The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Player of The Year Awards

Poll

Livi Player of The Year

[ 0 ]
    Player of The Year Awards Bar_left0%Player of The Year Awards Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Player of The Year Awards Bar_left50%Player of The Year Awards Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Player of The Year Awards Bar_left50%Player of The Year Awards Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Player of The Year Awards Empty Player of The Year Awards

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Wonder when we're having them, suppose we would have to wait to see if we got to the final's or just put it down for the Saturday after the last play off game anyway just to be safe.
    Anyhoo, who do you reckon should be voted our PoTY, a few candidates this season, everyone has been outstanding but 4 or 5 maybe stick out above the rest.

Alexander: Not just for his goal keeping, his organization of our defence and the confidence he gives them playing in front of him, he's been absolutely brilliant.

Halkett: Mr reliable, rarely has a bad game, or even makes a mistake, so solid and calm in defence, what a player he's been for us. Knocked in 8 goals for us this season too.

Lithgow: Most improved player for us this season, solid as a rock in defence and his distribution and long throw ins are worth an extra point or two, he's also scored a few goals, oustanding player.

Pittman: One half of our midfield dynamos, never stops running and the job he does breaking up play and pressuring the ball back is just incredible, popped up and scored the goal that got our party started against Brechin too. Top player for Livi.

Byrne: The other haf of our midfield duo and just as incredible with his workrate closing down players and breaking up play, just like Pitts, he goes quietly about his job but certainly isn't unnoticed, cracking player for us.

Special mention to Hardie for the work rate and goals he's scored, an on loan player but totally committed to playing for our team, deserves a half season award if we had one. Or perhaps give him our YPoTY, he's only just turned 21 and i can't think of anyone more deserving in that age bracket.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Player of The Year Awards Empty Re: Player of The Year Awards

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Or maybe Mackin deserves our YPoTY right enough, he bugs the shit out of me with his slow lumbering playing style but he's joint top goal scorer with Halkett and Hardie and has had less game time than both of them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:51 pm

It has to be about more than scoring for PotY & YPotY though.

I would agree with your nominations in your original post.

I would give it to Lithgow on the basis that he has greatly exceeded expectations; the others have arguably exceeded expectations too but not by as much as Big Al.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 am

Lithgow for PotY. Halkett for YPotY.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 21, 2018 8:28 am

Can anyone tell me who won the awards?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon May 21, 2018 8:46 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Can anyone tell me who won the awards?

If you can find someone who was there and who's sobered yet then, yes, probably.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 21, 2018 10:33 am

TBH they should just award a whole team of the year award this season and not bother with individual ones, after the performance in the play offs how can you just award one player for getting us back to the Premiership, the whole lot of them got us there, they're all deserving of a team award.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am

Halkett got poty and young poty. Also got the player's poty. I think Lithgow got the director's poty.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks Orco.

Yeah, not a bad shout LF - that said, really couldn’t separate the magical duo of Halkett & Lithgow so can’t grumble at the awards.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 pm

I believe Hardy got the LLSC YPotY

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm