The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Troy
Durnford
Auld Nick
LiviLion
Liviforever
9 posters

Livi v Celtic

orco
    orco

Livi v Celtic - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Celtic

Post by orco Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 am

It's hacks like Jackson who should be banned. He and his ilk do the Scottish game ten times more harm than any plastic pitch.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 am

Keith jackson's history or reports truly is a joy to behold:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/authors/keith-jackson/

Can't imagine he'll ever attend a raif v's Airdrie match on a wet Tuesday night....

Was actually amazed as to how many of his "reports" relate to ex-old firm legends- I wonder if he'd like to do a piece od Stuart Lovell or Marvin Andrews?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:59 am

orco wrote:It's hacks like Jackson who should be banned. He and his ilk do the Scottish game ten times more harm than any plastic pitch.

Actually watching the grass on a plastic pitch grow is actually more interesting that reading the condescending dribble spouted out by Jackson. Its difficult to believe he and Callum Carson work for the same rag. Callum may be a die-ard Airdrie supporter but he tries hard to cover all aspects of the game including the junior leagues
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:39 pm

It's all very well saying Celtic running over the top of teams would be good to watch, seeing goals galore scored as they passed the ball about the pitch before knocking it into the net, but after a few of those steamroller games it would get boring. Even Celtic fans got bored during their dominance under MON.

As much as there were no goals in our game, seeing Keaghan Jacobs sliding in from nowhere and taking the ball off of Rogic, Sinclair and Edouard time and again was worth the entrance fee alone. Their on fire striker never got a sniff at our goal all game. Seeing Sinclair jink his way through 3 Livi players thinking he'd at last get a chance to score, only for Keaghan to come flying in and take the ball from his feet was glorious.

If you can't be entertained and respect a team keeping a clean sheet against Celtic when they'd scored 23 goals in their last 5 domestic games then you shouldn't be reporting or writing about football.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Liviforever wrote:It's all very well saying Celtic running over the top of teams would be good to watch, seeing goals galore scored as they passed the ball about the pitch before knocking it into the net, but after a few of those steamroller games it would get boring. Even Celtic fans got bored during their dominance under MON.

As much as there were no goals in our game, seeing Keaghan Jacobs sliding in from nowhere and taking the ball off of Rogic, Sinclair and Edouard time and again was worth the entrance fee alone. Their on fire striker never got a sniff at our goal all game. Seeing Sinclair jink his way through 3 Livi players thinking he'd at last get a chance to score, only for Keaghan to come flying in and take the ball from his feet was glorious.

If you can't be entertained and respect a team keeping a clean sheet against Celtic when they'd scored 23 goals in their last 5 domestic games then you shouldn't be reporting or writing about football.

Ah but, don't you understand, it was the fault of the pellets (not allowed to refer to their colour after seeing the dudgeon you got wrapped up in on P&B with the huns when you refereed to them and was called a racist).

The pellets were to blame and not the fact that we have a skillful hard-working team that did what they needed to do to keep the scores level whilst creating several chances of our own.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Hacks like Jackson are nowt but OF arslickers.
    They champion the likes of McLeish getting the Scotland job so they can get favourable interviews with the football establishment. I hope the Livi board have seen this article and tell Jackson to get tae the next time he thinks about walking through thr front door of the stadium.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Its funny; hadn't noticed before but Callum Carson normally gets to report on all the Livi games but the moment celtic come to town he's kicked into touch and they get this numb-nuts to report in his place.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Keith Jackson? I think his surname has been mid-spelled for years, if he was Spanish it would sound like it should be spelled.

He wouldn’t know how to write a balanced article even if he was using a set of scales.

Writers like him would get newspapers stopped.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Anyway back to the football; I have to say that was probably the most exciting nil - nil draw I've seen in a very long time.

Not sure why Byrne fell over and got booked; I was sure he was going to repeat his success against Hibs and go on and get a sizzling shot on target. I cant really think of any time he's dived before so will really need to look at it closely on the replay; that being said, from where I was sitting, there didn't appear to be any contact.

Menga was pretty impressive but he needs to control his temper more; he nearly got himself sent off against Motherwell by reacting and he went pretty close against Hamilton. The kind of player he is he's going to come in for some close attention; I suppose its kind of a compliment. Anyway was good to see he can also play on the right wing.

Thought Bobby Burns wasn't as nippy as he has been previously but there you go; did a reasonable job of covering for Lamie.

As for pretty much everyone else - what a team. Everyone there by merit; gave everything and then some but a special mention for Kelly. I was one of the ones who thought Kelly was only any good as an understudy for Alexander in the summer; now I'd suggest it could be the other way around.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Byrne: don’t know why he went down but he may have thought he needed to avoid being kicked, had he stayed on his feet he would have had a chance to shoot

Menga: He overreacted to the usual pushing at corners & we can be glad that Christie didn’t overreact himself. Wasn’t much in it but silly of Menga to even motion with his head.

Burns: Did a very good job on Forrest but didn’t impose himself going forward - not complaining about that just making an observation as what he did may well have been his task for the day & he did that well.

Kelly: has improved vastly on his 3rd tier self - an excellent signing
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 pm

On Friday i had foolishly hoped for damage limitation in this game.What an eejit i am.Should have known better with these lads.Stunning performance from the Lions and thoughrally deserved their point.Think most fans ive spoken to found it difficuilt to pick a man of the match but wont argue about Kelly getting it,having said that i cant remember Keegs having as good a game in a Livi top for many a year.Fearless and outstanding.In fact they were all heroes yesterday especially our captain who led by example even afer he took a hefty knock but soldiered on.Inspirational performance from Craig.Shame about Dollys petulance which detracted from the fact that he had a blinding game.Possible repurcusions for him but we will deal with it whenever.We all know that our pitch is gonna come in for critism all season from the likes of Jackson and co.its old news,get over it for gods sake.Any way once again sorry for doubting you Livi and congratulations to Gary,Davie and all the team on a job well done.Lets keep it up. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:45 am

Hopefully no case to answer for if the CO is looking at TV evidence of Menga's "headbutt". https://celtsarehere.com/premier-league-ref-dismisses-rodgers-red-card-claim/

Resident Sky Sports Ref Watch pundit Dermot Gallagher has poured cold water on Brendan Rodgers belief that Dolly Menga should have been sent off for a headbutt in Celtic’s 0-0 draw with Livingston.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:55 am

Only problem is the SPFL may want to show that a former EPL ref has no right commenting on how they do their business... and he plays for Livi... so that’s a second problem - when have the SFA/SPFL or any other Scottish football organisation failed to take an opportunity to stick it to the West Lothian upstarts?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:32 pm

The Scottish red top weegie media have already got Menga tried and banned for 2 games so i'm not overly confident the CO wont do the same, she shouldn't though. We'll find out today anyway, if nothing has happened to Menga by tonight then he's safe.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Looks like a two game ban then. He brought it on himself. Dinnae give them a reason to get you.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Exactly Orco. However if he played for Govan he’d have gotten off with it based on their dealings with Morelos & McGregor.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Exactly Orco. However if he played for Govan he’d have gotten off with it based on their dealings with Morelos & McGregor.

Morelos is awful; there were about three times he elbowed Gallagher and, surprise surprise, the officials didn't see anything.

Then again the other side have the teflon coated Scott "elbows" Bown but also can boast such legends as Bobo Balde and Neil Lennon who punched McAlister right in front of the referee but hardly got spoken to.

Who can forget the Duncan Ferguson assault on Jock McStay that ended him in jail for three months but failed to get him a booking? Funny though that he was only convicted once he'd move to Everton - strange that.

Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:33 am

I watched the match last night having recorded it on Sky and must admit I was amazed by the so called experts commenting on the game.

Classics include:

Kelly was on loan with Livi last season before making the move permanent

He's (Jacobs) has been committing fouls all over the pitch and its about time he got booked

Looks like another hamstring injury; Livi should expect plenty of these through the season with this pitch

We (Celtic) can expect to apply a lot more pressure in the second half

His actions were disgusting; disgusting (referring to Menga's reaction)

Livi are prepared to do anything to stop Celtic play.

Sorry but I haven't hear's BT sport this season but surely Sky must have scoured the dregs of the barrel to get such partisan w@nkers (sorry Orco)

Was absolutely fuming even before the second half started.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:06 am

Andy Walker was in the commentary booth I believe... it was certainly him that suggested Keaghan had been fouling all game... but then a serial diver like Walker wouldn’t know a foul from a fowl, either physically or by definition.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Durnford wrote:I watched the match last night having recorded it on Sky and must admit I was amazed by the so called experts commenting on the game.

Classics include:

Kelly was on loan with Livi last season before making the move permanent

He's (Jacobs) has been committing fouls all over the pitch and its about time he got booked

Looks like another hamstring injury; Livi should expect plenty of these through the season with this pitch

We (Celtic) can expect to apply a lot more pressure in the second half

His actions were disgusting; disgusting (referring to Menga's reaction)

Livi are prepared to do anything to stop Celtic play.

Sorry but I haven't hear's BT sport this season
    but surely Sky must have scoured the dregs of the barrel to get such partisan w@nkers (sorry Orco)

Was absolutely fuming even before the second half started.

Sutton is one of the BT pundits and he's put Kelly, Halkett and Jacobs in his team of the week. He's a nippy fecker that likes being awkward in conversations between other pundits but generally he's been impressed by Livi. Big Hartson is always giving us plaudits too and said pre game and post game that Livi are difficult to play against and our players effort is fantastic. Also said Edouard wont get a tougher game all season than playing against our defenders, even in Europe.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Andy Walker was in the commentary booth I believe... it was certainly him that suggested Keaghan had been fouling all game... but then a serial diver like Walker wouldn’t know a foul from a fowl, either physically or by definition.

Andy Walker the former Celtic striker during the Rangers nine-in-the-row seasons? That says a lot.

Ah right so a skilful tackle by Keaghan is actually a foul as it detracts but the splendid footballing spectacle that is celtic on beautiful flowing attack mode.

Not that I like to give any credence to Scott Brown apparently during the 2015–16 season, Brown criticised Walker, labelling him a "poor man's Gary Neville". Personally I feel that's being very unfair on poor old Gary.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Walker is a poor man’s Alan Brazil... he had (he doesn’t do it anymore I don’t think) to be the worst co-commentator outside of Provan & Walker, neither of whom know their backsides from their elbows
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:31 pm

I can't stand that Andy Walker.
    He get's all sanctimonious about the likes of Menga and Jacobs and yet frequently says players are "entitled to go down" if they feel the slightest contact in the penalty box, in otherwords he condones cheating.
    Other than being an ex OF player with limited ability imo what particular expertise does he posses to comment on games. Sweet FA. The same goes for that other windbag Provan another ex OF "expert".
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Kieran Tierney disagreeing with McLeish blaming our pitch for his Scotland call off injury. https://sportslens.com/kieran-tierney-disagrees-with-alex-mcleishs-assessment-of-his-injury/251463/

Makes the DR arseholes look foolish, all their nonsense agreeing with McLeish, and saying truth hurts etc in retort to Holt telling him he was talking nonsense.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Tierney is a terrific player & clearly has a level headed approach. Well done him for clarifying his position.

STV tried to put a different spin on it thought claiming he backed McLeish....

He actually said it was the build of games, the astro turf didn’t help but it could have happened on grass, you just don’t know. So IMO he didn’t back McLeish at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 pm