The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Motherwell v Livi.

Troy

Motherwell v Livi. Empty Motherwell v Livi.

Post by Troy Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Not seen a thread for this so here goes.Nothing to lose here so why not go out and get tore right into them ,you never know.Alas i feel it may be in vain against a decent Well side who will want to put a good show for their own fans.No swansong for Halkett again and big Decs coming up against his new emploers leads me to believe we will struggle at Fir park although of course i sincerely hope im tottally wrong.It does look like the players have had their preverbial holiday sandels on fo r a wee while now as it seems an eternity since we achieved our goal for the season.Any way on a possitive note to finish with a big welcome to Dylan and Marvin to the club.Clever signings from Gary and more like that and i may just have to re-evaluate my expectations for next term.Good luck for tommorow lads and for the last time this season Cmon Lets Do It.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Motherwell v Livi. Empty Re: Motherwell v Livi.

Post by Liviforever Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Feel like the season is already over after the piss poor home game last week, would be nice to finish with a win though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Who is Dylan?

Was originally thinking of going as not seen a game since losing to St Midden. But our holiday mode approach to these last 5 games has been disappointing so... like the players I can’t be bothered anymore.

I’d be surprised if Dec plays & I’d be even more surprised if we avoid defeat.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 18, 2019 9:01 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Who is Dylan?

Was originally thinking of going as not seen a game since losing to St Midden. But our holiday mode approach to these last 5 games has been disappointing so... like the players I can’t be bothered anymore.

I’d be surprised if Dec plays & I’d be even more surprised if we avoid defeat.

Mackin? Shocked

Hoping Troy means Lyndon Dykes though. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 am

Sorry Bertie.Not Dylan but Lyndon i meant .End of season fatigue setting in im afraid.Been impressed with what ive seen of him so far .Looks a good aquisition as does Marvin. Sleep
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 am

Funnily enough LF what you posted was my exact thought process! lol!

And judging by Troy’s latest post we were right! lol!

If we are bringing in experience (like Marvin) I’d like to see us go for Dobbie the south elf.
    The man is still scoring for fun at about 93 years of age.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Thank feck the season is over. Brilliant first half and absolutely outstanding job in keeping us up so comfortably, but the 2nd half of the season and particularly the games since the split have been awful.

Big job getting our defence sorted for next season, and our set pieces need a lot of work now too, can't defend them and are far too easily dealt with in attack now too.

And as I typed this we score 2 goals. luv a duck. lol!

Scott Tiffoney looking like a bright light for next season at least.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 18, 2019 2:34 pm

I liked the look of Tiffoney in the brief appearances he’s made. Looks a harder worker than Hardie IMO.
    Him and Dykes could be a useful partnership with Lee Miller still around to help bring experience when necessary.

On the season ended... brilliant achievement even if it did peter out. The good thing about it petering out is it could help get us underestimated again.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Wee bit of the respectability on the scoreline today and perhaps unlucky not to take a share of the spoils today after a horrendous first half from us.44 points on the board for us in the end is a magnificent return from the lads after so many predicted doom and gloom at the start of the season.Think Gary and Davie know theve got a job on their hands to stiffen up that defence for next season,pre season is gonna be interesting.The curtain falls on what has been in retrospect an extremely succsesfull term for us having achieved our objective and il take this opportunity to wish our now former players the very best for their future endevours and thanks for the memories.To those still with us,enjoy your well earned break and come back with that fight in your hearts to defy the odds agan.For the last time YOU DIT IT!!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 19, 2019 9:25 am

None of the pens were hit well, all 3 should've been saved, and our marking at set pieces, holy feck.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 19, 2019 10:01 am

Looks like Stewart learned from Well’s first pen, good to see that.

Tiffoney’s second is a nice goal.

Set pieces... we start off marking not too badly but no one goes with the runner who then has the freedom of the box.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Just watched the bbc highlights, Hardie's two misses should've had us only one goal behind at HT. He's really went off the boil since his purple patch in Dec.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 23, 2019 7:40 pm

The cynic in me says he went off the boil after having secured a contract extension from Gerrard.
    If he had played before Christmas as he did after the window closed he wouldn’t have been given the extension.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri May 24, 2019 1:34 am

I thought both Motherwell penalties were dodgy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 pm