The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Durnford
LiviLion
forzalfc
7 posters

Pre-season Friendlies

forzalfc

Pre-season Friendlies Empty Pre-season Friendlies

Post by forzalfc Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:50 pm

So far all we've announced is an away game to Queens on the 6th July - I'd expect another 2 or 3 fixtures to be added to this, as our warm-up for the League Cup.

A nice wee away trip on Saturday 30th would be good Very Happy
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Pre-season Friendlies Empty Re: Pre-season Friendlies

Post by LiviLion Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Away to Exeter/Plymouth/Torquay please. Need my Livi fix and I'll be missing everything until Kilmarnock at home.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:37 pm

LiviLion wrote:Away to Exeter/Plymouth/Torquay please. Need my Livi fix and I'll be missing everything until Kilmarnock at home.

Exeter would get my vote
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Durnford wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:Away to Exeter/Plymouth/Torquay please. Need my Livi fix and I'll be missing everything until Kilmarnock at home.

Exeter would get my vote

Mine too, 10 minute walk from the stadium where I am and plenty decent pubs along the way.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Surprised we've still heard nothing about this - a lot of teams have already played friendlies and we only know about the Queens game
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:28 pm

And still no word on a manager. Shocked
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:54 pm

orco wrote:And still no word on a manager. Shocked

I read last week it was being announced on Monday. I wont be holding my breath waiting on it though. Laughing

Don't know when the pitch is going to be ready, so we may be playing pre season games away from home. Can remember playing some at Bathgate Thistle's Creamery Park one pre season, think it was when M*****e was in charge.

Would imagine we'll want to have at least 3 games played before the Betfred cup games start, they're also good preparation for our league campaign, gives us a few competitive games to fine tune things. Would be good if we could get through the group stages again though, I enjoyed our wee cup run last season, and we were unlucky against Hibs with refereeing decisions knackering us.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:45 pm

I had a wee look at the pitch when I was down yesterday. It looks like a big tarmac car park without the white lines.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Must be ready for the astro turf going down then, that'll be the underlay and all the ground preparations finished.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:52 am

Gate prices for the QoS game on their website.
    We play Livingston on Friday evening 6th July, 7:45pm kick off. Admission to this game will be £5 for Adults and £2 for all Concessions.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:14 am

orco wrote:And still no word on a manager. Shocked

The Sunday Mail today pretty certain its going to be Kenny Miller as player manager.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 am

We're apparently away to Queens Park on Tuesday night.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:06 am

Just seen that on Facebook - Nothing about it on either the LFC or QP websites, wonder if it's closed doors. If it's not, then would be good to know so can get along.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:51 pm

I think we're playing Queen's Park this afternoon, in a closed door pre season game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:46 pm

@CallumCarson34
    1m
    1 minute ago

5-1 win for Livi tonight in a closed door game against Queen's Park in Kenny Miller's first match, I'm told. Two apiece for Cadden and Robinson. Gallagher also on the scoresheet.

Last edited by Liviforever on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:14 pm

A reserve team will be playing against Livingston Utd on the 31st July.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:25 pm

2-2 against QoS tonight, Cadden and Gallagher scoring for us. Apparently our defence was a bit shaky, and we chucked away a 2 goal lead, hopefully get the cobwebs shook off.

Gomis on trial didn't look up to much either, giving away lots of fouls, that's 2 useless haddies we have on trial that I pray we don't sign, Welsh being the other one.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:20 pm

We had most of the play in the first half without actually doing anything with it. Queens deserved the draw on their second half showing. I thought Cadden played well. Still not sure about McMillan at SPL level. Crane looked ok in the time he was on. Sibbald was tidy. The trialist (Gomis was it?) was good in spells but did give away a lot of fouls - maybe trying too hard. I'm sorry to say that Kelly in goals looked much as he did when he was with us before. He does not inspire confidence. I mourn the end of Alexander's time with us. We desperately need a goalkeeper - an experienced one.
    It was a friendly with much chopping and changing plus players getting to know one another. It's still early days.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:20 am

Queen's were on their 5th pre season game and this was our 2nd, so it's understandable that we were a bit rusty, but still didn't lose to them. I think we could do with squeezing in another friendly next week, before our Betfred cup games start. Even if it's another closed door game against a lower league team, sounds as if we are a bit behind in our preparation for the season.

At worst we'll use the Betfred comp getting up to speed, but it may be at a cost of us not getting through to the next round.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:49 am

Queens were only playing their 3rd game. Think we will just be using the Betfred cup as extra pre season games tbh, problem is I don't think you can use trialists in those games so hope we don't sign Gomis just so he can play.

Think we will get another game sorted, maybe on the Tuesday against some junior team. We've also got the midweek free between the Annan and Berwick games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am

LiviLion wrote:Queens were only playing their 3rd game. Think we will just be using the Betfred cup as extra pre season games tbh, problem is I don't think you can use trialists in those games so hope we don't sign Gomis just so he can play.

Think we will get another game sorted, maybe on the Tuesday against some junior team. We've also got the midweek free between the Annan and Berwick games.

Just saw that on P&B when SD corrected Andy Livi, take it that's where you got the 3 games from too. Laughing

Maybe that extra game made a lot of difference in sharpness, although they were 2-0 down first half before coming back at us so maybe not. lol!

Hard to tell with these friendly games, esp when you start chopping and changing bringing on new players, and trialists too. I'd still like to see us getting a game in next week though, it has to help getting everyone a bit sharper.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:45 am

I see the goals are up on Sky sports news, Kenny Miller signing for us seems to have gained us some interest then. Laughing

Good goals from us, lovely ball played through for Cadden's goal, he's really up for it in these pre season games, seems to be playing as a striker. That equaliser for them looks a bit suspect on Kelly, came out for a long ball played up to the edge of the box and got chipped over his head, seemed to be in two minds and either a bit slow or hesitant and not fully committed*. I am with Orco with her mourning Alexander's departure, def not as comfortable in defence without him.

*Yeah on closer examination he could've got to the ball first and punched it clear, but stopped and was positioned like he was waiting to catch it, but Dykes got his foot to it and chipped it over his head, and into our net. Doesn't inspire confidence for the season ahead.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 pm

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 pm

LiviLion wrote:Think we will get another game sorted, maybe on the Tuesday against some junior team. We've also got the midweek free between the Annan and Berwick games.

There ye go, away to Gateshead on that day.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:57 pm

0-0 with Gateshead tonight, giving a run out for 3 trialists, Knox, Stewart in goals, Saunders, Hamilton, Kaja and Keaghan, and later on Maley coming on.

Only worry was Sibbald coming off after 25 mins for Knox, hopefully nothing serious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm