.

Again, as I said earlier, the bottom line is we won & as such it feels wrong to complain about the performance but we need to critique the performance honestly if we want to improve and we will need to improve if we want to stay up next season (assuming we go up of course, which is looking more likely but is not yet guaranteed).
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:01 pm

You could sense a feeling of nervousness in the stand last night,Understandable as we did have a couple of decent chances to kill the game especially Pitmans volley which their keeper made a magnificent save from before the late late show from us.Pity weve only got big Todorov till the end of the season as he gives us something we havent had for a while.Agree with Bertie in this instance,we should be giving honest opinions on games and not a biased assesment with the Livi blinkers on.Thought Rovers did reasonably well last night and feel they should be ok at the end of the season if they play like that aginst other teams in the division.Hopefully the weather will be kind to us this week and not give us any reason to be concerned about Saturdays game being on.Well done Livi.Keep it going.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Again you're watching a different game from me, and yes it does seem ridiculous being so critical when we comfortably won 3-0, Rovers never looked like they were going to score, even if it finished 1-0 it would've been job well done, but we finished them off with another 2 goals and never gave them a chance to sneak something in the dying seconds.

The pitch is shite, we still played decent on it in the first half till it was full of divots and never looked like losing a goal, so all this we didn't do this and we should've done that is a lot of nonsense. We won 3-0, some would say performance is 2nd to results but I thought we played well enough too and you only need to worry about who you're playing not what if we were playing someone better, when we are playing a better team we'll gub them too. Very Happy

BTW I hope big Todorov is shite again on Saturday and scores another 2 goals. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:16 pm

Will try to remember to keep my eyes wide open on Saturday to ensure that im indeed watching the same game as you Liviforever.Seriously that s the beuity of this forum that it allows people to give an interpretation of the said game as they saw it.Reckon it it would be a wee bit boring if everyone had the same opinion.Its good do differ now and again as long as it doesnt go overboard.On a more positive note seems that the weather is looking up for Saturday although as its against East Fife you can be rest assured it will be windy.LOL L/F. T.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Agreed Troy, it's good to get all views and as I have told LF many times before when we disagree (which isn't that often TBF) he can be wrong if he wants Laughing Wink

Bottom line is we won, we didn't look in any danger but that doesn't mean we played well.
    But as I have said before, it's much more important to win than to play well at this stage of the season

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am