The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

6 Games In 18 Days

Liviforever
    Liviforever

6 Games In 18 Days Empty 6 Games In 18 Days

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 am

Weather permitting we've got Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, ICT & QoS in the next 18 days starting from tomorrow night. A lot of tough games which will be even tougher playing 3 midweek fixtures in between the Saturday games, hopefully we can come through them and still be in the top 4.

That isn't even including our rearranged Morton game, which will also be a midweek fixture.

Falkirk H- 3 pts
    (not taking anything for granted but this is our easiest game and one we really need to be winning)

Dundee Utd A- 0 pts
    (prob our toughest game and if we get anything here it will be an unexpected bonus)

Dumbarton A- 1 point
    (wont be easy but we have to take at least a point here if we're going to stay in the top 4)

Dunfermline H-3 pts
    (Should've beaten them at home and they're in a slump, this is one we have to be winning)

ICT A-1 point
    (tricky one, we've 4 points from 2 games against them but they've become much harder to play against now, so would be happy with a draw)

QoS H-1 point
    (Our main rival for the 3rd and 4th place play off spot and although we had a comfortable victory in our away game we seem to have a lot of draws playing them at home, so can see this being another one)

Need to be taking at least 9 points from these game but I think we can get 12 and we'd be in good shape for a top 4 spot.
    Afro
    Afro

6 Games In 18 Days Empty Re: 6 Games In 18 Days

Post by Afro Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Provided the game is on tomorrow, 9 points from the next 6 games would constitute a good return in my book. Said before I'd be happy with 30 points by New Year, we'll have to beat Falkirk and Dunfermline to make that happen since I can't see us returning from Tannadice with much. Dumbarton, ICT and QoS will all be very tight, awkward games, I fancy Inverness to make a late run for the top four off the back of this bonkers clean sheet run they're on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:44 pm

Liviforever wrote:Weather permitting we've got Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, ICT & QoS in the next 18 days starting from tomorrow night. A lot of tough games which will be even tougher playing 3 midweek fixtures in between the Saturday games, hopefully we can come through them and still be in the top 4.

That isn't even including our rearranged Morton game, which will also be a midweek fixture.

Falkirk H- 3 pts
    (not taking anything for granted but this is our easiest game and one we really need to be winning)

Dundee Utd A- 0 pts
    (prob our toughest game and if we get anything here it will be an unexpected bonus)

Dumbarton A- 1 point
    (wont be easy but we have to take at least a point here if we're going to stay in the top 4)

Dunfermline H-3 pts  
    (Should've beaten them at home and they're in a slump, this is one we have to be winning)

ICT A-1 point
    (tricky one, we've 4 points from 2 games against them but they've become much harder to play against now, so would be happy with a draw)

QoS H-1 point
    (Our main rival for the 3rd and 4th place play off spot and although we had a comfortable victory in our away game we seem to have a lot of draws playing them at home, so can see this being another one)

Need to be taking at least 9 points from these game but I think we can get 12 and we'd be in good shape for a top 4 spot.

I hadn't realised the extent of the illness to our squad during our 3 weeks of postponed games, and that we hadn't even been training for a couple of weeks, it has obv had an impact on our last 2 games, and it'll make this group of games even harder. My expectations are needing changed anyway, we're not at our best, and our success this season has been built on hard work and being fit to play a high tempo for the full 90 mins. So we're going to really struggle till we get back to full fitness.

Difficult to see where we'll get a win now,we really need to be able to press teams, but hopefully we recover enough to do that soon.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:51 am

Well that was an unexpected surprise, our convincing win against Dumbarton has gotten my original predictions back on track, with 4 points from our first 3 games. Hopefully we beat the Pars on Saturday (if it beats the weather) and we'll be looking good for the 9 points I was going for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm