The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Auld Nick
Smithy
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
8 posters

Keaghan Jacobs

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Keaghan Jacobs Empty Keaghan Jacobs

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:44 pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/livingston-boss-john-mcglynn-hails-4447619

Nice to see he's getting some recognition from the manager, I think we all know he's good enough to be playing at a higher level and it's hard to believe nobody from the SPFL Premiership has scouted him.

I'd be sorry to see him go but he deserves a shot at a higher level, works hard, never slacks and has just gone about his business through all our years of turmoil. Great wee player too.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Keaghan Jacobs Empty Re: Keaghan Jacobs

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Mid-table Championship player at best.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Raith Rovers at the end of the season then Lexi?

Should've put most of us know he's good enough to be playing at a higher level. Laughing

I think Keags and DJ will get a move soon.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Liviforever wrote:Raith Rovers at the end of the season then Lexi?

Should've put most of us know he's good enough to be playing at a higher level. Laughing

Don't think I was at the Raith Rovers game. Never been a massive fan of either of the Jacobs bros, but if Keags gets a move to the Premiership (I doubt it), then fair enough. I'd expect him to be back in the Championship within a year though.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:

Don't think I was at the Raith Rovers game. Never been a massive fan of either of the Jacobs bros, but if Keags gets a move to the Premiership (I doubt it), then fair enough. I'd expect him to be back in the Championship within a year though.
    As I said before he needs to pass the ball forward more often and started to do so in our last game. This needs too continue however for him to make a step up.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

As I said before he needs to pass the ball forward more often and started to do so in our last game. This needs too continue however for him to make a step up.

Was meaning he'd move there Lexi, as you said mid table Championship team at best.

Yeah Smithy, he's moved into CM now and plays in an attacking role so is adapting to that. More of a Scougall role than he was used to, zipping up the wing and playing balls in from there, or cutting inside.

Always liked his attitude and drive, tackles like a rottweiler and is the size of a terrier. Always thought he was the best of the Jacobs family, they all have that get stuck in attitude about them.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

Was meaning he'd move there Lexi, as you said mid table Championship team at best.

Yeah Smithy, he's moved into CM now and plays in an attacking role so is adapting to that. More of a Scougall role than he was used to, zipping up the wing and playing balls in from there, or cutting inside.

Always liked his attitude and drive, tackles like a rottweiler and is the size of a terrier. Always thought he was the best of the Jacobs family, they all have that get stuck in attitude about them.

Ah sorry, should've seen that one a mile off. Embarassed
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Our best outfield player so far this season. When he plays well, the team plays well.

Good enough for a move to Hearts IMO (& I consider them to be a top division side in terms of ability if not current status)
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:03 am

If his brother, who is absolutely hopeless at times, can get a step up to te spl then so can keags. Not sure id miss him too much but defo brings a bit of pace to our side
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:12 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Our best outfield player so far this season. When he plays well, the team plays well.

Good enough for a move to Hearts IMO (& I consider them to be a top division side in terms of ability if not current status)

I don't think he'd get a game for Hearts if I'm honest, not with Buaben and Gomis there anyway.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:16 am

He certainly stands out for us but that's because we have a squad of mediocre lower league players. If he does leave, he'll go no further than being a journeyman of some sorts at the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Kilmarnock etc.

At the end of the day, we've got as much out of him as we could with the promotions and putting in a good shift during our time back in the First Division/Championship.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:25 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Our best outfield player so far this season. When he plays well, the team plays well.

I don't think he'd get a game for Hearts if I'm honest, not with Buaben and Gomis there anyway.

Don't think they'd play him in the middle; I think they would play him wide (where I prefer to see him play).
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:26 pm

LiviCub wrote:He certainly stands out for us but that's because we have a squad of mediocre lower league players. If he does leave, he'll go no further than being a journeyman of some sorts at the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Kilmarnock etc.

At the end of the day, we've got as much out of him as we could with the promotions and putting in a good shift during our time back in the First Division/Championship.

Which is still a decent step up in level from a mediocre lower league side is it not?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:

Don't think they'd play him in the middle; I think they would play him wide (where I prefer to see him play).

It's been that long I actually forgot he used to play out wide!
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:35 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:He certainly stands out for us but that's because we have a squad of mediocre lower league players. If he does leave, he'll go no further than being a journeyman of some sorts at the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Kilmarnock etc.

Which is still a decent step up in level from a mediocre lower league side is it not?

It is a step up but in my opinion it's the biggest step up he'll ever get.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:38 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:

I always thought he was a better winger than in the middle too but McGlynn has never budged with him playing in CM.

I remember John Hughes started playing him there and it didn't work as well as it does now. I think it's down to having an influence like O'Brien beside him that's helped him improve in that position.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:01 am

I think he's a top player at this level and has the ability to push us forward with his excellent runs. He also scored one of my favourite ever Livi goals away to Falkirk a few seasons ago.

We did extremely well to get him signed up this season and I'll expect he'll be away to a better team next season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:21 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:I think he's a top player at this level and has the ability to push us forward with his excellent runs. He also scored one of my favourite ever Livi goals away to Falkirk a few seasons ago.

We did extremely well to get him signed up this season and I'll expect he'll be away to a better team next season.

Agreed. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was to a lower league side down south, similar to the Scougall/McNulty moves...only thing against him is that he is that wee bit older
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:03 pm

He's been overshadowed with us having talents like Scougall and Sparky mark 1 & 2, I think Keaghan came into the first team about the same time as Griffiths. Been a steady player for us through the years and one of those guys that does the work out of the spotlight. Imo he would be a good player to have for a team in a level above us.

Agree with EL, we're lucky to have him this season, in fact I only think he's been here as long, since the cut backs started, was that he was signed on a longer contract a couple of seasons back. Really expected to lose him this season though so was delighted when he signed an extention.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm