The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Lothiangamer
LiviLion
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
9 posters

Other Premiership Games

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Other Premiership Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Other Premiership Games

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Poor game of football, I hope Hibs are as bad as that against us, we'll absolutely destroy them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Hibs 1 nil up against Dundee and one of the Dundee players getting away with far worse a tackle than Byrne's red card, studs up into a Hibs player as he went flying through the air. On the flip side Dundee should've had a pen too, but feck them, so should we and we'd have went on to win our games last week. Brilliant refereeing again in Scottish football.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Done and dusted now, Dundee 1-4 Hibs with 25 mins to go. McNulty with 2.

Oh what a shame, Kenny Miller just scored from a set piece and had it chopped off. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Another goal by Miller chopped off, we want a hattrick. lol!

Dundee getting one back now, 4-2 Hibs with 5 mins left.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Finished Dundee 2-4 Hibs.

One less game to play for Dundee and 13 points behind us. Normally i'd have been looking for Hibs to drop points so we could catch them but our slump has put us in a position we're looking over our shoulders more than ahead.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Slump? Looking over our shoulders rather than ahead? Who are you and what have you done to Liviforever?????

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:39 am

Mon Killie tonight, and a draw between Hibs v St Johnstone. Then a win for us against St Mirren and we'd only be 2 points from a top 6 spot. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:19 pm

What was this slump you were on about? We’re only 4 points off the top 6!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:44 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:What was this slump you were on about? We’re only 4 points off the top 6!

7 points from Hibs and a top 6 spot, unless you're taking it for granted we've as good as won on Sat against St Mirren.

Great result for Accies, beating Aberdeen 2-0, they just keep pulling off the great escape in the Premiership, funny how quickly things can change, Dundee again dropping to 11th and we're in a lot better shape after our win over Killie last week.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:06 am

I posted before yesterday’s games kicked off LF, so at the time of the post I was correct...

But in any case, I was simply countering your recent dose of pessimism with an equally unexpected dose of optimism on my part. I am, after all, the yin to your yang, the Wise to your Morecambe, the Mike to your Bernie & for younger participants, the Romesh Ranganathan to your Rob Beckett.

afro lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Starting to get all optimistic again Bertie so you can go back to walking around with an egg shell on yer heid telling us it's an injustice and the world is ending. Laughing

Looking at the fixtures left before the split, we've both St Johnstone and Hibs at home so really great chance to get above St Johnstone and maybe even catch Hibs. The Aberdeen away game could be crucial though, we've been close to getting results against them with a bad refereeing call diddling us in our away game and even the home one was close, and they seem to be hitting a sticky patch, drawing with St Mirren and losing to Accies, so hopefully they're still there for the taking when we play them.

First we have to beat St Mirren on Sat though or a 7 points gap would just be too much for us to drag back.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Thank goodness for that... this optimism malarkey is hard work!

https://www.calimero.com/sites/default/files/calimero-big.jpg

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:38 am

Gimme that egg shell back, nae chance of catching Hibs now.

Hardie has gone off the boil and Hibs getting McNulty in has really fired them on, all in all our Jan signings haven't done much to boost our season and the injury list took its toll on us too with Dolly getting injured and Raffa not getting back quickly enough..
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Hate to say I told you so but I did say we had no chance of catching Hubs when they signed McNulty.

Had to laugh at Dundee losing to virtually the last kick of the ball today though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Aye looks like our form is on the way up again but there isn't enough games left to catch Hibs, even if we beat them next Fri we'd need them to lose their next 2 games against Killie and Hearts and us to beat Accies and Celtic. Even worse it's Celtic at Parkheid, might've had a chance of taking them at the Spaghettihad.

It would make my season if we did manage a win against them though, even if we failed to make the top six, just to get that monkey of our backs of them being the only SPFL team we've never had a win against. That and us beating Dundee on the last day to relegate them again, now that would just finish our season on a high. cheers Laughing
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm

We would have been in with a decent chance too but for poor refereeing decisions against us at Motherwell away, Aberdeen away and Dundee at home. That would have given us at least another 4 points, maybe more.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Premiership Play Offs

Dundee Utd, ICT, Accies, St Mirren.

Anyone have any preferences on who's coming up/staying up?

Looking very much like St Mirren are going to pip Accies to play off safety, momentum has swung their way, but can you ever write Accies off, they've the toughest game against St Johnstone, then again Dundee may have new manager bounce with McPake taking over from McIntyre, and Kenny Miller angling for the permanent position. I'm hoping Accies do it again, purely for the seethe they cause with them having a small home support, us diddies should stick together. cheers

On the Championship teams in the semi final, i'd prefer Utd to win, I think there is some sort of alternate Universe thingy between us and ICT, where we keep swapping positions in the top and 2nd tiers, so as long as they stay down we'll stay up. That's my theory anyway.Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 14, 2019 6:30 pm

I’d have ICT back up; they followed us up the leagues back when they first came into the “body of the Kirk” & when we dropped out they proved what can be done on a fairly low budget. They went down the year after us if I mind right. Now they are trying to follow us up again. Always in our wake Very Happy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 15, 2019 6:48 am

Advantage to United... but can they beat a Saints team that seems to be in their best form of the season or an Accies that have had some excellent results & some miserable ones over the season?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 am

Saw most of the second half last night... thought Caley were a wee bit unfortunate to get such a beating in terms of scoreline. Col Donaldson hasn’t improved though has he? Still thinks he is better than he actually is.

Anyone noticed that the play off process this season has the 2nd tier finalist known before the top tier relegation candidate is known? If I remember rightly last season Partick had a break before playing us & should have been more rested than us. This season United are in the final with the last round of top tier games still to be played.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 18, 2019 12:25 pm

It's all the stop start breaks we've had this season, you barely get into a wee run when some break comes up, pain in the arse.

Right down to the wire in the Premiership survival battle too, nobody can rest any players for the play offs.

Noticing Utd fans are all hung up on plastic pitches though, and feart about some of their injury prone players having to play on it, that will play into Accies advantage if they end up in the play off final.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Accies doing it again, 2-0 up against St Johnstone, oh the seethe this is already causing. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 18, 2019 2:29 pm

St Midden did what they had to do but in vain due to Accies winning.

United looked fairly decent & organised last night. But will they want up or will they want 4 Dundee derbies? I suspect they’ll want up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 27, 2019 6:53 am

So no Dundee teams in the top tier next season.

I thought the red card was a joke but it wasn’t as funny as United’s penalties.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 27, 2019 12:25 pm

The Championship doondee derby.

Yeah Utd were getting some ridiculous decisions from the ref, even their own fans couldn't believe how much the ref was on their side, read one saying the ref was their best player. Was wanting Utd up but have to say St Mirren deserved it more, the game itself was terrible to watch and the pen shoot out was the worst I've ever seen from a set of players, 4 misses in a row from the one team, that has to be a record of the worst pen shoot out ever.

Wee Danny Diver the Paisley hero, looking forward to seeing him fall down all over the pitch against us again next season then. On the bright side, it's a lot closer and easier to get to, practically all motorway, and I love their angry/moany fans when we beat them. bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm