The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
Liviforever
Durnford
LiviLion
cptn_hooch
Smithy
Afro
Auld Nick
orco
LiviCub
ianlivi
Lexi Collector
17 posters

The ex-Lions thread

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

The ex-Lions thread  Empty The ex-Lions thread

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Similar to the thread on Livilions, with regards to how former Livi players are doing.

McNulty (Sheff U) scored the winner against Mansfield in the Carling Cup tonight.
    ianlivi

The ex-Lions thread  Empty Re: The ex-Lions thread

Post by ianlivi Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 am

Also read Kyle Lander is going on loan to Cowdenbeath. May be playing against us Saturday?
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:46 am

I didn't rate Lander that highly when he played for us. I don't think we're particularly missing out unless he really fills out. By all accounts, his agent is a shyster as well after the shenanigans last season. I heard it was Dylan Easton coming though.

Delighted for Sparky. Really nice guy whenever I've spoke to him and I've no doubt he'll work hard and be a success down there.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 pm

As soon as Lander scored on his debut, he was given a run in the side when Burke was in charge. Other than that and scoring for the reserves, he didn't really do much else. Someone posted on Livi Lions that him, Conor McDonald and another player (Scott Wilson, I think) questioned McGlynn as to why they weren't getting any game time. In my eyes, this just looked like they were influenced from their agent to find an excuse to get themselves out of the club and go somewhere 'better'. Only time will tell if letting Lander go was a good decision.

Releasing Easton was a mistake though. Ironic that Hughes was wanting to bring up the youth players yet as soon as someone challenged him, they were out the door. He's done well to start again from the bottom at Berwick and within a couple of seasons, be within touching distance of the first team at St Johnstone. He could easily have filled the space created when Scougall was sold.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Russell did well in the youth team but didn't make it in the first team and went to Cowden, not seen him having much of an impact there either as a goal scorer. Lander seemed to be second choice to Mullen at Livi.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Liviforever wrote:Russell did well in the youth team but didn't make it in the first team and went to Cowden, not seen him having much of an impact there either as a goal scorer. Lander seemed to be second choice to Mullen at Livi.

Russell is now at Berwick. Colin Cameron took him when he was appointed manager. Looking at his stats, he played 16 games and didn't score once and their fans didn't rate him at all while he was there.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:39 am

Russell never did impress me at Livi. I think he was one of those lads who developed physically quite early and shone while others in his age group were catching up.

Getting rid of Easton was a big mistake. I heard it was disciplinary problems when Hughes and Collins were in charge. I think it would have been worth persevering.

I would have persisted with Lander. He is still very young. I think there was potential there.

Very pleased for Sparky. He always made time to respond if you ever approached him.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Never met McNulty myself, but only heard really nice things about the fella. Hopefully he has a cracking season, moved to England at the right time and signed for a big club. Chipped in well up here as well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:00 am

Rory Boulding has signed for Falkirk.

He's had some bone shaved off his hip and is hoping to resurrect his career with Falkirk.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Gallagher will have him in his back pocket when it comes to playing them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Someone will have to have Loy well marked too.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:02 pm

I'm sure Falkirk only play one up front and if it isn't Loy, he's usually punted on the wing. Falkirk have sold McGrandles too so that's one less key player to worry about. Can't believe they got £1 million for him as well.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:37 pm

What has happened to Scouggs, seems to have dropped out at Sheff U, is he injured?
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Can only think he's injured as Clough started him for the majority games after he joined. Done a quick google search and it suggests that he's been injured.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:38 am

Marc McNulty scored for Sheffield United today
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:41 am

What was that all about with Jimmy Scott, when he scored he ran along the West stand touch line with his fist pumping along in front of his stomach. Surprised he didn't get booked for it as Russell got a yellow for less at Dumbarton when he was with us. Scott never got anything but good wishes from our fans so disappointing to see him behave like that.

Must be something about going to Raith that turns ex Livi players into arses.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Martin Scott is a jakey twat. Never thought he was a particularly good player and just behaved like a general arsehole. Dunno who he thought he was kneeing keepy-uppies acorss the touchline at one point. Can't remember who it was (McKenna?) just went right through him at that point - was so glad to see that.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 pm

And tbf, can't blame some of them for being bitter arseholes. Can't be easy being rejected from the Amber Machine and ending up at Raif.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:46 am

Liviforever wrote:What was that all about with Jimmy Scott, when he scored he ran along the West stand touch line with his fist pumping along in front of his stomach. Surprised he didn't get booked for it as Russell got a yellow for less at Dumbarton when he was with us. Scott never got anything but good wishes from our fans so disappointing to see him behave like that.

From where I was sitting, it looked as though it was aimed more at McGlynn than the fans.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Can't blame McGlynn for letting him go. He's a fucking terrible football player.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:30 pm

LiviCub wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:What was that all about with Jimmy Scott, when he scored he ran along the West stand touch line with his fist pumping along in front of his stomach. Surprised he didn't get booked for it as Russell got a yellow for less at Dumbarton when he was with us. Scott never got anything but good wishes from our fans so disappointing to see him behave like that.

From where I was sitting, it looked as though it was aimed more at McGlynn than the fans.

Yeah I think you're right. A Raith fan posted a clip of his goal and celebration on P&B and you can see he runs straight over to McGlynn to start punching his arm, then over to the away dugout. Obv must be hurting that we let him go, but imo you shouldn't burn bridges as football at this level is a small field of profession and managers tend to move around a lot. You never know when something like that could come back on you.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 pm

Aye & Scouggs was back in the team...but they got horsed 5-2
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Aye & Scouggs was back in the team...but they got horsed 5-2

McNulty got one of their goals though so good to see he's scoring for them.

Cup game for the Blades tonight too, hopefully we both get a result to progress to the next round.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:48 am

Tony Andreu with another 2 goals for Hamilton as well as a clean sheet for Jesus Garcia Tena. It breaks my heart that we no longer have them playing for us, both are too good for Scottish football though.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:03 am

Absolutely criminal that we didn't give him a new deal at the start of the Burke season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm