The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
ianlivi
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
spiggle
djs9750
mozam76
Liviforever
Auld Nick
EdinburghLivi
13 posters

Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August Empty Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 pm

At last, a home game.

I read Ogleby had ankle ligament strains so I reckon he'll struggle to be back despite the impression given at the weekend that he might have even made the Hibs game. Sives will likely be back at centre-half with Gallagher. I actually thought Kyle had a very good game at right-back on Saturday and doesn't really deserve to be dropped for Keaghan. Will be interesting to see how McGlynn deals with them and Fordyce. I think Glen also played pretty good on Saturday so I'd like to see him up top with Myles, if possible, as White has made better impacts off the bench.

We've shown enough from what I've seen to be dealing with Cowdenbeath no bother but you have to give them credit for a decent draw against Falkirk, where they led twice. That said, I don't rate Falkirk that highly. Apparently they may have two loan signings in, possibly Dylan Easton.

Livi 2-0 Cowdenbeath. First Goal 31 mins.

Last edited by EdinburghLivi on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August Empty Re: Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:00 am

Home game, reasonable number of home ST holders, hardly any away fans...game will fall flat but there will be goals

Liv 2 Cow 2

FG 18 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 am

Home win, 4-1 Livi. FG 13 mins.

Gallagher to rip them from set pieces and score a hattrick.

I'm nothing if not optimistic.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Really hoping for a win here. Couple of reasons - after yet another week of off-field shenanigans, it would be good to end it with a wee bit positivity.

Two, because my son is mascot - he cannot wait for it, and is really looking forward to meeting his heroes (as am I). DJ in particular.

As far as results go - I'll say 3-2 Livi, first goal on 11 minutes.

Finger oot EL, get the Prediction League sorted!! Purely because this is the ONLY period that I'll be on top.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Hope it's a nice sunny day for him Mozam, and he enjoys himself. Also hope he's one of our lucky mascots and the team wins. cheers 
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Cheers mate - I see the forecast is for rain from four onwards - that's fine by me!

Aye, a win will top of what should be a cracking day.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Top off, even.
    djs9750

Post by djs9750 Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Live commentary on Radio Forth2 again for this game if anyone can't make it.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 pm

We need an early win and I can see us getting one here. 2-1 Livi. 1st goal 19 mins
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:27 pm

spiggle, my prediction was going to be the exact same as yours. I'm furious now.

Gonna say 2-1 Livi. FG 24 mins.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:38 pm

mozam76 wrote:Finger oot EL, get the Prediction League sorted!! Purely because this is the ONLY period that I'll be on top.
    Think it is sorted? Thread is at the top of this forum. Think you missed the cup games...
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:41 pm

I would love it if we pump them so much that their fans start heading off before the end of the first half, can't stand these lot.

Realistically, it will be a tough, physical game. They will have no intentions of playing football which is why I think Mullen should be dropped as he'll just get beaten off the ball easily from this mob. Better to put him on when they're tired and his pace will cause a lot of trouble.

Jamieson

Fordyce Sives Gallagher Talbot

Keaghan Kyle O'Brien McKenna

Glen White

Really looking forward to this one. 3-0 Lions victory, first goal in the 8th minute.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 pm

I'd go with that team if Ogleby is not fit (I prefer him to White). Going with 3 -1 win first goal 15 mins.. Think this is the first season we will have a fairly strong bench to bring on once all fit.
    Any word on Brad Donaldson?
    Really looking forward to this will pick up my Season Ticket and hopefully Cup ticket for Wednesday.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:22 pm

ianlivi wrote:I'd go with that team if Ogleby is not fit (I prefer him to White).

Looks like Ogleby will be out until mid-September. That team should be beating Cowden though, still got Hippolyte and Mullen on the bench who could come on against a tired defence and cause some problems.

Not sure what Cowden will be like, no Hemmings or Stewart but still managed to get a 2-2 draw with Falkirk, and apparently bringing in a couple more players before the game against us. Hopefully all the behind the scenes shenanigans won't affect how we play, should be beating these diddies either way. I'll go for 2-0 Livi, FG 20 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:50 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    ianlivi wrote:I'd go with that team if Ogleby is not fit (I prefer him to White).

Looks like Ogleby will be out until mid-September. That team should be beating Cowden though, still got Hippolyte and Mullen on the bench who could come on against a tired defence and cause some problems.

Not sure what Cowden will be like, no Hemmings or Stewart but still managed to get a 2-2 draw with Falkirk, and apparently bringing in a couple more players before the game against us. Hopefully all the behind the scenes shenanigans won't affect how we play, should be beating these diddies either way. I'll go for 2-0 Livi, FG 20 mins.

From what I've read Falkirk's defence is pretty poor. Despite us not defending some set pieces very well I think our defence is pretty solid, esp with Sives back in. RB is still a bit of a weak point though as we haven't a proper RB playing there with Donaldson out ill.

I like the look of Gallagher both in defence and at set pieces, he certainly gives us a threat from them.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Think we will win this quite comfortably.

White and Glen to score in a 3 nil win.

FG 19mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:02 pm

3 points in the bag and up the table we go.

Should've been comfortable after being 2-0 up but they hit the woodwork and then scored and made it a nervy ending. Kept thinking of last season, or was it the season before where Cowden scored in the dying minutes when we all but had the 3 points in the bag. Though tbh we did ok seeing out the game and even kept it up into the corner for the last few seconds.

Impressed by Talbot today, played really well in defence, and took a few knocks as he won the ball. Kyle too did well in the 2nd half getting down the wing to put balls into the box.

From what I've seen there's no reason we can't be pushing for 4th or 5th place, even the teams that will likely finish in the top 3 don't look that great. QoS must really fancy their chances of 3rd place and we've held our own against them in a cup game.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Relatively comfortable victory and good to get off the mark with some good possession and eventually an attacking threat when we were facing the wind. Think the wind fooled the goalie on the first who batted the cross off the post to Mullen who scored at the second attempt. Great goal from Jordan White after some near build-up from Gary Glen (who had a brilliant game, keeping the the ball very well) and I think Mullen. Don't think the wind helped much in the first-half and wasn't surprised to see us play better in the second.

Cowdenbeath had two good chances the whole game, one that hit the bar and the other you scored with down to a mix of smart play from Sutherland and rank defending from I think Fordyce. That said, we didn't have a lot more (enough to be comfortable, after the first goal) and credit has to go to Cowdenbeath's defenders who blocked very well all game.

Onwards and upwards, certainly an improvement on last week. I'll get the prediction league sorted asap. Almost had three points, #sob.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Enjoyed the game (first time I've seen the team this season) & like the look of some of the new guys.

DJ's kicking still needs work
    Defence was ok on the whole; slack marking for the goal & the one that hit the bar was a bad miss
    O'Brien & Keaghan ran the game well from the middle.
    McKenna did well on the whole & Glen was my MoM working tirelessly & selflessly.
    Mullen & White also put in decent shifts.

Thought we'd missed the chance at the opener with the 2 blocks before Mullen finally rattled it in.
    Great composure to round the keeper from White after great work from Keaghan & Glen to set up the chance.

Cowdenbeath weren't really up to much but set their stall out not to lose. Only real threats they provided hit the bar & went in for their goal.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:37 pm

By the way, what was McGlynn playing at, changing almost the whole defence at the end? Fair enough if you bring Sives on instead of Rutherford to deal with them firing long balls at us but surely stick Fordyce at left-back or even play three at centre-half and bring on Rutherford as well. Kyle Jacobs at left-back and Fordyce at right-back was incredibly stupid. If the game had gone on any longer, you'd have fancied Cowden to get another chance as we were so unorganised.

Crowd of 1147 today as well. Much better than it would have been last season so fair play on the season tickets!
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Thought we were dreadful in the first half - second half was much improved though and the early goal definitely helped. Defence looked solid throughout, and I thought both Jacobs were excellent. McKenna continues to impress considering the step up he's made - was willing on him to shoot in the second half when he cut in from the right, beating two guys in the process.

I really hope we improve though - we were up against a team who do nothing at Almondvale. It's great to see White and Glen do so much hard work outside the box, but I want to see more of a goalscoring threat inside as well.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Relieved more than satisfied after that performance today. Once they scored I was fearing the worst but we held out in the end. These are the games that we have to win in order to have a comfortable season without any fears of relegation or the play-offs.

First half, it was just the final ball that was letting us down. One home game in and already members of A3 were moaning because we were trying to build up play and keep possession, clearly the patience of those mentioned haven't gotten any better over the summer.

Second half was much better. Throughout the game Cowdenbeath were hopeless at the back and couldn't handle us when we were pushing men up the final third, had we done this in the first half then we would've had a more comfortable victory.

Overall, pass marks to everyone in the team, they done what they needed to do. Bit of tweaking in some areas and we should give Hearts a good game after the derby tomorrow.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Pity the DBM are so fixated with Dundee though; new tune today but the same tired old vitriol to a team not even in our division this season & probably not next season either.
    Therealbiko

Post by Therealbiko Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:24 pm

First half was poor fair, good start after the break and we look comfortable until the last 5 minutes. Liked Glenn's work rate, a valuable 3 points
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Thought second half we took the game to Cowdenbeath and liked the way we went two up front with White and Glen who linked up well for the second goal.

Thought that the two front men were excellent and their work rate was first class.

Also thought the ref got it wrong at their goal as from where I was sitting the ball looked to be out for a goal kick for us when they scored , but will have to wait to see the highlights to see if this was indeed the case.

Very good three points in our first home game and maybe we should look to be playing two up top more often , especially at home.

Onwards to Wednesday night and Im really looking forward to the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:25 am