The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Troy
LiviCub
Auld Nick
LiviLion
Liviforever
9 posters

Dundee Utd v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Dundee Utd v Livi Empty Dundee Utd v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:49 am

This is going to be a tough game, all the more so with our rusty and recovering from the flu players. Utd have a good home record but even more so under Laszlo, he's got them organised now and playing with a bit more bite, but these are the type of games we excel in, so we may just nick something from it.
    Really not expecting us to get anything though but ever the optimist i'm going for a 1-1 draw, fg 38 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Dundee Utd v Livi Empty Re: Dundee Utd v Livi

Post by LiviLion Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 pm

2-0 Yinitit, FG 16 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:44 pm

I fully expect United to improve & kick on after the turn of the year; I think they will win the division if they do so.

I suspect our exertions last night & lack of game time over the last 3 weeks will work against us.

DU 3 Liv 0

FG 25 mins
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:03 am

I would change the team for this game and take the hit, knowing we should have a fresh starting team for the Dumbarton game which is a game we should be winning. Can't afford to gamble on players who may still be hit with the flu and cause any further damage.

Dundee United 3. Livingston 1. FG 17 mins.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Yeh would agree that this is going to be a tough test for the Lions tommorow at Tannadice.Hopefully the team will have gotten over their bugs etc and will be able to compete with a strong Dundee Utd on their own patch.Ifeel if we could possibly sneak a point here it would be seen as victory to us but t reckon this may be a bridge to far for the Lions due to our inactivity over the last moth as was shown on Tuesday night.Incidently getting brassed of with all these so called rumours about Pittman and the financial plight of the club on some other forums.Frankly until the club tell us or i see it in black and white i will certainly ignore these malicous rumours.Typical for it to happen just before Chrimbo as well.Anyway good luck to the lads tommorow. i know they will try their hardest to get us a result.Do it Livi!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Hopefully we can nick the first goal and grind out a win, anything at all from this game would be a great result though. We've done it before when we weren't expected to get anything, and from bigger teams than Utd.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am

0-3, FG 11 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 pm

My heart is ruling my head here and I'm going for a livi 1 - nil win with the first goal at 79 minutes.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Maley in goal?????
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 pm

And Andrew Dallas???
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Absolutly shitting myself here.Malley in goals.Could be a goal fest here but not from us.Howevever it is the season to be kind to all men.Surely we cant do it can we?.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Difficult to see us keeping a clear sheet so should change my prediction but will let it stand just to be bl00dy minded.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Early chances for us not taken,would suggest damage limitation the order of the day .big 45mins ahead .Cmon Livi.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:27 pm

So 2-0 to United at HT

Why is Maley in goal and no Alexander in the squad????

Maley saves a pen... United still 2-0 up
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I fully expect United to improve & kick on after the turn of the year; I think they will win the division if they do so.

I suspect our exertions last night & lack of game time over the last 3 weeks will work against us.

DU 3 Liv 0

FG 25 mins

Nearly a full house for me as the opening goal was in 22nd minute....

Be prepared for our dip in form guys, it's about to happen - I foresee us slipping out of contention for a play off spot in the next few weeks, hopefully we will still pick up enough points to stay clear of trouble.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 pm

No Alexander due to illness, was in A&E the other day with it apparently.

Looked every inch a side struck down by illness, too lethargic during the first half and the start of the second. Kicked into life a bit when Keaghan came on but we lack a cutting edge. Todorov is full of effort but lacks the finishing touch if we’re aiming to be definite contenders for the play-offs come April. Can’t fault the players’ effort given what’s been going on off the pitch, but we were outclassed today.

I also find it incredible that we’ve had to depend on Gary Maley for a match in Scotland’s second tier. Good penalty save but was daft to give it away, thought he could’ve done better for the first two goals as well. Hopefully some of the players have perked up a bit come Tuesday, absolutely need to be beating Dumbarton off the back of this week’s games.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Unexpected result from Tannadice today.But guys we are still 15 points clear of Falkirk after this who are 9th after todays results.Would have bitten your hands off for us to be in this position art Christmas.A very merry christmass to all my fellow posters.We move on..LOL.T.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Can't agree that it was an unexpected result Troy, I totally expected it, as my prediction shows.

We are short of finishing power & prowess in the forwards & have done as well as we have so far thanks to defenders & midfielders chipping in with important goals. We can't rely on them to score the goals however, especially as we now seem to be reverting to long ball tactics rather than playing on the deck. Can't really understand that as we can play good stuff when we pass & move.

Dumbarton will be tough on Tuesday; they managed the same result as us against Falkirk so expect them to battle for everything.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Wasn't at the game but sounds like we were lacking in a goal threat up front and are still under the weather with the flu bug, also could do with an emergency loan for a keeper until Alexander is back fit.

Results all went against us in other games too, though was asking a bit much expecting Brechin to do us a favour against Dunfermline. All 4 of us on 26 points but we've still got some games in hand, really need to shake it off for Tues and get a win against Dumbarton, that would be a massive boost for us.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:14 pm

We need a serious back up goalie. I've been praying for Alexander's good health all season. Hope he recovers quickly. Maley is probably a perfectly nice guy but he looks overweight and unfit and wouldn't get a game for any team in this division or the two below come to that.
    Dundee United fully deserved the win though. We held our own until their first goal without actually looking like scoring. After that we made sporadic attacks but United were in control most of the time.
    With a home crowd of 6000+ and the difference in resources they have it's little wonder that we lost by three goals.
    Onwards and upwards to Dumbarton and hopefully a fully fit squad.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Totally agree we need a backup keeper. Big Maley is a gent but we can't rely on him to keep clean sheets when needed. Alexander has won us points by himself this season and I was racked with fear when I didn't see his name on the team sheet. Wouldn't mind Liam Kelly back on loan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm