Team for 2018-19

Share
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 pm

But in Orco & my case - great minds think alike.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Many a mickle make a muckle.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Maks a muckle I think it is

Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Alternative proverbs:

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it lay eggs

Never count you’re chickens before they’ve crossed the road

People in glass houses shouldn’t take their clothes off

Never put all your eggs in one omelette
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Alternative proverbs:

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it lay eggs

Never count you’re chickens before they’ve crossed the road


People in glass houses shouldn’t take their clothes off

Never put all your eggs in one omelette

That's a good one for England, their chickens just got run over by a Croatian car.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm

The usual patter from the media when even a sniff of an OF player being available, Kenny Miller should sign him up at Livi, but this one interests me. Michael Johnstone on loan from Celtic would be a great signing, if he isn't going to get a chance to break into the Celtic team this season he wants to be put out on loan to get regular game time. I think this would be up there with us getting Hardie on loan, hope it happens.
cptn_hooch
cptn_hooch

Posts : 164
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Carstairs

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by cptn_hooch on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Liviforever wrote:The usual patter from the media when even a sniff of an OF player being available, Kenny Miller should sign him up at Livi, but this one interests me. Michael Johnstone on loan from Celtic would be a great signing, if he isn't going to get a chance to break into the Celtic team this season he wants to be put out on loan to get regular game time. I think this would be up there with us getting Hardie on loan, hope it happens.

Not a bad shout, would give us cover in wide positions until at least Rafa is back....also the young lad aitchison looks a decent player at Celtic
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:38 am

I read we're trying to bring in a few loan players from England, and we'll have news on some signing quite soon.
avatar
forzalfc

Posts : 186
Join date : 2015-01-28

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by forzalfc on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:02 am

See on Twitter we've signed Sean McManus from Cowden, more of a player for the COLTS team though, I suspect.

No word on Pettigrew, Ogilvie or Sampson yet from what I've seen.
cptn_hooch
cptn_hooch

Posts : 164
Join date : 2014-09-15
Location : Carstairs

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by cptn_hooch on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Egli Kaja joins on loan from AFC Wimbledon. Winger or secondary striker....looks like he has a frightening turn of pace and a bit of skill....maybe lacks a finish going by the video on the OCS but looks exciting
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Sounds promising, we've been needing someone with a bit of pace.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Has a bit of strength too by the look of the video clips
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Durnford on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:05 am

See that both Jordan Pettigrew and Craig Henderson are off to Scottish Lowland League side Cumbernauld Colts on loan. Still no news on Sampson or Ogilvie thought?
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:56 am

On P&B that Sampson has left and signed for Penicuik and Ogilvie was on trial at Dunfermline.
Lothiangamer
Lothiangamer

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 51
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Lothiangamer on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:26 pm

I see Egli made the SPFL Team of the week.
1 last week and 1 this week. Let's hope we keep getting more additions.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 pm

Well done Egli. 1st game & in TotW. Could be an important player for us, certainly looked quick, strong & skilful
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:11 pm

More signings on the way. bounce

Callum Carson



@CallumCarson34
Follow
Follow @CallumCarson34

More
Sounds like there could be a few signings at Livingston before the Celtic game from what I'm told...
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Steven Lawless signs from Thistle
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:40 pm

Plenty of Premiership experience, hopefully decent at getting down the wing too. We were def short of wingers and now we've signed 2, another 2 signings still to come.
LiviLion
LiviLion

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by LiviLion on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:27 am

Heard Quitongo could be signing for either Dunfermline or Hearts, looks like we couldn't agree a fee.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Liviforever on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:58 am

He would've been good to have as an impact sub or even a start when needed, but isn't worth the risk of a big fee with his dodgy injury prone history.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Durnford on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Liviforever wrote:Plenty of Premiership experience, hopefully decent at getting down the wing too. We were def short of wingers and now we've signed 2, another 2 signings still to come.

For those that forgot he played number 11 for Partick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_wD39KKVW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlDRhtBI2Lc

Some reasonably good shooting but frankly his defending is a bit tragic (but then so were the rest of the team). Ran past Declan a few times though.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Now we have signed James Brown ( no not the dead dude ) on 6 months loan from Millwall. Very little in the blurb about him & the only thing I can find out is that he appears to be a 20 year old defender who played a dozen times on loan at Carlisle last season... if that is correct then I fail to see any benefit to us because he better be some player if he is getting in the team ahead of our current defenders & if he’s not getting a game ahead of them what’s the point of a 6 month loan deal?

All in all I’m finding this a strange one.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Durnford on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Now we have signed James Brown ( no not the dead dude ) on 6 months loan from Millwall. Very little in the blurb about him & the only thing I can find out is that he appears to be a 20 year old defender who played a dozen times on loan at Carlisle last season... if that is correct then I fail to see any benefit to us because he better be some player if he is getting in the team ahead of our current defenders & if he’s not getting a game ahead of them what’s the point of a 6 month loan deal?

All in all I’m finding this a strange one.

Not sure how many right backs we really need. No shortage of defenders that for sure.

Sponsored content

Re: Team for 2018-19

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:02 am