The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Auld Nick
Liviforever
LiviLion
7 posters

Falkirk v Livi - 13/07/19

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Falkirk v Livi - 13/07/19 Empty Falkirk v Livi - 13/07/19

Post by LiviLion Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:10 pm

Finally close enough to our first competitive game to be able to talk about it, even with a shorter summer break it still feels like forever.

No idea how we'll line up for this, or if we'll be signing up a trialist/loanee during the week.

Stewart

Devlin  -  Pepe  -  Lithgow  -  Lamie

Jacobs  -  Bartley

Menga  -  Pittman  -  Lawless

Dykes

1-1, FG 33 mins and Livi to win the bonus point in the shootout.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Falkirk v Livi - 13/07/19 Empty Re: Falkirk v Livi - 13/07/19

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:19 pm

We'll cruise this, 3-0 Livi.

Hopefully Sibbald or/and Miller score against them too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Hate playing Falkirk, we always lose to them when we should win comfortably & do better when we are the underdogs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Convinced my mate is a jinx when we go to away games against them, never won a game when he's been there with me, but we've won a few when I've went without him. Think he may well make this game too so hopefully we'll finally win with him being there. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Way to fill me with overriding optimism LF! lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:28 pm

You're ok Bertie, he isn't going to make the game on Sat, we're def going to win it now. Laughing
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Liviforever wrote:You're ok Bertie, he isn't going to make the game on Sat, we're def going to win it now. Laughing

Kneecaps can be oh so fragile....

Twisted Evil
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:You're ok Bertie, he isn't going to make the game on Sat, we're def going to win it now. Laughing

Twisted Evil

It is so good to have you back D lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:57 pm

Durnford wrote:

Twisted Evil
    Laughing

He's going shooting on Sat as part of his son's birthday, i'll have a word with his laddie to put the fix in. Actually if anything "accidental" happens to him now i'm def going to regret this post, i'll be getting huckled away and i'm banged to rights with this post as evidence to convict me. Shocked lol!
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Will be interesting to see how we line up for this, especially with so many new players.

I reckon something along the lined of the following

Stewart

Devlin Pepe Lithgow Lamie

Bartley

Tiffs Keaghan Lawless

Pittman

Dykes

Gives us Raffa, Sibbs, Robbo, Miller, Lawson, Crawford, Mcmillan as options for the bench as well so a pretty strong squad.

Could do with another striker as backup for Dykes though!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Sepends on whether Souda's clearance comes through in time. If it does he'll definitely play.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh its so good to be back after our hiatuos.Back to back victories on the run up to this should have the lads in fine fettel for this one.For me Falkirk are a bit of an unknown quantity with so many of their old faces gone and a load of new ones in,bit like us really.Hopefully Gary will have an idea of his strongest team thus far and we should be good enough to take care of a team still trying to find their feet in the seaside leagues.3 points here and we will be on our way to hopefully as Gary says in the press onto a good cup run.God knows we are due one.Sorry to hear about Dolly leaving us i guess hes like Marmite,and yes i know he only scored two goals last season but those that he got will live long in the memory of Lions fans.His presence about the place will i suspect be sadly missed by most.Anyway good luck to dolly for his future carreer and of course good luck to the Lions tommorow.Get intea them!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Is he leaving? Or is it just more rumours? Not seen anything official yet.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:24 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Is he leaving? Or is it just more rumours? Not seen anything official yet.

Still in talks as far as we know:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4474724/dolly-menga-livingston-transfer-news-atletico-petroleos-de-luanda-loan/

Still; paid wages and a fee is pretty good business I suppose - plus, if he signs the extension to his contract, we'll see him back next year.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:19 am

I suppose it sounds like a reasonable deal. He was frustrating at times but I liked his “get intae thum” attitude.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:01 pm

LiviLion wrote:1-1, FG 33 mins and Livi to win the bonus point in the shootout.

Only a few minutes out with the goal time. Prediction league's mine this year Greggy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Don’t think anyone else entered a prediction so in a league of 1 your in a league of your own lol!

Pretty disappointing to concede an equaliser so late, not sure if Sarkic fluffed it or if he was fouled - latter wouldn’t surprise me as the ref was sadly up to the usual standard. He even gave Falkirk a foul for a clash of heads!! Back to Sarkic...if he fluffed it at least he redeemed himself with 2 saves in the shoot out. Good early save too from Telfer’s shot after turning 2 of our defenders in a single swivel.

I think Falkirk will probably walk the 3rd division/league 1 title; they played some tidy stuff at times & defended solidly. Doyle is a clown though. Lamie won a foul (soft one IMO as he was on his way down before the real contact was made) Doyle chested Lamie as he was going down & audibly said to the ref it was shoulder to shoulder... it was never shoulder to shoulder in a million years - he should have been saying that Lamie was already going over before contact.

All in all winning on pens was a poor result but there were some good signs. On the negative side we seem to have stopped hunting the ball down when the opposition has it.

If we can beat Ayr on Tuesday (hope they used up their goal quota today) then we should win the group.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Falkirk should have been down to 10 men when Durnan clattered Dykes as he was going clear but with Alan Muir it's always farcical.
    I wonder if we'll ever win another competitive away game. Next one up is Stranraer and I still have nightmares thinking about thon play off game at Stair Park. Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:33 pm

So we cruised to a penalty win for 2 points. lol!

Should've had that game wrapped up long before they scored a 90th min equaliser, and as Orco said, Dykes was clearly fouled as he was through on goal, but the ref bottled it, in front of less than 1,500 home fans of a League One club, FFS.

Almost scored just after their equaliser too, when we put in a ball that flashed across goal and almost went in, still lacking that killer finish up front, though Dykes is fairly scoring goals, 3 so far in 5 games, but others need to start chipping in with some too. We've plenty of midfielder capable of getting goals.

Big game coming up against Ayr on Tues night, anything other than a win and we can forget getting through the group stages.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Don’t think anyone else entered a prediction so in a league of 1 your in a league of your own lol!

Pretty disappointing to concede an equaliser so late, not sure if Sarkic fluffed it or if he was fouled - latter wouldn’t surprise me as the ref was sadly up to the usual standard. He even gave Falkirk a foul for a clash of heads!! Back to Sarkic...if he fluffed it at least he redeemed himself with 2 saves in the shoot out. Good early save too from Telfer’s shot after turning 2 of our defenders in a single swivel.

I think Falkirk will probably walk the 3rd division/league 1 title; they played some tidy stuff at times & defended solidly. Doyle is a clown though. Lamie won a foul (soft one IMO as he was on his way down before the real contact was made) Doyle chested Lamie as he was going down & audibly said to the ref it was shoulder to shoulder... it was never shoulder to shoulder in a million years - he should have been saying that Lamie was already going over before contact.

All in all winning on pens was a poor result but there were some good signs. On the negative side we seem to have stopped hunting the ball down when the opposition has it.

If we can beat Ayr on Tuesday (hope they used up their goal quota today) then we should win the group.

Like the Alloa game midweek there, I thought we started the 2nd half brightly and hunted them down, putting pressure on their goal, but we didn't score and soon dropped off that intensity.

I was hoping Raffa would get a game, he'd have opened them up easily and has a good record against Falkirk in cup games too.

It's looking like Dykes will score a few goals for us this season, but he's still needing a goal scoring striker playing off him, can see how Dobbie got so many goals playing alongside him, just a pity Hardie isn't playing for us now.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 am

Eagle eyed Lothiangamer on P&B spotting Sammon was offside for his goal 5.07 mins, wonder why none of the Falkirk tv guys spotted that, or more importantly, THE LINESMAN.

I'm missing Dolly Menga already, his frantic and aggressive play just causes havoc with the opposition defence, really hope his loan move falls through, or we at least get him back in January.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:31 am

Sammon (is he now a big fish in Falkirk’s wee pond? ... I’ll get me coat) is definitely in an offside position as the ball goes towards our goal but it’s difficult to see if it was our defender that knocked it towards goal before the deflection took it into the air but Sarkic should have caught it regardless.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:44 am

Well at least the goalie redeemed himself after that howler at the end.Both teams had chances but as L/F says we should have perhaps had the game done and dusted earlier.Like most i still feel we need another striker who would help Dykes who looks really promising for us with a little help beside him.See Ayr have obviously got their shooting boots on albiet who they were up against.Makes for an interesting game on Tues night.Anyway well done Livi,2 points on the board is better than none although should have been 3.We move on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:56 am

Doesn't change much really, Ayr are the Championship side and the one we likely considered our main rival in the group, we need to beat them to go top, and still would've done even if we'd got the 3 points against Falkirk. We'd have had the luxury of drawing with them and winning the pen shoot out right enough, but that still may do us as long as we win the games against Stranraer and Berwick.

Would get complicated if Falkirk beat Ayr, then GD could come into it, but no point getting ahead of ourselves, it's still in our own hands, just need to win our remaining 3 games and we'll win the group.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Meant to say... it was good to see Halkett supporting his former club yesterday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm