Premiership Fixtures 2019/20 (opening game)

Liviforever
Liviforever

Premiership Fixtures 2019/20 (opening game)  Empty Premiership Fixtures 2019/20 (opening game)

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:10 am

Motherwell at Home.

We'll be welcoming Dec back at the TMA then, hope he has a stinker.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Premiership Fixtures 2019/20 (opening game)  Empty Re: Premiership Fixtures 2019/20 (opening game)

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:47 pm

I agree and I hope he’s their best player too
orco
orco

Premiership Fixtures 2019/20 (opening game)  Empty Re: Premiership Fixtures 2019/20 (opening game)

Post by orco on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Maybe he'll get confused and score for us. Razz
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:50 pm

We can but hope
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:06 am

Looking at the rest of our games, good to see we only have one home game against Sevco before the split, worst fans in the league only coming to spout their sectarian bile just the one time has to be a good thing. I know the other arse cheek are also guilty of this but they never seem just as hostile with the general mood and vibe you feel around the place. Then going on a drunken rampage up the centre when they lose (hopefully we manage to beat them again though).

I also see they've managed to give us another local game in our festive fixture on boxing day, really good of them to think of the fans again, just a wee jaunt up the road to Aberdeen. Rolling Eyes
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:26 pm

Good to have a home game in the league opener, we're going to have a fair bit of travelling in our following 3 games though, Perth, Forfar and then Dingwall.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:55 am

Liviforever wrote:Looking at the rest of our games, good to see we only have one home game against Sevco before the split, worst fans in the league only coming to spout their sectarian bile just the one time has to be a good thing. I know the other arse cheek are also guilty of this but they never seem just as hostile with the general mood and vibe you feel around the place. Then going on a drunken rampage up the centre when they lose (hopefully we manage to beat them again though).

I also see they've managed to give us another local game in our festive fixture on boxing day, really good of them to think of the fans again, just a wee jaunt up the road to Aberdeen. Rolling Eyes

If I’m not mistaken, someone like Accies are away to Ross that day too... it’s a cunning plan worthy of an 8 on the Baldrick scale.

Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:56 pm

I see our home game with Celtic has been moved to Sunday October 6 with a midday KO to accommodate Sky.

Booooooooooooo.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:02 am

Looking at August's fixtures:

AUG 2019

Sat 3 15:00 Premiership H Motherwell

Sat 10 14:00 Premiership A St Johnstone

16/17 15:00 Betfred Cup A Forfar Athletic

Sat 24 15:00 Premiership A Ross County

Sat 31 15:00 Premiership H St Mirren

I'd be happy with 6 points and a cup win from those games.

Think we can get wins away to St Johnstone and home to St Mirren, plus beat Forfar away in the cup. Tougher games against Motherwell at home and Ross County away, anything in those games would be a bonus.

Motherwell have looked good in their betfred games as have County, Motherwell are having a bit of a change in their squad with good players leaving, but they're recruiting well, and County have that promotion winning bounce with a squad that know one another well.

St Johnstone are the opposite, they have been very poor in their betfred games and look an ageing squad that is prob going to need a big change to get going again, that will hopefully disrupt them and take a while to get themselves organised. And St Mirren don't look any better than last season, in fact they're looking worse.
Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 pm

Liviforever wrote:Looking at August's fixtures:

AUG 2019

Sat 3 15:00 Premiership H Motherwell

Sat 10 14:00 Premiership A St Johnstone

16/17 15:00 Betfred Cup A Forfar Athletic

Sat 24 15:00 Premiership A Ross County

Sat 31 15:00 Premiership H St Mirren

I'd be happy with 6 points and a cup win from those games.

Think we can get wins away to St Johnstone and home to St Mirren, plus beat Forfar away in the cup. Tougher games against Motherwell at home and Ross County away, anything in those games would be a bonus.

Motherwell have looked good in their betfred games as have County, Motherwell are having a bit of a change in their squad with good players leaving, but they're recruiting well, and County have that promotion winning bounce with a squad that know one another well.

St Johnstone are the opposite, they have been very poor in their betfred games and look an ageing squad that is prob going to need a big change to get going again, that will hopefully disrupt them and take a while to get themselves organised. And St Mirren don't look any better than last season, in fact they're looking worse.

I'm loathed to read too much into the Betfred results, St Johnstone in particular played a significantly weakened team against Forfar but never the less they were god awful.

St Mirren continue in their mediocre stance - actually they've managed to get considerably worse but apparently its still all Alan Stubbs fault.

Motherwell are a real dark horse; they're definitely a far stronger side than this time last year and, well basically, we aren't necessarily.

Ross County are a complete unknown entity but the distance alone is worth a goal start in my book.

All in all there's nothing I can disagree with here. Last season we had three games in August; a win; loss and a draw in the league and a loss in the cup - and a change of manager.

Unfortunately for the first time in ages I'm miss the league opener; on the plus side though I'll be up in Grantown on Spey in 23rd August.... somehow I think I might stay on an extra night and make a slight detour.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Yeah Kenny Miller's short reign was nothing special, but we really took off the following month under Holt, incl wins against Hibs and Sevco, picking up 10 pints from 4 games was unreal, i'd doubt we could replicate that this season but i'd be more than happy to take a steady 4/5 & 6 points per month, taking us to 40+ points pre split.

Not sure if we're continuing with the getting the ball up into our opponents half as quickly as possible tactic this season either, certainly weren't against Berwick, but that may just have been because they didn't even attempt to put pressure on us bringing the ball out of defence, and were camped in their own half when we had the ball.

Lithgow isn't one for taking risks though, and I have no worries about him being caught on the ball if pressured, wish I could say the same about Pepe. affraid
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yeah Kenny Miller's short reign was nothing special, but we really took off the following month under Holt, incl wins against Hibs and Sevco, picking up 10 pints from 4 games was unreal, i'd doubt we could replicate that this season but i'd be more than happy to take a steady 4/5 & 6 points per month, taking us to 40+ points pre split.

Not sure if we're continuing with the getting the ball up into our opponents half as quickly as possible tactic this season either, certainly weren't against Berwick, but that may just have been because they didn't even attempt to put pressure on us bringing the ball out of defence, and were camped in their own half when we had the ball.

Lithgow isn't one for taking risks though, and I have no worries about him being caught on the ball if pressured, wish I could say the same about Pepe. affraid

Was that you personally? drunken
Liviforever
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
Liviforever wrote:Yeah Kenny Miller's short reign was nothing special, but we really took off the following month under Holt, incl wins against Hibs and Sevco, picking up 10 pints from 4 games was unreal, i'd doubt we could replicate that this season but i'd be more than happy to take a steady 4/5 & 6 points per month, taking us to 40+ points pre split.

Was that you personally? drunken

Laughing

Aye it's been a long, long, long time since i was able to consume anything near to that Bertie. drunken

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:33 pm