The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Next 3 Home Games

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Next 3 Home Games Empty Next 3 Home Games

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Dunfermline-H

St Mirren-H

Dundee Utd-H

Great for the club having 3 home games in a row against 3 well supported clubs, should bring in decent gates for us. Playing wise it will be a stern test for us, we've got our new signings blending in well so i'm quite optimistic.

Pars
    I think we can beat Dunfermline, they were fortunate in our last home game and although we were well beaten in the away game it was more down to Hoppy starting the wrong defenders, we've a settled team now so that wont be a problem.

St Mirren
    This will be a tricky one, felt weird losing the first game at home after dominating the first half and them going down to 10 men actually helped them win, they sat in and scored from set pieces. Well beaten in the away game and it has been the hardest team we've played. Still think we can get something in this home game though, but it'll be tough, a draw would be a decent result here.

Utd
    I'd fancy us to get a win here if we played tomorrow, but in 3 weeks time they may have got their act together, still, I think we can get at least a draw and maybe even nick a win, that's based on the confidence from my own team just now without worrying too much how Utd are playing.

I'd take 5 points here but anything from 4 to 7 would be ok. Big 3 games and really looking forward to them.
    orco
    orco

Next 3 Home Games Empty Re: Next 3 Home Games

Post by orco Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Those three away games were the hardest we've played against.
    We scored first against at Mirren but you just knew it would be hard to hang on and so it transpired. And of course the ref gave them a penalty that never was too.

We didn't have Gallagher starting at the back in the away game at Dunfermline and we spooked ourselves with the gift of a goal to them due to a mix up between Alexander and Longridge very early on in the game.

Against Dundee United at Tannadice we had Maley in goals. Every time the ball went anywhere near him I got the collywobles. He did save a penalty but I think the players have confidence in Alexander and he keeps the defence right. But United played better than us that day. And I think the team as a whole were still recovering from the sickness bug.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 am

3 big games to stamp our authority on the playoff places...a good haul from here could see us making a nice gap between us and the chasing pack. At the start of the season, like most of us, I'd have been happy to be where Falkirk are now but I must say, I'd be pretty disappointed not to finish in the playoffs with the season we've had.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

If we play like we did for the first 70 minutes on Saturday, I'd fancy us to make it out of the next three with no defeats. This is a great opportunity to put some daylight between ourselves and mid table - as hooch says above, I'd have bit your hand off to be in Falkirk's position in July of last year, but given how we've performed so far, imploding now would be very disappointing.

Three defeats is the nightmare scenario, but we're more than capable of beating all three. Four points would be a good, and realistic return, IMO.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Dunfermline seem to be struggling to get a result just now... So the chance is there for us to exploit that. My rational mind says we should win; my glass half empty outlook says that they will turn their form around against us.

St Midden on the other hand seem to be flying, we have never beaten them at home so now would be the perfect time to do just that & a Hardie hat trick would be the cherry on the icing on the cake.
    A draw would be a good result.

Dundee United have done virtually nothing since pasting us up there. We gave them a chasing last time they visited & I'd love it if we could repeat it. I suspect a draw will be the outcome.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:25 am

Well this is going well, results have panned out the other way around with us drawing the Pars game and winning against the Saints, but adds up to what I thought we'd get, 4 points from those 2 games. Now we need at least a draw against Utd, but tbh I think we should win this one now and get 7 points from these 3 games, which would be bloody fantastic.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Maybe this should be merged with the I didn't see that coming thread. Laughing

At the start 4 to 7 points was what I went for, but I didn't really think we'd get a result against St Mirren, and wasn't sure we'd beat Utd either, so that was more in hope than expectation, thought 4 or 5 points would be the best we'd do. So 7 points is fantastic, only real blot on that is not beating Dunfermline too, they were the ones I was convinced we'd get the 3 points from, football eh, strange game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm