Motherwell v Livi.

Troy

Motherwell v Livi. Empty Motherwell v Livi.

Post by Troy on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:52 pm

Couple of people i spoke to today are having concerns as to wether this game will go ahead tommorow.The concerns being will Motherwell have their undersoil heating on for a visit of Livingston and also will the decision be taken out of their hands by the local constabulary due to the safety aspect to the surrounding areas caused by the recent weather weve had.Think it could be borderline but i sincerely hope it gets the go ahead.To the game itself i reckon we are good enough to get something from this game albeit a share of the spoils would do if anything to stop this series of result weve had recently.Obviously Mcormack will have to be watched but theyve got some other decent players as well and will be looking to go joint with us in the league after tommorow.If we bring our A game and with Ryan being back we have enough players to cause them all sorts of problems.Its gonna be tight and i wish the lads thebest in what is gonna be a baltic day.Cmon Livi do it!!!
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Motherwell v Livi. Empty Re: Motherwell v Livi.

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:25 pm

It was snowing pretty heavily in the area when I left work at 5:30.

It will be tough, they are right on our tails now after their poor start & our excellent start, so there isn’t much between us. We managed to create a couple of chances that we should have done better with in the last match, so hopefully we do so again but stick them away this time.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Could've done with it being postponed, 3-0 down at HT.

Lamie being left on the bench for Erskine was a mistake, feels like the Pars away game when Hoppy left Gallagher on the bench and MaMillan and Gallagher replaced Mullin and Toddy at HT when we were 3-0 down and being ripped down the wing by Aird. The lad Hastie is having a field day against us.

Only thing going our way is Dundee and Accies drawing 0-0 against one another and Sevco beating St Mirren.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:20 pm

3 substitutions made, Menga, Odoffin and Lawson on for Erskine, Sibbald and Lawless. Can understand the 3 coming off as they are weak defensively but Lawson isn't exactly great defending either, why isn't Lamie being played?
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Probably have to say this is our worst result of the season. I think I’d be winning our prediction league after the recent run. Next up is Hearts away & they seem to have resurrected their challenge for second in recent weeks so it could get worse before it gets better.

However, I stick with my pre-season assessment that anything above 12th is a success; so as long as we maintain the gap over the bottom 3 it will be fine.
Troy

Post by Troy on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Sorry but not going down the bad day at the office for us scenario.Gary obviously got his selection wrong and that 23mins in the first half showed that.Weve all givin the lads plaudits for their showing in the first half of the season but cmon Livi.Yes we are still 16 points clear of that 2nd bottom place and thank god for that.Gary said on Radio Scotland after the match that he got it wrong and fair dos to him for saying so.As Livi fans we know we have been riding our luck with what we are up gainst in this league and rightly so but surely we have to get it together for these coming games after such a terrific first 6 months.Other websites suggesting we are in meltdown,if this is meltdown i,l take it. bring it on.SAFETY FIRST.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Yeah like the Pars away game last season the management fecked it up with the team selection in the first half. That isn't the main concern for me though, bollocking up our tactics and starting eleven is easily fixable if we learn from it, but we aint scoring goals, 2 in our last 7 games and none in our last 4 is a bloody worry. Scoring takes the pressure off our defence and gives us something to hold onto for getting points, game after game of not scoring is a right rut.

We know we've goal scorers in the team, about 14 different players have scored this season, and Hardie is a good striker for scoring goals, so why the feck are none of them hitting the net. We're still creating chances, just couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards for some reason.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Holt in the DR saying we need to get back to basics and do what we were doing the first half of the season. Not seeing anything where he takes some responsibility though, it was his formation and team selection that was wrong, wrong players playing in a formation that didn't work, one where we all saw coming when the selection was released. Erskine isn't a WB, he's shoehorning players into the team the same way Hoppy did in his first season, rather than playing to our strength with the players that are best suited. If the formation doesn't suit Erskine then he has to sit it out, not really bothered whether he likes it or not. Lawless is a weak defensive player too, so we had 2 WB's that are strongest going forward but weak in defence, and we got punished for it. Holt has to admit it when he gets it wrong, and he got it wrong against Motherwell.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm

DR wouldn’t necessarily quote him from Radio Scotland though, which is where Troy said he heard that.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:33 pm

Awright, hadn't read Troy's post, just read that DR article and it annoyed me that Holt wasn't taking responsibility for his mistakes, it's good that he admitted it in a post match interview then.

Best results come from a settled team, I think we're fannying around too much firing in all our January signing and it's unsettling our team and shape. You can't just throw them in for the sake of it, bring them in when it suits our formation to do so and make them earn their spot too.

So far only Tiffoney (who is like a new signing having been out on loan at Morton the first half of the season) and Odoffin have looked like they deserve starts, the rest haven't shown they're as good as the players they're replacing, and both Lawson and Sibbald have been disappointing, they both look like they could be decent but haven't really fitted in.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm

I liked the look of Sibbald in the early cup games but he hasn’t done much since; Lawson has had 1 terrific corner & 1 sublime bit of skill which then set up a chance which I think was scored or got a corner which brought the goal... but apart from those he’s been caught out of position too often & doesn’t bust a gut to get back... Aberdeen game, Halkett started in Aberdeen’s box & hared past the tortoise that was Lawson to block the cross only for Lawson to knock it back towards his own goal & it went in, possibly off the Aberdeen guy that the original cross was intended for.

I agree with your assessment of the recent crop of newcomers & that he needs to stop “filling shirts” & actually get guys in who have shown they are up to speed with our successful style rather than this updated but inferior version currently on display.

I also think we also have to remember that for 2 1/2 season’s our guys have played extremely consistently with barely a dip in form, in other words loss of form may also be a factor. Patience I think is required from our more demanding supporters.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:45 pm

Yeah we've been spoiled the last few seasons and have raised our expectations, we maybe need to remember just how far we've come in such a short time and not be so demanding.

The top flight was a leap into the unknown, expected it to be a lot tougher than it was for the first half of the season, now we've hit a bit of a wall but have accumulated 30 points to give us a bit of breathing space. Reckon another 8 points would def have us safe, although it wouldn't surprise me if 2 of the bottom 3 don't even match our current total.

It would be great if we could finish on a high though, and push for 6th place, financially that could be worth and extra half a million plus quid in gate money too, as well as the prize money it would get.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:07 pm