livi v Brechin

orco

Re: livi v Brechin

Post by orco on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:34 am

Apparently Iain Vigurs of Caley Thistle is suspended for the next two games. He is one of the key Caley players.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 am

Referees:

Ladbrokes Championship - Saturday
Dumbarton v Falkirk - Stephen Finnie
Inverness CT v Dunfermline Athletic - Steven McLean
Livingston v Brechin City - Steven Reid
Queen of the South v Dundee United - Alan Newlands
St Mirren v Morton - Bobby Madden

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 am

orco wrote:Apparently Iain Vigurs of Caley Thistle is suspended for the next two games. He is one of the key Caley players.

Would be interested to know what he's been suspended for; he doesn't appear to have been booked recently and two matches implies a serious misdemeanour (red card or points tally)?

OUTSTANDING SUSPENSIONS - SPFL – SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP

31/03/2018 127004 - SAMUEL STANTON (DUNDEE UNITED F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH FROM 14/04/2018
31/03/2018 300025 - CARL PHILIP TREMARCO (INVERNESS CALE/THISTLE F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH FROM 14/04/2018
31/03/2018 42161 - SEAN-PAUL CRIGHTON (BRECHIN CITY F.C.) 1 FIRST TEAM MATCHES IMMEDIATE
31/03/2018 138504 - COLL DONALDSON (INVERNESS CALE THISTLE F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH FROM 14/04/2018
31/03/2018 452925 - CHARLIE TRAFFORD (INVERNESS CALE/THISTLE F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH FROM 14/04/2018
06/04/2018 PAUL MCLEAN (BRECHIN CITY F.C.) 1 FIRST TEAM MATCHES IMMEDIATE
07/04/2018 34085 - IAIN VIGURS (INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE F.C.) 2 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCHES FROM 21/04/2018
07/04/2018 114013 - LIAM DICK (DUMBARTON F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH FROM 21/04/2018
09/04/2018 461633 - ARCHIE THOMAS (DUNDEE UNITED F.C.) 1 SPFL DEVELOPMENT MATCH IMMEDIATE
10/04/2018 102489 - STEPHEN MCGINN (ST. MIRREN F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH FROM 24/04/2018
10/04/2018 113742 - TOM WALSH (DUMBARTON F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH FROM 24/04/2018
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:51 am

As much as I want Hopkin to continue with his approach of taking on each game as it comes, we really should be resting up players for Inverness. I have every confidence that we'll get the three points tomorrow and even more confident of three points on Tuesday with a fresh squad, particualrly our midfield:

Alexander

Gallagher Halkett Lithgow

Mullin Jacobs Thompson Robinson Cadden

Miller Hardie

Get the goals in early, give Miller and Hardie a rest as soon as we're comfortable and the rest will take care of itself.

Livingston 2. Brechin 0. FG 15 mins.
orco

Post by orco on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 am

Durnford wrote:
orco wrote:Apparently Iain Vigurs of Caley Thistle is suspended for the next two games. He is one of the key Caley players.

Would be interested to know what he's been suspended for; he doesn't appear to have been booked recently and two matches implies a serious misdemeanour (red card or points tally)?

I am presuming this is the second time he has accumulated the points tally thus a two game instead of a one game ban but I don't know if that's how it works.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 pm

LiviCub wrote:As much as I want Hopkin to continue with his approach of taking on each game as it comes, we really should be resting up players for Inverness. I have every confidence that we'll get the three points tomorrow and even more confident of three points on Tuesday with a fresh squad, particualrly our midfield:

Alexander

Gallagher Halkett Lithgow

Mullin Jacobs Thompson Robinson Cadden

Miller Hardie

Get the goals in early, give Miller and Hardie a rest as soon as we're comfortable and the rest will take care of itself.

Livingston 2. Brechin 0. FG 15 mins.

I'd be reluctant to rest Byrne at the moment although I can see the justification for Pittman. I would also be tempted to start with McMillan and Longridge ahead of Mullin and Cadden although all could benefit from some regular game time.

I think Frizzell is a significantly better option than Thompson but then again we are playing Brechin.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:07 pm

This week has dragged in, feels like an eternity since the St Mirren game now. Maybe because this weekend could see us secure 2nd place if everything goes our way, and I am desperate to just get on with it. Just hope our players are as psyched up and we blow Brechin away right from the start. bounce

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Liviforever wrote:This week has dragged in, feels like an eternity since the St Mirren game now. Maybe because this weekend could see us secure 2nd place if everything goes our way, and I am desperate to just get on with it. Just hope our players are as psyched up and we blow Brechin away right from the start. bounce

It's weird isn't it; nine month ago we wouldn't have believed we could be in this position and now we're so close to promotion we can taste it.

Troy

Post by Troy on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Yep.As Durnford says we can virtually taste it.My only hope for tommorow is that we are totally profesional and show no mercy here against a team with nothing to lose whatsoever with the exception of getting their first win of the season against us.Its a crucial game for us and while ruthless agression could be the order of the day here we have to be carefull of any bookings or injuries which could count against us in the playoffs.In any case im confident the Lions will get a favourable result here that will set us up for a massive game on Teusday against an in form Caley side.Its our time Livi.Lets do it!!!
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Afro

Post by Afro on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 pm

2-0 Livi, FG 34 mins.

Let’s do this.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Nice little 3-0 to boost my prediction league points, however we made hard work of it until we scored.

At half time I was fearing the old parked bus was going to prolong our chase for second place but credit to team for keeping at it & eventually running out comfortable winners & securing second place.

Magic substitutions from Hoppy again as first Mullin delivered a superb cross for Pittman to dive in & head it home. Until that went in I had visions of it ending goalless. Then Longridge with a composed finish after good play & a fine pass from Hardie. The 3rd was just a sublime piece of quality finishing from Hardie but he needed it after drawing blanks recently.

Noticed Halkett celebrating when he got the news we were confirmed in second place. Good to see.

Caley looked like they were going to put the squeeze on the Pars but a very late equaliser keeps Dunfermline in the driving seat for the final play off spot.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:25 am

Can't wait to see that Hardie strike again, the kind of goal you score on FIFA.

Tbh, if losing to Inverness on Tuesday means they'll replace Dunfermline in the play-offs I'd be all for a bit of match-fixing. Dunfermline don't have a great record against Dundee United anyway so it's likely we'll have United in the semi-final. What a season this has been.

Would be absolutely brilliant if we could get promoted, not just for the obvious reasons, but would also give me a reason to try and dig out stats on how many players have played for the same club in every division (would be Jacobs and De Vita for us).
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:36 am

First half was a lot of huffing and puffing with a lot of high balls into their box, which Brechin were defending well, and a lot of time wasting by Brechin  too. We desperately needed someone to start hitting the byeline.

2nd half was immediately better, we were showing a lot more purpose in our attacks, but it took Mullin coming on and finally hitting the byeline to whip in a cross, and Pittman getting on the end of it. Once that first goal went in though we had it in the bag.

Another sub and another goal, excellent work by Hardie setting it up and well stuck away by Longridge.

Hardie deserved the 3rd goal, it will keep his confidence up as well, he'll be a big player for us in the play offs.

Nice of Queens sticking 3 past Utd too, we can all relax now and enjoy our last 2 games knowing 2nd place is ours. Really looking forward to our semi final games, well done to Hoppy and the players, fantastic achievement getting 2nd place, lets keep it going and win those play offs. cheers .
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:46 am

LiviLion wrote:Can't wait to see that Hardie strike again, the kind of goal you score on FIFA.

Tbh, if losing to Inverness on Tuesday means they'll replace Dunfermline in the play-offs I'd be all for a bit of match-fixing. Dunfermline don't have a great record against Dundee United anyway so it's likely we'll have United in the semi-final. What a season this has been.

Would be absolutely brilliant if we could get promoted, not just for the obvious reasons, but would also give me a reason to try and dig out stats on how many players have played for the same club in every division (would be Jacobs and De Vita for us).

Liviboy has the goals in his Vlog, good camera work too. He used to be all over the place filming the sky when we scored, but he's got it cracked now. Laughing

Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:50 am

Just checked and RogerThatProductions has the highlights up now too, filmed from the roof by the looks of it. https://vimeo.com/265921079

Troy

Post by Troy on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:36 am

On a wonderfully warm day with not a snowflake in sight you could feel the relief from the stand when that first goal went in.Three well taken goals with Pitts goal the pick for me,great cross and perfectly finished too and brave to put his head where others might not have.Dundee Utd scout sitting next to me reckons we have a great chance of going up but im not being suckerred into that.Hope all the ladies had a terrific Ladies day and would be great to see some of back one day.All in all a good days work from Hoppy and the lads,lets keep it going and see how far it takes us.You never know!
orco

Post by orco on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 am

A very dull, frustrating first half not helped by a weak referee who seemed scared to make a decision. Things livened up in the second half but I didn't actually breathe a sigh of relief until that third goal went in. And what a goal it was too. I think young Hardie has a good career ahead of him.
Now two games to relax and enjoy before the play off semis.
It's been some season and it's not finished yet. I can't thank the players, the manager and the backroom staff enough for the hard work and superb attitude shown. Best season since 2001/2002. cheers
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Troy wrote:On a wonderfully warm day with not a snowflake in sight you could feel the relief from the stand when that first goal went in.Three well taken goals with Pitts goal the pick for me,great cross and perfectly finished too and brave to put his head where others might not have.Dundee Utd scout sitting next to me reckons we have a great chance of going up but im not being suckerred into that.Hope all the ladies had a terrific Ladies day and would be great to see some of back one day.All in all a good days work from Hoppy and the lads,lets keep it going and see how far it takes us.You never know!

I thought you were going to recite a Dickens type post there Troy, or perhaps in my head my version is more Morecambe and Wise, 'a wonderful warm day with not a snowflake in sight, you could feel the relief from the stands mixed with the faint aroma of ..............'  sorry, i've a mind like a gutter. lol!  

Our history reads like a Dickens story though, it was the worst of times, it was the best of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.................

However the last 2 seasons have been like a breath of fresh air, if ever a group of fans deserved a couple of seasons like this it is us, for all we've gone through, admins, relegations, a double demotion, points deductions, transfer embargos, fines, court cases, crazy owners trying to ruin our beloved club, the list is endless. To at last see some light, a ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds, Hoppy, the players, and everyone involved behind the scenes, what an incredible job they've done turning around our fortunes from just two seasons ago.

It feels like we should be just keeping this in our heads and not saying it out loud, but it would just be the icing on our incredible season winning promotion through the play offs. I keep having to pinch myself to see if this is all a dream, it just seems so crazy that we've finished 2nd in the Championship and could actually get into the Premiership too.

Whatever happens, it has been a season i'll never forget, and a group of players who are right up there with the squad that finished 3rd in the old SPL getting us into Europe, I really hope they win promotion, it would be a just reward for all their efforts this season. Mon the Livi Lions, go do yourself justice and win these play offs. cheers

Think I got a bit carried away writing that post Laughing  but feck it, lets do this. bounce

Troy

Post by Troy on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Seem to recall from my school days many moons ago L/F that one of the many masterpieces from Charles Dickens was entitled Great Expectations.So indeed why shouldnt we be allowed to dream of something none of us foreseen at the start of the season.We have it in our own hands to do something very special here and i for one are trully greatfull to these lads for getting us in this position.Oh and as Bertie once told me stop apologising L/F.it must be catching on.T. study Laughing
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:56 pm

LiviLion wrote:Can't wait to see that Hardie strike again, the kind of goal you score on FIFA.

Lying down to Caley will only oust Dunfermline if the Pars lose to Dumbarton & Caley win their last game too. Late goal for Dunfermline yesterday was massive.

And what the Dickens are LF & Troy going on about?
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times but now it's the best time since winning the League Cup.

Also, good to see the goals again but we got away with a handball by Mullin in the build up to the opener. I thought so at the time & video confirms it. But we deserved to get away with something after the amount of wrong decisions given against us this season. Even yesterday, I think at 0-0, Pittman was fouled on the edge of the box, possibly just inside it, but we got nothing.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Reflect upon you present blessings of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes; of which all men have some.

Evidently Dickins was a Livi Supporter (or would have been had he been alive today)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:14 am