The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Shaun Byrne Match Ban

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Shaun Byrne Match Ban Empty Shaun Byrne Match Ban

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:22 am

Brilliant, he's been hit with an 8 match ban after being found guilty of breaking the SFA's betting rules. http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/03/17/livingston-midfielder-shaun-byrne-hit-eight-match-ban-breaking-scottish-fa-betting-rules/

Misses our next 5 games and then has a further 3 games to serve that runs till next summer. Can't believe footballers are so stupid to be doing this.

Might give Sinclair his chance now though, or Millar to drop back a bit and take over Byrne's position.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Shaun Byrne Match Ban Empty Re: Shaun Byrne Match Ban

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 am

Idiot. I understand some folk are addicted to gambling but when it is common knowledge that it is against the rules in the sport that pays your wages it's just plain stupid. If I was in charge of the club I'd fine him for each match he misses as a result of this but it would probably only encourage him to gamble again to make up the shortfall.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:19 pm

This probably explains why Jordan Sinclair wasn't let go in January even after Keaghan signed. And still no statement from the club's official site or Twitter feed.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Still nothing from the club on either the ban itself or the appeal which they've apparently put in.

Transparency, huh?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Afro wrote:Still nothing from the club on either the ban itself or the appeal which they've apparently put in.

Transparency, huh?

Saw this yesterday: http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/03/22/livingston-boss-david-hopkin-confirms-lions-appealed-eight-game-ban-dished-shaun-byrne-sfa/

DAVID HOPKIN has revealed that Livingston have appealed against the eight-game ban dished out to midfielder Shaun Byrne for a breach of SFA gambling regulations.

Compared to Brett who actually made quite a few bets against his own team in games he was playing, yet got a lesser ban than Byrne, so Byrne is quite right to appeal the severity of it. Also allows him to play for us till the appeal is heard, which is good for us.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Afro wrote:Still nothing from the club on either the ban itself or the appeal which they've apparently put in.

Transparency, huh?

Saw this yesterday: http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/03/22/livingston-boss-david-hopkin-confirms-lions-appealed-eight-game-ban-dished-shaun-byrne-sfa/

DAVID HOPKIN has revealed that Livingston have appealed against the eight-game ban dished out to midfielder Shaun Byrne for a breach of SFA gambling regulations.

Compared to Brett who actually made quite a few bets against his own team in games he was playing, yet got a lesser ban than Byrne, so Byrne is quite right to appeal the severity of it. Also allows him to play for us till the appeal is heard, which is good for us.

I don't disagree with appealing the ban given the slight precedent which was set a little over a month ago with Dean Brett. What I don't disagree with is the fans being kept in the dark via official channels, and having to pick up fairly major news like this from an online outlet.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Yep, wasn't till after the game that I saw we had appealed it, on Callum Carson's twitter. Pre game when I saw Byrne's name on the team sheet I was panicking, thinking we'd done another Crusaders with Lithgow playing when he was meant to be serving a suspension. With Livi's history of getting things messed up and getting hit with fines and points deductions you just never can tell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm