The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Durnford
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Livi v Killie

livikev
    livikev

Livi v Killie - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Killie

Post by livikev Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Football aside - pre match in the Lions Den was disgraceful - The so called Livi fan who started the fight with the Killie fan should be totally embarrassed.
    In his pursuit of attacking the Killie fan he pushed over my 83yr old Father in Law, who relies on a crutch for balance and walking.
    I hope his friends have a grain of decency between them and name and shame this cretin for what he is. He should be banned for life.
    We have been attending games since 1995, this is the first time i have been embarrassed to say i'm a livingston fan.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:06 am

Actually thought K Miller had a decent game and made a couple of good runs late on getting in on goal when their defenders weren't paying attention to him coming through, brilliant defence splitting pass by him for Robinson getting in on goal too. Thought Robbo should've done better with it and another one he had, took too long when he could have had a shot. We're really missing Hardie though, no cutting edge from us up front but we know that'll change when Hardie is back.

Agree on everything else you said Bertie, and I like the look of Lawless and Kaja on the wings, Cadden doesn't look as if he can cut it though, really needs to step up and do better or I think he'll drop out of things, gave the ball away too many times and put us under pressure.

Good point anyway and shows we have nothing to fear about being good enough to compete in this league.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:17 am

He was blowing out his backside in the first 30 mins. Looked like he had a “stitch” as well as he kept putting his hand to his side & making a pained expression. Also too slow getting back from offside preventing us getting forward quickly & his usual attempts to “manage” from within the game. It’s not a virtual reality game, he needs to let the assistants give directions while he is playing so he can concentrate on his own game, which currently isn’t good enough.

He made some runs but didn’t threaten, even though they weren’t paying attention, that sums it up.

Wasn’t overly impressed with the pitch either. Far too many pellets bouncing up, couple of time the ball got stuck between foot & surface where it would have rolled better on grass. I also thought some misplaced passes were partly caused by the way the ball bounced (or didn’t bounce properly).
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:37 am

Nah I think you're being overly harsh on him, i'm not overly impressed with him at times either but you're just looking for things with him now and he's under the microscope a bit. Cadden annoyed me far more today and he had far less game time. Pitch looks a lot better than Airdries anyway, runs pretty straight and didn't hold up as bad as a lot of them I've seen, just need to get used to playing on it and we'll have a good advantage against other teams. Being able to train on it should help too. The black pellets bouncing up are distracting but on the whole it wasn't bad.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 am

Watched the game on Alba. I like being able to check on stuff later on like a Kenny Miller offside in the first half. He was in a great position to score too. The replay showed he was onside. Very annoying!
    Speaking of the black pellets, Byrne was fouled at one point and got up off the ground with a load of them sticking to his face. Lol.
    A draw was a fair result overall. I was just pleased that we didn't look out of place in this league. Byrne was excellent and Halkett played the captain's role well. In Lawless I feel we now have two Pittman's. He was dogged and skillful.
    I still miss Lithgow though. Those long throws were like having corners all over the place. I hope he gets his chance to get back in at some point in the season. In saying that the defence we put out did do well.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 am

LF, I can assure you I’m not looking for anything, I’m saying what I’m seeing, which is pretty much what you were seeing in the first couple of games. The only thing you hadn’t previously mentioned was how slow he is at getting back onside & to be fair I hadn’t seen that until yesterday, but it was clear yesterday & the hand on his side & wincing face were there too. Maybe he did have a stitch & played through it because to be fair to him I will also say he looked livelier in the last 20 minutes.

Orco, I agree that the defence did ok, you can’t argue with a clean sheet, but I thought Saunders, while not playing badly was not as quick or as accurate as his partners; I’ve now seen him & Lamie & been more impressed by Lamie. Like you I want to see Lithgow given a chance at this level.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:51 am

Decent performance from Livi yesterday on our first day back at the Vale i thought.In conditions some times ressembling Portobello beach with the amout of sand being chucked up i thought the players adapted to it reasonably well.Shout to the defence for keeping big Boydy quiet,although i was glad to see Chris Burke being subbed as i thought at times he was a handfull.For us i thought Sean Byrne was a stickout with his never say die attitude but plaudits to the whole team for putting a shift in against a very good Killie team.All in all a good day out and if we can keep this up who knows where it will take us.Once again well done Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Sitting 9th after week 2.

Big league game coming up after our cup game against Motherwell, St Mirren away, def one we can get all 3 points from, hopefully Hardie is back by then, he loves a goal against St Mirren.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Sum total of the Sportscene presenter's knowledge and input of Livi, 'it's going to be a long hard season for Livingston'. Yeah thanks for your insightful input mate, well worth the wages you get. Rolling Eyes

Michael Stewart isn't much better, he really isn't interested in us and only wants to talk about Hearts and Hibs, as I said last week, Steven Thompson is the only one who has a bit of knowledge about Livi and knows Ryan Hardie is signed and will score goals. It's bad enough that all the teams below Premiership level get ignored but now we're one of the top teams and still being ignored, at least make an effort and do some research, you're getting paid for it. Didn't see Dundee and Motherwell getting the old 'it'll be a long hard season' for them and they're sitting on zero points, or St Johstone, who's only goal in 2 games is an OG. Rant over.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Its a funny thing - before the game I would have jumped at a point but after I still have a feeling of two points dropped rather than one earned.

Actually I didn't think Sportscene were too bad compared to how they were last season with their "Agricultural" comments. Least ways this time we were labelled as a honest hard-working side. Well there's worse ways to be described I suppose.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:04 pm

We're still in play off mode though, Lee Miller isolated up front and relying on midfielders for goals, until Hardie is back we'll struggle to beat teams and will grind out results like this, so i'm pretty happy with the draw. Keaghan and Pitts were our main scorers in the play offs and Keaghan is on the bench, so it's kinda on Robinson as our attacking midfielder, and imo he didn't have his best game, he got through a few times but was too slow making a decision.

I like the look of Lawless though, and Kaja too, but we really need a focal point for our goals (Ryan Hardie). With Kaja, Lawless and Lee Miller we've all the tools to provide him with goals.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Says something that Callum Crane, who I thought was quite impressive for the Berwick game, didn't even make the bench - some squad and that's even with quite a few injuries.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm quite happy for them all to ignore us. It happened for most of last season when teams came expecting wins and being surprised at our work rate
    Lost count now of the number of teams that have their worst game for ages when they play Livi. Smile
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Read a few Killie fans having a pop at our pitch, fecking hell did you see the state of theirs, caught the last 10 mins of their Betfred cup game against Sevco and it looked like an old threadbare carpet. See one of the Sevco players had a twisted knee injury and Gerrard is blaming it on Killies plastic pitch too, ours is a lot better than that anyway, even with the black pellets jumping up.

A lot of teams and top club pundit sycophants are going to slag our pitch off but hopefully it gets us a few points and only serves to wind them up more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 am