John Ward

Liviforever
Liviforever

John Ward Empty John Ward

Post by Liviforever on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Stepping down as Livi's CEO and Director of Livingston FC, saying it's time for some new investment and talent.

He's done a marvellous job at Livi, taking us to the top flight and sticking to a budget that was as low as possible for a FT club with a small fanbase. At a time when we had barely recovered from Massone's reign of horror, and Livi5 were beginning to crumble with infighting, Ward came along and brought stability to the club, success on and off field, the fans sure as heck appreciated having calm brought to the club these past few years, and i'm sure the players and management team appreciated his steadyness at the helm too.

I really hope that whoever come in after him follows in his footsteps and sticks to those same ideals.
orco
orco

John Ward Empty Re: John Ward

Post by orco on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:57 pm

I wonder if they have someone in mind to replace him. It seems a bit sudden but surely he must have given his fellow directors a bit of notice. Or maybe that's not how it works. What do I know. scratch
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:49 am

Where is that LF? - don’t see anything on the OCS or the official twitter feed....

Perhaps a few choruses of “John Ward must stay” and “There’s only one Johnny Ward” would persuade him to change his mind?

I would agree with his sentiment re new investment as next season will be even more of a challenge than this one. However his steady hand at the helm coupled with new investment would be better than his departure & an unknown element coming in.

We do have the bulk of this squad retained for next season but look like losing 2 vital elements of our defence. That is going to make next season even harder than this as we won’t be the surprise package anymore & will have a largely untried defensive set up.

If however it is a confirmed unchangeable decision on his part then he deserves credit & appreciation for a job very well done. I never dreamt we’d see our team back in the top flight in my lifetime after losing the play-off to Stranraer, I fully expected us to be bottom half of tier 2 at best.
orco
orco

Post by orco on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:39 am

He announced it on Twitter last night Bertie. Strange way to do it I thought.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Yeah, I am constantly frustrated by the use of social media ahead of the official club site. The OCS should be the place where such news is posted first. After that by all means throw it onto social media for comments & discussion.

Aside from two Livi fans discussion boards I have no social media presence & I don’t go looking there unless I see something on the twitter feed on the OCS.

IMO far too much of people’s lives are shared on things like Facebook & Twitter. I simply don’t want to know how many corn flakes someone had in their bowl for breakfast. (I exaggerate but that is often the level of inane drivel I don’t have time to wade through just to find something of interest.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Callum Carson's twitter is always worthwhile checking out for Livi related news Bertie, that's where I saw JW's tweet. https://twitter.com/CallumCarson34
wayofthecass

Post by wayofthecass on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi. In regards to John here is a documentary that I produced with John's help. I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to pass the link on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbftZ_UDq0&t=548s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:01 pm