The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Hampden or Murrayfield?

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Hampden or Murrayfield? Empty Hampden or Murrayfield?

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:30 pm

With the SFA considering moving out of Hampden at the end of the current lease & moving in to shared accommodation with SRU at Murrayfield; what is the general feeling of you all?

FWIW & to misquote Kevin Keegan I would love it if they move to Murrayfield, love it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hampden or Murrayfield? Empty Re: Hampden or Murrayfield?

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Murrayfield is a better stadium and easier to get to for most people, the tram stops directly up from it and the Haymarket train station is a short walk with lots of pubs on the way to the ground too. Not sure what the Edin folk will think of having OF hordes pissing all over the place at cup finals though, the rugby fans are a friendlier bunch to deal with.

From a personal point of view it wont make much of a difference to me, club wise anyway, doubt we'll be at many semi or cup finals. It may tempt me along to Scotland games though, I've not been to one for decades but if it was 20 mins along the road I might be enticed.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 pm

I stopped going to internationals a few years ago because of Hampden. Getting out of the car parks after the game was a free for all and took ages. Inside you are either behind the goals and miles away from the action on down the side where nobody actually sits in the seats. I can't stand for too long and in any case nearly everybody was taller than me so I couldn't see. Not a fun way to watch a game.
    While Hampden was being refurbished I went to internationals at Ibrox, Parkhead and Rugby Park. The atmosphere was much better and you were close to the action.
    Moving round would be my choice. I've never been in the new Murrayfield so can't comment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content