Aberdeen v Livi

Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Aberdeen v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Aberdeen v Livi

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Brave effort; sounds like we were under the cosh in the second half & the pressure told in the end.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Referee told in the end, took 2 wrong refereeing decisions to give them the goal, otherwise we'd have held firm for the draw, come to expect it though, was the same against Hibs last season in the cup game. Good effort from Livi though, hopefully we get the home win against Hearts with Hardie fit and well.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm

2 wrong decisions?
orco
orco

Post by orco on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:16 am

Definitely  should have been a goal kick prior to the corner leading to their 3rd goal.  Big Dec was pushed while shepherding the ball out.  Thompson gave us hee haw while the Dons were getting free kicks for throwing themselves down. That said we were hammered  in the second half.  
We nearly pinched a point but wasn't to be.  This fixture schedule is killing us.  We can't afford to put out our best team every game so have key players resting on the bench.
For me,  while I know McMillan scored I don't think he or Burns are quite up to the SPL yet. They put the effort in but they struggled against the experienced Dons players.  We really missed Lammie tonight.  I hope he is not out too long.
Once again I thought Hamilton looked competent when he came on. He gathers the ball well and knows what he is about.  He's only 18 too so we probably have still to see the best of him.
A dagger in the heart to concede so late but onwards to Friday and another hard game.  It's no easy in this SPL.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 am

From what I picked up Burns wasn't coping down the left side so McMillan was moved over there when Burns got subbed, harsh to judge both of them playing out of position Orco. Burns is a midfielder filling in at LB, McMillan has done well on the RB position backing up Gallagher, even Dec struggles at RB, particularly in the 2nd half when pacy players are running at him and he's getting tired.

Aberdeen brought on McLennan at HT and changed the game for them, we haven't really got the players to deal with that at the moment, we'd need Lamie and McMillan playing to back up Lithgow and Gallagher, was the same against Hearts in the 2nd half, that's why McMillan came on in that game.
Still, as you said, Gallagher gets pushed onto the ball knocking it out, instead of a free kick to us they get a corner, then a 2nd corner when Kelly punched the ball off an Aberdeen player and out for a goal kick, but the ref gives them another corner which they score from. As much as Aberdeen had us hemmed in the ref handed them the game in ET.

Was always going to be difficult getting anything away to Aberdeen though, I wasn't really expecting it, the Hearts home game is where I was targeting something. Glad Keaghan didn't play a full game, personally I wouldn't have played him at all and saved both him and Hardie for Fri.
orco
orco

Post by orco on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:42 am

I know it sounds like I'm being harsh on McMillan and Burns Lfl but being used to Lammie, Halkett, Lithgow and Gallagher it is noticeable the difference in class between them and the former two. It's more of an observation than a criticism because the two of them work their socks off and do the best they can.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:25 am

Yeah both of their goals from open play came from Burns being skinned and not stopping the ball into our box, he did well playing there against Celtic but Aberdeen's players had the better of him. Not sure who else can fill in there while Lamie is out, pity we have Crane out on loan.
Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:58 am

Neither Burns or Lawless for that matter have much defensive ability in my opinion; both are excellent in the attack but defensively they don't have the turn of sudden acceleration and agility for defence on the wing.
orco
orco

Post by orco on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Has Steve Saunders left the building?
Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:19 pm

orco wrote:Has Steve Saunders left the building?

And the county hopefully
Troy

Post by Troy on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Uncharecteristic flap from Liam last night for their 3rd goal i thought. Hopefully he,ll learn from it as hes been brilliant between the sticks for us this season.As has been said Aberdeen deserved their victory after a gallant effort from the lads.My only hope is that they take the hurt that their feeling into Friday against the Jambos.Big crowd expected in front of the cameras and i sincerely hope we send them back to Gorgie with a bloodied nose.Dont underestimate these lads if the real Livi turn up.Iwish them well!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:10 pm