The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Durnford
Liviforever
8 posters

Livi v QoS

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v QoS - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v QoS

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:32 pm

The young Livi youth players might be, a couple of them are dong really well in the Juniors, but they're future stars, prob a couple of years away from where Mullen is, and he's still to have a real impact at this level goal scoring wise.

Highlights from RogerThatProductions https://vimeo.com/233282232

Certainly looks to me that Mullen was claiming that pen incident I was talking about, he's got his arm up shouting for it and slapping his hand to the ground in frustration/anger at not getting it.

Nice back heel by Lithgow for Mackin's goal BTW, he gets overlooked for a lot of good play, kinda blends into the background and goes unnoticed.

Also has Mullen when he cut in from the wing and got an opening to have a shot from the edge of the box, you'll notice the difference from Stirling's shot though, Queens player got a leg in as Danny shot and did enough to stop him scoring, Stirling had nobody getting near him allowing him a free shot at goals. Dunno if we just switched off or were having a breather but it cost us dearly. As long as we learn from it though, can't afford to do it again at this level. A couple of seasons back St Mirren kept scoring goals like that against us when we never closed them down.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 pm

I didn't say he didn't claim it, I said it was half-hearted and having watched it I will say that it was more than half-hearted but it still wasn't as vociferous as his other claims for fouls & I still don't see a foul on him, they both slide in and Mullen is well short of reaching it regardless of the presence of the defender.

As far as Queens being on top for only 10 mins goes; check your watch, I think the battery needs replaced. The subs came on at the 60 mins mark and they troubled as much in the next 20 mins as we had troubled them in the first hour as they stepped up the pace. The last 10 mins was pretty much even as both tried to nick the win following our equaliser as we had finally worked out how to deal with them. Over the piece a draw was a fair result.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Liviforever wrote:Nice back heel by Lithgow for Mackin's goal BTW, he gets overlooked for a lot of good play, kinda blends into the background and goes unnoticed.

I was a bit disappointed Hopkin decided to keep Lithgow instead of Crighton, but he's proved me wrong (again). Lithgow's made a massive improvement from last season, used to get a bit of the fear when he was near the ball last season but now he's a complete #baller.

Those goals from Queens get better every time you watch them, Alexander got a finger to Stirling's, would have been some save if he managed to push it wide.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:43 pm

It was a couple of punts up the wing that troubled us, they didn't trouble us for 20 mins. 10 mins at best imo. You're getting worse with not admitting your wrong Bertie, first it wasn't a pen proven by Mullen's lack of protest, now we can see he did protest, but it wasn't much of a protest compared to other times, luv a duck. Laughing

Aye LL, Lithgow has a decent bit of skill on the ball, even last season when he nutmegged an Airdrie player to start off the move where Toddy hit a long ball across to Mullen, who then stuck it past the keeper.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Read my posts LF, I've said it was half hearted not non existent, I now agree I understated his appeal I got that bit wrong but he was the only one appealing & he didn't do it for long. It wasn't a pen, that much is clear from the video, any contact was a coming together as they both slid in, so you can luv as many ducks as you like. And if you don't think they dominated from the moment they put the subs on until we equalised then you are wearing your Livi-tinted specs. Clearly I am not going to change your mind but as I have said before, you can be wrong if you want.

That bloke Jon Snow over in the den seems to have a better picture of the game mate, you should listen to him. lol! geek jocolor scratch

Naismith clearly recognised his team were lacking in pace & that we were getting too comfortable in holding them at 1-0, the subs changed the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content