Livi v Doondee

Liviforever
Liviforever

Livi v Doondee Empty Livi v Doondee

Post by Liviforever on Tue May 07, 2019 1:45 pm

Or the We Are Staying Up, you are going down party for our last home game of the season. cheers

Really wanted to relegate them in the play offs last season but they managed to scrape out of facing us, then was hoping this match would be the one to officially send them down, but what the heck, it is still oh so sweet seeing us having another great season and Dundee being relegated. The history between us over Kachloul and relegating them in 2005 just makes this a great game to gloat over them. Not that they'll have many fans with Accies relegating them last week, but still, i'm going to really enjoy lording it over them. Cool

It will also be a bitter sweet moment saying farewell to a few of our players, Craig and Dec playing their last home game for us, we'll really miss them next season, they've been fantastic Livi players and imo two of our best ever defenders.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Livi v Doondee Empty Re: Livi v Doondee

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue May 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Yeah, shame I’ll miss it... will be heading for an airport in the country that must not be named.
Troy

Post by Troy on Fri May 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Pressumably this will be the last game of the season for most.Ifor one intend to enjoy every minute of it by giving this team the send off that they richly deserve.Not sure what line up Gary will choose to go with in what is basicly a dead rubber for both teams .The attendance will probbably reflect that though i hope we get a decent home support if only to thank these guys for their sterling efforts this season and for giving us another freebie next season which many doubted we would get.Home win will suffice and goes without saying good luck for tommorow.Och yea know the rest!!!
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri May 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Aye, Livi just dae it.... pleeeeeez give them a good gubbin
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat May 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Tsk, pah, hate losing to them... and they have taken 7 points off us this season & still couldn’t finish above us. (Trying for a positive spin on that fact)
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Players looked on holiday mode, no urgency in attack and just didn't have our usual drive throughout the team. Our season was basically over when we didn't make the top 6, and had cemented our place for next season (not that i'm complaining, i'd take the same again next season).

Dundee fans were prob conflicted about celebrating their goal, and win, it may well have saved McIntyre's job and he'll still be in charge next season. Laughing

All that's left to be of any interest in the Premiership now is Accies v St Mirren on Monday night, hopefully Accies at least a draw and do the double, relegating Dundee last week and putting St Mirren in the play offs this week. And Killie and Aberdeen battling for 3rd place to get a European spot.
orco
orco

Post by orco on Sun May 12, 2019 12:47 am

I think they tried but nothing came off. It's always difficult to score against a team with ten men in the box. The number of "injuries" to Dundee players and the length of time it took to treat them was unreal. Weird game. Ref was the usual eejit type who became temporarily blind for Dundee fouls with miraculous sight recovery every time any of theirs went down.
It's worrying that the season is ending with a whimper. Last year we carried the momentum of our magnificent play off performances into the start of this season. I hope the opposite doesn't happen this year. Rolling Eyes
Troy

Post by Troy on Sun May 12, 2019 10:50 am

Yeh.Dissapointing day to say in the least for the Lions yesterday.And of course it would just have to be Kenny Miller to score against us.Strange starting 11 for us i thought but i guess Gary was trying to mix it up with a veiw to next season.Decent turn out from the home fans and as i said on friday 1300 was about right for this dead rubber.Strange that the players didnt come back out at the end but most fans had probably left the stadium by then having suffered that.Anyways once again well done to the lads for their terrific efforts this season and a fond farewell to those who will be leaving us.Great memories to cherish.Lol.T.
fanfromday1
fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 on Sun May 12, 2019 6:27 pm

orco wrote:I think they tried but nothing came off. It's always difficult to score against a team with ten men in the box. The number of "injuries" to Dundee players and the length of time it took to treat them was unreal. Weird game. Ref was the usual eejit type who became temporarily blind for Dundee fouls with miraculous sight recovery every time any of theirs went down.
It's worrying that the season is ending with a whimper. Last year we carried the momentum of our magnificent play off performances into the start of this season. I hope the opposite doesn't happen this year. Rolling Eyes

That's my concern too.

Remember when Richie Burke controversially took over from Evans?? a few years back we failed to win our last batch of games and that continued in to the next season before Burke was eventually sacked. Now I'm not suggesting for a minute that Gary Holt is anything like Burke, he's light years ahead of him but a string of losses or draws is still that so hopefully we can get  a win from our last game against Motherwell to end the season on a high.

The only other thing I suppose is we'll have hopefully new players on board by the start of next season who'll be keen to create a good impresssion and the remaining guys will be a lot more wordly wise in dealing with the PL pressure.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun May 12, 2019 9:59 pm

We ended the league games last season with 2 defeats right enough, ICT and Dundee Utd, as they were meaningless games before the play offs started, yet once we had to play in earnest we got 3 wins and a draw in the 4 play off games. It's difficult to gauge how we'll be, but I think once we have something to play for the players will step up the intensity again.

I like the Betfred cup for getting us ready for the league starting too, so far we've topped the group the last 2 seasons.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 13, 2019 6:52 am

Yeah, the downside of being safe before the split is that - despite “we’re professionals & will do our best” mantra - sheer human nature means you ease off when it’s not as intense. The problem then is upping the intensity again...especially when you throw in the summer break... it’s one thing recapturing it after two defeats like last season but it’s different when it’s 5 games & summer.

Betfred success followed on from successful season climaxes from the year before & while this has been a successful season it is ending on a whimper & the known departure of at least 2 key figures (at least 3 if you include John Ward) of the last 3 successful seasons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:10 pm