Livi v Motherwell

Liviforever

Livi v Motherwell

Post by Liviforever on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:47 pm

We're in a bit of a goal scoring rut just now and Motherwell just hit 3 past Aberdeen to close the gap on us to 5 points, must not lose game imo. If we win then even better, we'd open up the gap back to 8 points and make a pusg to get back in the top 6.

Menga still suspended but rumours of Hardie making an appearance, maybe wont want to risk starting him right enough, Motherwell are very much a tough physical team, it was against them Miller got crocked and Dec had his head split open. Actually think nippy wee player like Robinson could be effective against them but not if we play balls up to him with a big CB right behind him, we'd need to pass it into spaces for him to run into, and get behind them, would also start Hamilton, he deserves a chance to see what he can do, him and Robbo should be decent in attack.

Our defenders will have to be on their toes, Johnson has plenty pace and is a dangerous player for them. Hopefully we finally get a win against them.
Bertie Bassett

Re: Livi v Motherwell

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Yeah, they will take lots of confidence from thumping Aberdeen & also from the fact we haven’t beaten them yet; I think I said previously that they could be this season’s bogey team... hope the boys can dispel that notion with a win.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:13 pm

Talk of Cadden starting up front, has done so a couple of times before.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Hardly featured this season though
orco

Post by orco on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Get Hamilton in.
orco

Post by orco on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:46 pm

According to P&B Robinson is all but out and Lithgow a doubt. This game just got harder than it already was. Neutral
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:52 pm

We can cope with Robinson out but Lithgow will be a huge loss, anytime he was out last season we lost the game and goals were conceded from the area he'd have been playing, remember those 2 set pieces against St Mirren. Hopefully the young Dutch player will do well playing there.

Looks like it might be Cadden and Hamilton starting up front, with Hardie as a 2nd half sub (seen a pic of he running in his Sevco training gear).
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Btw Robinson got a hamstring injury playing on Sevco's grass pitch, can you imagine the shitstorm that would've caused had it been a Sevco player on our plastic pitch, not heard a dicky bird in the DR about it though.
orco

Post by orco on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:00 am

Nah, no having that. Players are never injured on grass pitches. I'm sure I read that somewhere in the Daily Record so it must be true so it must. geek
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:56 am

Kelly; Gallagher, Halkett, van Schaik; Lawson, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Lamie; Hamilton, Kaja

That's assuming Lithgow and Robinson are added to the list of injuries, and Hardie is still out. Big December on the way Laughing

1-1, FG 39 mins
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Just seen this on the DR about Scott Robinson's injury: "The former Hearts player looks set to miss Saturday's Premiership encounter along with Alan Lithgow and a player that manager Gary Holt declined to name."

"Robbo came off with his hamstring on Saturday and big Al was feeling his and now he's been off ill," Holt said. "I don't think those two will make it and we have another boy who's not back in until Monday because he's ill. That's part and parcel of football at this time of year."

What are the chances it's Jack Hamilton? Laughing

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/livingston-boss-gary-holt-faces-13664151
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Wouldn't think so with him saying Hamilton has a chance to play on Sat.

"Whether he starts or is involved in the game, it's down to Jack whether he's done enough. But we will only find out on Saturday."

Where's their headlines saying Livi players injured playing on grass, Ibrox pitch is to blame for Robinson and Lithgow's injuries. Grass pitches shouldn't be used in the Premiership, players legs tight after playing on them, you don't get a true run of the ball, players studs get caught in the grass, divots trip you up, it gets muddy after rain, and what about hay fever sufferers, ban grass pitches.  Suspect

Troy

Post by Troy on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:02 pm

Such a tough one to call this.Especially with injuries etc mounting up.Motherwell will obviously be bhoyd up with their terrific result against Aberdeen last week and rightly so.As ive said before im just glad that weve got those hard earned points on the board as we are coming into a hectic period in the season where our resolve is going to be severly tested.Will be interesting to see the team lineup tommorow and how both Gary and Davie go about trying to get us a favourable result.Having said that we are at home on our pitch and i just hope that theres not to much disruption to our normal game plan.Normally we should be looking to take something from this game and i reckon ata least a share of the spoils is doable here if not lets be greedy and go for the victory.Good luck Livi and lets do it!!!
orco

Post by orco on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:12 pm

Byrne was substituted at Ibrox for Sibbald. Wondered about that at the time. Could it be him I wonder?
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:43 pm

Very tough game in prospect. Well are no shrinking violets & beating a previously bouyant Aberdeen 3-0 was an excellent result, even if Aberdeen might have had an eye on getting through the match unscathed so they could go full pelt at Celtic in the cup final tomorrow.

We have largely been suggesting that we have a pretty strong squad for a promoted team but now when we start to get injuries and suspensions we will see just how strong it is. Ideally we want a win here but a draw wouldn’t be bad.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:49 pm

Good win today. Good team performance. We deserved the 3 points.

Motherwell were very poor in the first half but more fluent in the second. That said, we were easily the better side over 90 mins.

Referee was a waste of space. Motherwell are a very physical side but got away with shirt pulling & manhandling of players all game.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Good to finally beat the jammy beggars, Cadden and Hamilton both did brill.

Up to 6th place, bring on the Killie.

Troy

Post by Troy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:33 am

Yeh,magnificent performance yesterday for the Lions against a dogged Well side i thought.Special mention for young Hamilton who never looked out of his depth and caused them no amount of problems all afternoon.Masterstroke from Gary for making them think that Lithgow wouldnt be playing and what a shift he put in.The whole team ran their preverbial socks off and thoughrally deserved the three points in my view.Also must say it was great to see David Bingham in the bar after the game chatting to the supporters.Touch of class from the legend and was great to talk to him after so many years.Said to him i hoped that many former players would come back and make an appearrance in the future and he agreed..Any way despite the fire alarm scare prior to the match had a super day at the stadium and many motr to come over this hectic period Well done Livi!!!
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:29 pm

He was sitting 3 rows in front of me and I didn't even notice him till after he did the HT draw and came back to his seat. Laughing
One of my all time top 2 favourite Livi players too. king

Massive result for us but a bit over done on Sportscene results show, we had St Johnstone, Celtic and Sevco in among those 4 games without  a win, 3 team that have the joint best form with 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 games, the Accies result is the only one that really shouldn't have happened. What was more concerning was our zero goals in November, thankfully that has been put right against Motherwell.

Hamilton gave us our focus on attack and was physically good enough to win the high balls and stand up to the bulk of Motherwell's physical stuff, could've done with a bit of help from the officials the amount of times he was being pushed, pulled, climbed on, but he never stopped giving it his all. He had a couple of openings for shots on goal but had a rush of blood to the head when blasting them over the bar, still did a cracking job though.

Cadden hasn't had much game time but if he keeps putting in performances like that he'll get himself back into the team, was more like the way he played after the Falkirk away game last season, when he just seemed to get some confidence and burst into life on the pitch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:47 am