The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Aberdeen v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Aberdeen v Livi Empty Aberdeen v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Since the winter break Aberdeen haven't won a home game in the league v we've only won one away game all season. Wonder what odds you'd get for a draw here, although we should've had a draw the last time we played them up there but the ref decided to give them one last chance from a corner when it was a goal kick. Not that i'm bitter and still pissed off about it. lol!

This is our last chance of having any hope for a top six spot (yes I know it is all but gone), we'd need a hail Mary with other results going our way too but the things we have seen this team do in recent times then who knows. If we do it then it would be up there with Burchill's Great Escape and maybe even Hoppy's play off winning feat.

Anyway getting back to reality, very tough game against the only team we've not managed to take points from, hopefully their win at Ibrox last night has both sapped their energy and put them on cloud nine from which they've not fully come down from to be fully focussed on our game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Aberdeen v Livi Empty Re: Aberdeen v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:25 pm

A draw would be excellent. I suspect they will however be full of confidence having benefitted from dodgy refereeing each time they have played us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:42 am

Massive weekend coming up, Hibs play Motherwell so if things go our way there (Motherwell win or a draw) and us beating Aberdeen, we'd only be 3 points behind again, with Hibs at home next Friday. Could make things pretty exciting going into the split. Hopefully us scoring 3 goals last week has ended our goal drought/bad run, and we hit a bit of form just at the right time to do another unbelievable accomplishment and get a top 6 spot.

I know it is a really slim chance we have, but this Livi team have proven time and again you can never write them off.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 pm

As much as it pains me to say it but i feel that our top 6 asspirations have all but gone.Our aim this term was and always has been safety first and weve just about achieved that albeit without key players for a decent part of the season so credit to those players for getting us in the position we currently find ourselves in.Having said all that though perhaps it may give us the freedom to go out and express ourselves with no added pressure on us.Pittodrie always a hard place to go to at the best of times but if we can get on the front foot and frustrate them then as L/F says with these lads you just never know.Alot of conjecture surrounding the players at the moment,i just hope they can put that asside for the moment and give it their all which im sure they will do.Iwish them good luck and a safe journey to those makking the journey north.Cmon Livi Do it!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:58 am

Troy wrote:As much as it pains me to say it but i feel that our top 6 asspirations have all but gone.Our aim this term was and always has been safety first and weve just about achieved that albeit without key players for a decent part of the season so credit to those players for getting us in the position we currently find ourselves in.Having said all that though perhaps it may give us the freedom to go out and express ourselves with no added pressure on us.Pittodrie always a hard place to go to at the best of times but if we can get on the front foot and frustrate them then as L/F says with these lads you just never know.Alot of conjecture surrounding the players at the moment,i just hope they can put that asside for the moment and give it their all which im sure they will do.Iwish them good luck and a safe journey to those makking the journey north.Cmon Livi Do it!!!

This has been a catchphrase of yours for a few seasons now.... did you ever expect we’d be striking a deal with Nike to supply our kit?

Good point about pressure; hopefully the lads embrace that & just go out there & “do it”
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Lets hope we don't lose now or i'll be blamed for jinxing us. lol!

The boys that came up with el plastico for the Livi v Killie game and coined the name Spaghettihad should've got some credit from the media and pundits using it too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Troy wrote:As much as it pains me to say it but i feel that our top 6 asspirations have all but gone.Our aim this term was and always has been safety first and weve just about achieved that albeit without key players for a decent part of the season so credit to those players for getting us in the position we currently find ourselves in.Having said all that though perhaps it may give us the freedom to go out and express ourselves with no added pressure on us.Pittodrie always a hard place to go to at the best of times but if we can get on the front foot and frustrate them then as L/F says with these lads you just never know.Alot of conjecture surrounding the players at the moment,i just hope they can put that asside for the moment and give it their all which im sure they will do.Iwish them good luck and a safe journey to those makking the journey north.Cmon Livi Do it!!!

This has been a catchphrase of yours for a few seasons now.... did you ever expect we’d be striking a deal with Nike to supply our kit?

Good point about pressure; hopefully the lads embrace that & just go out there & “do it”

Yeah Livi and Nike, we're both just doing it.

Some fans we have, The Spaghettihad, el Plastico, and Troy with his Livi Do It. Very Happy

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Strong bench.

Subs - Stewart, Odoffin, De Vita, Byrne, Lawless, Tiffoney & Hardie

Hopefully we don't get any injuries forcing early substitutions and we can bring on Hardie & Tiffoney/Raffa up front in the 2nd half.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Sorry to disapoint lads but sod all to do with Nike.Was the first thing that came to mind on my first post on the match day forum.Cant wait for both of yours if any with trepidation.Anyways Cmon Livi lets..Nah sod it. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Sheep up 1-0. Razz
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Not going to plan at all, Hibs are 2-0 up too.

Accies 1-0 up aginst Hearts and Killie 1-0 up against Sevco is funny though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Goan yerself Sibbald, 1-1.

Couldn't come from behind to win again could we?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:51 pm

1-1 FT. Interesting to see if the officials have done us again after Gallagher's goal was chopped off.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 pm

They apparently did us with the Dons goal as the move began with a foul on Erskine that wasn’t given... according to my oldest who is up there today.

I found a live stream & watched most of second half. We gave a decent account of ourselves from what I saw.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Creditable result for the Lions today although 70% possesion to the Dons doesnt probably tell the whole story.Once again officials have cost us and cant wait to see the highlights as to why our goal from Declan was dissalowed.This number 16 has been brassing me off for many weeks but yes we are once again 16 points clear of that playoff place that i now concede we will no longer be part off.Top 6 has gone but lets see if we can finish best of the rest which would be some achievment on its own.Well done lads and for what its worth Lets do it.!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:05 pm

bbc have them at 56% possession.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 pm

I thought Erskine was fouled before the goal. He was shoved in the back. Was at the end of the pitch farthest from their goal mind you but they took possession and scored without another Livi touch.
    The whole game is on Alba at 10.55. Be interested in seeing the disallowed goal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 am

Just watched it on bbc alba, hard to tell about Dec being offside, camera angle wasn't showing it across the line, might've been marginally offside. Looked like it was Cosgrove pushing Erskine in the back before they broke up the pitch leading to their goal. Halkett wasn't too pleased with Lawson's defending for their goal though.

Pittman was pushed in the back when he was running onto a Lawson through ball, just outside the box, but we only got a corner, would've been a great place for a free kick. Good point anyway, another game in terrible freezing conditions, credit to the fans travelling up for it, bunch of maddies.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:43 am

I got the train to Edinburgh, City Link Gold to Aberdeen, bus out to Pittodrie. Same in reverse on the way back. In spite of incessant rain I thoroughly enjoyed the day and the draw was icing on the cake. In all other aspects of my life I consider myself quite sensible but when it comes to fitba' a kind of madness takes over. Luv it!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 pm

Read some sheep saying they got soaked walking to the game and headed home at HT freezing and sodden, so well done you for making the effort and staying to the end Orco.

I'm more of a PT fair weather away supporter myself. sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am