The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
orco
Auld Nick
6 posters

Didn't See That Coming

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Didn't See That Coming Empty Didn't See That Coming

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:25 pm

So, after 69 competitive domestic games undefeated and going to Tynecastle where the home side have struggled since returning there to score more than once per game against the lesser lights in the division, who expected Hearts to destroy Celtic 4-0 & a 16 year old boy to be the star of the show? Congrats to the Gorgie Boys, a fantastic result for them today.
    orco
    orco

Didn't See That Coming Empty Re: Didn't See That Coming

Post by orco Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Just shows what can happen when you match hard work with complacency. We've surprised a few teams this season with our work ethic.
    We all knew somebody would beat them eventually but never imagined it would be a gubbing.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Yep superb effort by Hearts, some score.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Aye, agreed Orco, I expected that when they lost it would be by the odd goal and a backs-to-the-wall parked bus routine. But Hearts appear to have really taken it to them and swept them aside in the manner that Celtic have been doing.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:47 pm

May as well stick to this thread for Falkirk pumping Utd 6-1 yesterday, def didn't see that one coming. Shocked

Didn't think anyone in this division had it in them to score 6 goals past another Championship team, not even Brechin, but the team that had the best defensive record and sitting in 2nd place v a crap Falkirk team, bonkers result.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Aye, this might as well be the surprise result thread...

Newport 2 Leeds 1 fits it too. Leeds have been fairly solid top 6 in the English second tier & get knocked out the FA Cup by Newport County.

Not all giant killer results qualify, cause I think Coventry beating Stoke was on the cards.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Forest 4 Arsenal 2

Liverpool 4 City 3
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:41 am

That was some game between Liverpool and Man City, even 4-1 up Liverpool barely held onto their win. Man City just keep scoring goals and never give up, 2 entertaining teams both going for goals.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Aye, it was a cracker of a match, City almost stealing a point at the death as well. I think Liverpool deserved to edge it but it would have been some come back if City had equalised.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Isn't a successful one but kinda fits into this thread for their gallant effort. Norwich v Chelsea in the cup, brilliant effort by Norwich getting an equaliser in the last minute of injury time with their last kick/header of the ball. Fully deserved after clipping the bar and hitting the post.

The ET was mad too, 3 Chelsea players booked for diving, and 2 of them sent off too. Perdo's was a blatant dive and then another deserved booking for a cynical foul later on. Morata went down too easily throwing himself forward when he had an arm and hand put on him, he'd been going down far too easily a few times tbh so I think he deserved his booking, then got a red card for his heated protest to the referee. Willian got clipped for the 3rd one but I reckon he was going down before he got touched so the ref was spot on, the VAR agreed despite the pundits all saying it was a blatant penalty.

It was refreshing to see the ref going against the big team playing at home and not giving them big decisions.

Chelsea eventually won in the penalty shoot out, with 5 excellently taken spot kicks.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:22 am

Yeah, I wasn't convinced that Willian's was a pen either. I think they need to change the wording to something like, "unless the video evidence is sufficient to overturn the decision, then the ruling on the pitch stands" - I don't think Willian dived but not all contact is a foul and not all non-contact is a dive (a player can genuinely slip or sometimes try to avoid contact & lose balance - the latter situation could be argued as a non-contact foul as the player has arguably been impeded but that would open a whole new can of diving worms)
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:48 am

After introducing colts teams into the Irnbru cup a couple of seasons ago, who didn't see this coming? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-colt-teams-set-11886261 Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Fecking shambles if this happens, SPFL will just be a complete joke of a league.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Brora Rangers continued their shocks yesterday and beat East Fife 1-0.

Means they're in the 5th round for the first time, and they've got there without conceding a goal so far.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 pm

LiviLion wrote:Brora Rangers continued their shocks yesterday and beat East Fife 1-0.

Means they're in the 5th round for the first time, and they've got there without conceding a goal so far.

I got 8 out of 10 results right yesterday, and that was one of them I didn't get, the other was Killie v County, had that as a draw.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 am

Rochdale 2 v 2 Spurs. Replay at Wembley.

They deserved that after leading 1-0 in the first half and a Dele Alli penalty award giving Kane his goal to put Spurs 2-1 up. You can't give Alli any opportunity at all to go down in the box, he just looks for the slightest chance to fall over. Glad Rochdale managed to equalise in injury time to get the draw.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Wigan 1-0 Man City

Some result for Wigan, backs to the wall 2nd half against 10 man City and then an incredible 79th min goal and somehow hanging on against the 82% possession of City, all of which was mostly in Wigan's half as they defended as if their lives depended on it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Aye, Rochdale were superb, Wigan defended incredibly & Grigg finished superbly; Guardiola virtually predicted it.... In a pre-match day interview he was asked something that suggested it would be easy but he actually said something like "But this is football, anything can happen, you can get a red card, they can defend like their life is on the line" something to that effect
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:27 pm

Liverpool 3 City 0

I expected City to score at least once. Liverpool completely in the driving seat.

Sadly I now think Real are going to threepeat
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Liverpool 3 City 0

I expected City to score at least once. Liverpool completely in the driving seat.

Sadly I now think Real are going to threepeat

It's not city failing to score that's the big surprise it's the fact that in 90 mins they didn't have a shot on target
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Then again there's every chance UEFA may overturn it or force the game to be replayed behind closed doors.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 pm

Durnford wrote:Then again there's every chance UEFA may overturn it or force the game to be replayed behind closed doors.

Doubt it, the trouble wasn't in the stadium and Sevco only got a fine for their fans attacking the Villarreal team bus.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Then again there's every chance UEFA may overturn it or force the game to be replayed behind closed doors.

Doubt it, the trouble wasn't in the stadium and Sevco only got a fine for their fans attacking the Villarreal team bus.

Maybe but Liverpool and UEFA have history; remember Heysel
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 pm

They are responsible for their fans inside & outside the ground & have been charged but the hearing won't take place until after the CL Final, so any punishment will be imposed next season.

Theoretically I suppose if they won it they could have the title stripped but I wouldn't imagine that would happen
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:They are responsible for their fans inside & outside the ground & have been charged but the hearing won't take place until after the CL Final, so any punishment will be imposed next season.

Theoretically I suppose if they won it they could have the title stripped but I wouldn't  imagine that would happen

Sevco weren't when their fans wrecked Manchester, could maybe use their excuse and say it was Chelsea fans wearing Liverpool tops and scarfs right enough.

I think Celtic had to play a game again behind closed doors when a bottle was chucked onto the pitch during a European game, but no chance a game would be replayed when an incident happens outside the ground before the game has started.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 am

Yeah, Celtic lost the replay to Rapid Vienna, and if I remember correctly a Rapid player pretended the bottle hit him even though TV showed it was nowhere near him.

The info in my last post came from Sky Sports News report.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm