The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Afro
cptn_hooch
Troy
orco
Durnford
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Liviforever
12 posters

Who Will Be Our New Manager?

orco
    orco

Who Will Be Our New Manager? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who Will Be Our New Manager?

Post by orco Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:58 pm

I'm starting to get resigned to another week of no news on the manager front. Rolling Eyes
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:13 pm

orco wrote:I'm starting to get resigned to another week of no news on the manager front. Rolling Eyes

There was an article that mentioned the rubber stamp getting done today with a view to announce on thursday
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:23 pm

cptn_hooch wrote:
    orco wrote:I'm starting to get resigned to another week of no news on the manager front. Rolling Eyes

There was an article that mentioned the rubber stamp getting done today with a view to announce on thursday

Talks still ongoing and not a definite he's our new manager. Starting to think the talks will break down, probably about wages or us not wanting him to give himself a start every week regardless of the circumstances, meaning we crawl over to Gary Holt who could well tell us to do one, then we're left in a bit of a hole.

Generally though I think if it did come to that we would still be able to get Holt, if Miller doesn't really want it I hope we're not trying to tempt him by giving in to higher wage demands.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:52 pm

He either wants it or he doesn't imo. No room for egos at Livi.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Absolutely right Orco
    P60NGO
    P60NGO

Post by P60NGO Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:37 am

New to football chat but surely IF this is his first management roll ( Miller ) he cannot walk in demanding big money with no experience, fair enough he may play a game or two but this is surely really about him STARTING out on his management career not continuing his playing career.

As I said I know very little about the dark art off football but supporting my local team Smile

P60NGO
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:34 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    cptn_hooch wrote:

Talks still ongoing and not a definite he's our new manager. Starting to think the talks will break down, probably about wages or us not wanting him to give himself a start every week regardless of the circumstances, meaning we crawl over to Gary Holt who could well tell us to do one, then we're left in a bit of a hole.

Generally though I think if it did come to that we would still be able to get Holt, if Miller doesn't really want it I hope we're not trying to tempt him by giving in to higher wage demands.

If Miller's application gets rejected then we move to the next on the list, I wouldn't put that as 'crawling over', that's how interviews go in general. All anything managerial wise is being based on is the Daily Record, Livi are going about their business and will get the position filled when and how is best for them. In any case we shouldn't be begging anyone to come manage us in the top flight, it's a prestigious position for a manager. There will be plenty wanting it, just up to us who's suitable for the job.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:52 pm

I had heard from a colleague who knows someone at the club & that someone had told him... that we wouldn’t be getting Hardie if Miller became boss. Which, if true, now suggests we won’t be getting Miller. The claim was that Miller, as had been reported, wanted to be 1st choice centre forward.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:48 pm

You know im all of a sudden feeling a wee bit sceptical of this whole farcical merrygoround as are many other Livi fans.I for one would hate to think that Miller has us over a barrel here and that the club are willing to bend the knee to satisfy his obvious demands.Personnally if it means putting us in debt id tell him to go and take a running jump.Of course it will all possibly come out tommorow in a blaze of publicity and him telling us he always wanted to be here.Bollocks,if he had been that keen he would have been here weeks ago and got to know the club and the squad without putting us through all this polava.Il say this now and will probably say again,hes already alianated some of the support and hes not even here yet.On a slightly more positive note to end with ,good luck to him if he gets the gig i reckon hes gonna need every ounce of it.Still frustrated!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Jeezo, some speculation and hearsay stories going about here.

I've every faith the club will appoint the best candidate, and wont be compromising for anyone. Folk are just getting frustrated and jumping to their own conclusion/making shit up now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 pm

Aye, it’ll all come out in the wash.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:38 pm

But in the meantime, still nae manager. Rolling Eyes
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:07 pm

His deadline is today and it sounds like he won't be taking it. Fair enough and we'll move on, Holt it is then (hopefully).
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:26 pm

LiviLion wrote:His deadline is today and it sounds like he won't be taking it. Fair enough and we'll move on, Holt it is then (hopefully).

Where you hearing he won't take it?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:07 pm

cptn_hooch wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:His deadline is today and it sounds like he won't be taking it. Fair enough and we'll move on, Holt it is then (hopefully).

Where you hearing he won't take it?

I've probably jumped to the wrong conclusion tbh, someone asked Callum Carson if there was going to be any news today, even if just to say Miller hasn't accepted, to which he replied "That's definitely the impression I've been given...".

My first thought was that he was saying he got the impression it wasn't going to be accepted, but he could have just meant in general that there will be some news.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:40 pm

For the sake of some of our fans health I hope today is def the deadline, one way or the other. Otherwise there may be some spontaneous human combustion on P&B tonight. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:40 pm

Press conference called for tomorrow at 2pm

Presumably it will be the great unveiling... so will it be in no particular order...

1. Miller confirmed in the job?
    2. Miller confirmed as having been ditched?
    3. Holt confirmed in the job because of 2?
    4. Hoppy u-turn after finding out nobody else wanted him enough to wait?
    italion

Post by italion Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 pm

Sky Sports confirms it is Miller.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:35 pm

John Hartson leaves the club. Take it he isn't Miller's biggest fan?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:46 pm

You would think Miller might have his own ideas on coaching forwards.

Still have to say I’m not overly keen on this but then I was the same when Hoppy was appointed.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:09 am

It was announced on the news earlier on that Miller had taken the job, you were all a bit slow on the uptake with this story. I'm just in from a night out so hadn't checked to see what was being said.

Player wise I think he's a good signing, time will tell how it works out managerial wise.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:51 am

LiviLion wrote:John Hartson leaves the club. Take it he isn't Miller's biggest fan?

I think that might have happened regardless of who got the job. Makes sense that we won't have a designated striker coach when our manager is an experienced striker himself. Thanks to big John for his work last season but I don't know if he'll pursue the coaching thing or stick with punditry. Time will tell.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:50 am

Liviforever wrote:It was announced on the news earlier on that Miller had taken the job, you were all a bit slow on the uptake with this story. I'm just in from a night out so hadn't checked to see what was being said.

Player wise I think he's a good signing, time will tell how it works out managerial wise.

What? And you didn’t share it when you heard it? I only posted about the press conference set for today when I saw it on the OCS... having worked until 7pm I hadn’t seen any news reports. So it may have been a bit behind the times for you but it was breaking news for me. Razz Razz Razz
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:18 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:It was announced on the news earlier on that Miller had taken the job, you were all a bit slow on the uptake with this story. I'm just in from a night out so hadn't checked to see what was being said.

What? And you didn’t share it when you heard it? I only posted about the press conference set for today when I saw it on the OCS... having worked until 7pm I hadn’t seen any news reports. So it may have been a bit behind the times for you but it was breaking news for me.  Razz Razz Razz

Laughing

Even bigger worst kept secret than Hardie's signing and the OS is still trying to be mysterious over what the big announcement is in their press conference. Would be FAF if it isn't Kenny Miller now and someone else is announced as our manager. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Im just glad its been put to bed.The endless waiting has been excruciating to say in the least.Will be interesting to hear what he has to say at the press conference.I know a lot of us were unhappy at this appointment and i must say i have my reservations on thiis.Howeveve im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and will therefore be behind him 100%.Ifeel hes gonna have to win over a section of the Livi support and in that respect i wish him well,might take time but im hopefull that he can do it.Hes got a great bunch of boys to work with and i hope he utilisies them to their strentghs without tinkering about with them.Any ways welcome Kenny and every succsess for the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am