The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Afro
Durnford
Auld Nick
Liviforever
8 posters

Morton v Livi

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Morton v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Morton v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss!!!!!!

Well done lads, important to get that first win in the league & hopefully we can push on from this.

FT
    Brechin 0 ICT 4
    Dumb 0 Dunf 4
    Falk 1 QoS 4
    Morton 0 Livi 1
    Saints 3 United 0

Dunfermline top of the league following some easy wins after being lucky to escape from our place with a draw, Queens up to second, Saints into 3rd United down to 4th. Morton 5th on GD ahead of us in 6th. ICT up to 7th, Dumbarton down to 8th, Falkirk in 9th after their own late goal & Dunfermline's 4th & Brechin down to 10th.

Strange fact after 4 games - We are the only team to take a point against the leaders & the only team to have been held by the bottom team.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Terrific result from Cappeillow today.I said prior to the game i didnt want to put a hex on the lads today. Glad i kept my mouth shut.Other results today show the expected teams expected to be there or abouts at the end of the season reasonably confirmed with the the exception of Falkirk.Early days but looking promising for us to stay in this league.Hopefully big Hartson will pass on his expertise to our forwards on putting the numerous chances away the way he used to.Well done Hoppy and our team!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:40 pm

More like ourselves today after last week's poor show. Def have been missing Keaghan, he was everywhere today putting in tackles and helping us dominate midfield. And Gallagher was tremendous at the back, what a tackle to stop Quitongo from scoring. Our back 3 are working well together, they cover each other brilliantly too.
    Much the same script as our cup win against Morton, we defended well and launched a long ball up the pitch for our striker to run onto, Mullen this time, and nick it past their keeper. Once it went in we just saw out the game and broke up play with wee fouls and milking it when we got fouled to run the clock down. Frustrating to watch when you're chasing the game but vital sometimes to be able to hold onto a 1 goal lead.

Good to get the league win monkey off our backs too, think it made a difference not having a midweek game and everyone was on top form to work their arse off for the 3 points.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:51 pm

The game itself was poor but three much needed points. Also proves how big a player Lithgow is to the side now.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:30 pm

A relief to get the win at last. There were no passengers in the game today. Everyone worked their socks off. I lost count of the times our midfield broke up Morton attacks and started our own. We came close to scoring a few times before Danny got his goal. I was worried he'd mess up the one on one with the goalie but in it went. Another goal would have settled my nerves given how we have surrendered leads in games this season but we held on.

Well so far we haven't been overwhelmed by anyone. We should have won the Dunfermline game. We threw away the Brechin one and we were put off our stride last week by the St Mirren sending off.

So, a wee trip south for me next week and a break from the stress of league games. Hopefully it will be a decent game and we can come back with another cup win.
    Happy days. Very Happy
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am

Didn't head through yesterday but delighted we've finally got that first win, hopefully calms things down a wee bit. Expected a reaction from Morton given the ease with which we won the cup game, but by all accounts, it was a bit of a repeat yesterday.

As orco says above, pressure is off next week, away to a team with a far bigger budget than us. From what I've seen so far this season, though, we seem to revel in the underdog status so hoping for more of the same in that regard next Sunday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 am

Yep and a free weekend from league duty so we'd prob have arranged a bounce game anyway. And a chance to play Penrice again to get him better acquainted with his team mates. Felt he was a bit safe in how he played yesterday and wasn't making runs to hit the bye line and vice versa, his team mates weren't passing to him as much as they could when there was the opportunity to get him down the wing.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Forgot to say I thought it was decent refereeing by Anderson yesterday. I criticise them enough so only fair to give praise when it is due.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:11 pm

Aye he wasn't influenced by the Morton fans greeting for fouls and penalties every 5 minutes when it was perfectly good challenges. Their fans shouting at him when Byrne got treatment and stayed on the pitch afterwards cause their player got booked for a foul on him was FAF too, Jack Ross got sent to the stand last week for pointing out that rule to the ref.

Although he gave Morton a bit too much leeway before booking them for all the fouls they were doing on our players at the start of the game, even after signalling it was their final warning he was reluctant to hand out their first yellow card.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Danny Mullen's goal: https://vimeo.com/231267429

Some pass by Toddy, do you think he meant it? Laughing

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Another fair assessment from Duffy.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Nice shoulder charge by Byrne on 2:07, thou shalt not pass quitongo ya bass. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:53 pm

What a rotten set of highlights. Where were Gallagher's outstanding tackles?
    The editing on our goal was poor too.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Fans who purchase tickets prior to 1pm on a matchday will enjoy a freeze upon last year’s pay-at-the-gate prices and these will be priced at:
    Adults – £18
    Concessions – £15
    Children aged 12-16 – £5
    Children under 12^ – Free

And the award for taking the piss out of the away fans goes to........

Adult tickets purchased between 1pm and 3pm on a matchday are subject to an additional £2 charge and this will be invested directly into our own youth development programme.

I reckon we should get a special mention in the MDM, something along the lines of, 'cheers Livi fans, for your generous, erm, voluntary, well not really given a choice, enforced surcharge/donation, to our youth development programme. That was very nice of you.'

Seriously though, that's ridiculous, they are just taking the piss out of away fans. Fair enough they want fans to purchase tickets early so there aren't big queues to jam up their ticketing system on match days, but the home fans have all week to get a ticket, away fans wont be going through 2 and a half hours before ko though and are just being ripped off here, and charged £20 entry, £2 more than the home fans.

I see Morton have decided that adult gate prices for tomorrow's game will be £18 regardless of when they are bought.

I've just fired off an email to them suggesting they let Livi fans in for £16 when we next visit to make up for us being ripped off a couple of weeks ago.

I think they are realising they were on a sticky wicket with that nonsense. Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Yeah even their fans criticised them for the £2 surcharge after 1pm. Good that they've realized it was out of order and have come to their senses now, just a shame they overcharged Livi fans before doing so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm