The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Goal of the Season vote

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Goal of the Season vote Empty Goal of the Season vote

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:13 am

The OCS has a video vote for goal of the season with some outstanding candidates in terms of spectacular strikes, terrific teamwork, tremendous technique, consummate control & fantastic finishing.

It was a difficult choice to make & I could justify picking a number of the goals for a variety of reasons.

In the end I went for Liam Buchanan against Alloa last October. It features good passing and Buchanan receives the ball running out of the box with a defender on his tail, he turns his man, strides into the box and curls it in to the far corner. It was the combination of teamwork & individual brilliance that swung it for me. I was stunned to find that I appear to be the only person to have voted for it so far.

Get voting over on the OCS, and if you feel so inclined, justify you pick back here.

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Goal of the Season vote Empty Re: Goal of the Season vote

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 am

Lovely curling shot by Cadden for the 1st goal.

I liked Buchanan's finish for the Alloa goal but for a team goal his East Fife one was superb, the way we moved it about and just ripping their defence apart, absolutely superb.

Cadden and Mullin work well together too, I saw Mullin getting on the end of a Cadden cross into the 6 yard box a few times, hope they get more games together next season to form that kind of partnership.

They put in Mikey Miller's free kick but this one against Alloa away is an absolute belter, right in the top corner. Click on to 10 mins 10 seconds to watch it, i'd say it was better than Crighton at Airdrie.

Great bit of individual skill from Lithgow going into his own corner flag, turning and nutmegging the Airdrie player, then the long diagonal pass from Todorov to Mullen, and Mullen's curling shot for goal I.

I went for Pittman's goal against Alloa though Goal J. The distance out to get over the ball like he did to keep it down was fantastic technical ability, and of course it was a wonder goal to get us over the line to win the league.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:07 am

Has to be Crighton's volley against Airdrie for me. Great technique for a player like Crighton and you can tell he meant it rather than hitting it in hope, I don't think he could've hit it any sweeter. It also set the tone for what would be our best performance of the season.

Special mention for Mullin's goal against Crusaders simply because it was away in Northern Ireland.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Went for Pittman v Alloa, league winning goal, and he'll probably be left out the PotY with Buchanan likely to win so deserves something Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:00 pm

LF are we the new kings of irony? I'm touting Pittman for PotY because of his all round performance while criticising your choice of Buchanan on the basis that his goals tend to be poacher's specials while you argued he deserves PotY because of his goal scoring record and pointed to goals like the Alloa one to counter my argument.... So for goal of the season... I go for Buchanan and you go for Pittman... Just shows you we have been spoiled for choice in both player & goal categories this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:LF are we the new kings of irony? I'm touting Pittman for PotY because of his all round performance while criticising your choice of Buchanan on the basis that his goals tend to be poacher's specials while you argued he deserves PotY because of his goal scoring record and pointed to goals like the Alloa one to counter my argument.... So for goal of the season... I go for Buchanan and you go for Pittman... Just shows you we have been spoiled for choice in both player & goal categories this season.

Yeah i noticed that. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 pm

And I agree that Miller's goal at Alloa was stunning

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 am