The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LiviCub
Durnford
Liviforever
Auld Nick
Troy
9 posters

Livi v Inverness.Teusday.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Inverness.Teusday. - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Inverness.Teusday.

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Yeah we played it through midfield more than we usually do, but when we got up to their box our final pass let us down a few times. Wasn't really any point playing our normal direct style with only Hardie up front with a bit of height, our midfield was quite small.

It looks better playing it like that but the way we've played has gotten us 2nd place so it works, accurate long ball played quickly and directly up the pitch causes opposition teams problems, doing it all game gets us goals and wins us games. I wouldn't change it now when we've got to the play offs doing it. Shows we've got good ball players though and we win a lot of 2nd balls further up the pitch then pass it around too, but all anyone else seems to notice is the first stage of our game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Thought it was a decent enough performance from the Lions last night.In fact felt a wee bit dissapointed that we didnt get anything from the game but we missed one or two glorious chances to score and of course with resting so many players obviously had an effect on the result imo.Once again the stand side linesman had an absolute mare right in front of me but as ive said before we should come to expct nothing less from incompitant arses like him.Just ask David Hopkin and Orco.Incidently Pars fans on P&B going paraniod with us about the team we put out last as if they wouldnt have done the same.I really hope we meet them in the playoffs and get it right up them.We are due them an absolute tanking.Make it so Livi!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 pm

Durnford wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:Josh Mullin played himself into contention for the games coming up. If he starts on Saturday and puts in a good performance, I don't see why Hopkin shouldn't seriously consider him for the semi-finals.

Agreed - I thought Josh played well although he could have shown a bit more composure in front of goal. Hardie also had three of four good chances which, on another day, he would have buried.

I also thought McMillan did pretty well; difficult to see from wher I was but can someone confirm it was him with the Lithgow-esk  long throw?

Buchanan didn't appear as composed playing on the right side as he has been playing on the left. He did okay but with ICT's powder-puff attack its difficult to be categorical.

Longridge was okay but seemed unsure as to what position he was meant to be playing; whether as a winger or a wing-back or a fullback. To be honest it didn't appear the the guys had spent much time checking out the formation before the game.

Robinson was another one whose actual intended position was difficult to gauge; drifting from midfield to the wing to attack and then turning up in defence.

De Vita played well but really needed some luck with his shots at goal.

Buchanan was playing on the left side of Gallagher with McMillan on the right.
    Gallagher tried the long throws until Halkett came on then it was him. McMillan may have taken one in the first half but faked it & threw it short, got it back & crossed it.

Agree with Orco tha we had a decent penalty shout but the officials were up to their usual standard. There really must be a production line of imbeciles & nincompoops being fast tracked into match officials. Or maybe they are on a bonus from their sponsors for making us all think of the sponsors slogan whenever they make an obviously wrong decision.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:06 pm

I meant Buchanan was on the left rather than right - I was making the rookie mistake of how it looked to me.

You'll have to excuse me; my back is murder at the moment and pain killers weren't cutting it, Islay however is better but forces you to talk sh1te
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:01 pm

You some of the Polish pain killers I had today. I took 1 & a thumping headache was gone in 5 minutes; had me feeling a bit woozy after 10.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content