The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LiviLion
forzalfc
6 posters

Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

forzalfc

Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw Empty Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

Post by forzalfc Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:10 pm

With today's game postponed, both ourselves and Falkirk go into the Draw for the 5th round which will be held tomorrow. Torn between a big payday, or a decent away trip. Would rather the likes of Brora, Cove/ Formatine or Ayr United away, which are 'winnable', then a big payday if we make it to the next round.. Celtic or Huns away would be good.

Full list of teams we could get...

Aberdeen
    Albion Rovers/ St Johnstone
    Ayr Utd
    Brora Rangers
    Celtic
    Dundee/ Inverness CT
    Dundee Utd
    Fortmatine/ Cove
    Fraserburgh/ Rangers
    Greenock Morton
    Hearts/ Hibernian
    Kilmarnock
    Motherwell
    Partick Thistle
    Peterhead/ Dumbarton
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw Empty Re: Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

Post by LiviLion Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Fraserburgh away would be good when they get through...

Brora or Cove/Formartine would also be enjoyable, always hoping for one of the lesser teams before they're gone. Don't want Ayr though, they give me the fear for some reason, bit like Dumbarton.

If we somehow get past the 4th round we'll get the inevitable away tie to St Johnstone.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Formartine or Cove away! Hope we get past Falkirk, fancy that.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm genuinely skittery with excitement. Win on Tuesday and we're on the cusp of making this probably one of the most memorable seasons we've had since 2004. The original tie was always a great incentive to go through given Falkirk are in the same division as us, but now that we know who's up next potentially, we should be going hell for leather to get there.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:44 pm

HUGE game on Tuesday (if it wasn't already), win it and the perfect chance to make the QF's - when's the last time we got that far in the Scottish?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 pm

2004 when we got to the semi against Celtic, same again would be good.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

How many unhatched chickens are you guys counting?

Even if we do get past Falkirk - and that is a massive if because the exact same incentive to win is there for them - an away match at one of two pretty solid HL teams is no "gimme" - granted we should beat them but they will be well up for it & would have more chance of beating us than the Broch have of beating the Huns.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Wouldn't matter if we had 2 junior teams to play, you'd still say we were counting our chickens before they're hatched. Laughing
    Nobody is saying it'll be easy, but it is still a great draw and a chance to get to the quarters, if we get past Falkirk. Certainly a lot better than getting another Championship team or one of the Premiership ones.

Fwiw i'd take Aberdeen in the Quarter's if we can get there, then Celtic in the Semi's. Wink
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:06 pm

Liviforever wrote:Wouldn't matter if we had 2 junior teams to play, you'd still say we were counting our chickens before they're hatched. Laughing
    Nobody is saying it'll be easy, but it is still a great draw and a chance to get to the quarters, if we get past Falkirk. Certainly a lot better than getting another Championship team or one of the Premiership ones.

Fwiw i'd take Aberdeen in the Quarter's if we can get there, then Celtic in the Semi's. Wink

So who are we going to beat in the final?

Smile
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:How many unhatched chickens are you guys counting?

Even if we do get past Falkirk - and that is a massive if because the exact same incentive to win is there for them - an away match at one of two pretty solid HL teams is no "gimme" - granted we should beat them but they will be well up for it & would have more chance of beating us than the Broch have of beating the Huns.

Telt yiz... Never dismiss the opposition, no matter who they are, by speculating about who we will be playing/beating next, it only leaves you with egg on your face from those unhatched chickens.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 pm

Liviforever wrote:Wouldn't matter if we had 2 junior teams to play, you'd still say we were counting our chickens before they're hatched. Laughing

It's an irrelevant draw because we weren't in that round, all the focus needed to be on this game. And now that we are out it proves how irrelevant the draw was.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:How many unhatched chickens are you guys counting?

Telt yiz... Never dismiss the opposition, no matter who they are, by speculating about who we will be playing/beating next, it only leaves you with egg on your face from those unhatched chickens.

Yeah because Falkirk weren't saying the exact same thing as us when they saw the draw for the next round. Nobody said it was a certainty, but fully justifiable for both teams to be thinking they'd be in with a great chance if they get past this game.

No cup run for us then, looked like we were knackered for that injury time goal, we didn't chase after the ball at all as it went from one side of our box and back again, then in our net, sore one to take as it looked like we were heading for a replay, but you have to play to the final whistle. Was the opposite of our first cup game against them where we were by far the fitter team.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:10 am

Don't care what Falkirk were doing or saying, they are not my concern. What bothers me is when folk start saying stuff like "get through this & we're virtually in the quarters/semis/final" (delete as appropriate) cause it invariably blows up in OUR faces.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:12 am

Superstitious nonsense, do you carry a four leaf clover and miss all the cracks in the pavement when you're walking down to our games too? That reminds me, I forgot to wear my lucky football socks for this game, shit it's all my fault we lost.  Embarassed
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Funnily enough I'm the least superstitious person you will ever meet... But these things invariably blow up in our face. Why do you think the mantra of professionals is each game as it comes?

Now, where's my lucky rabbit's foot that I found in that black cat's mouth as I avoided walking under a ladder on Friday the 13th?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am