The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Afro
mozam76
Lexi Collector
7 posters

2015 General Election

Poll

Your vote

[ 6 ]
    2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_left60%2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 0 ]
    2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_left0%2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_left10%2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 2 ]
    2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_left20%2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_left0%2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_left10%2015 General Election - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Durnford

2015 General Election - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 General Election

Post by Durnford Thu May 07, 2015 10:52 pm

Sunderland
    Liberals = 701

F##king hell - its worse than I thought = 10% of even UKIP
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 am

Three results declared, and three deposits not returned for the Liberals. Oh dear.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Fri May 08, 2015 9:53 am

mozam76 wrote:I've seen too many false dawns and huge opinion polls to be swayed by them, so I'll take any predictions of 50+ SNP seats with a huge pinch of salt. Come May, the staunch Labour voters* who have always been red, "they've been good to me ken, done plenty for the community ken" will vote the way they always have.

If the SNP double what they have now, they'll have done well. 30 seats would be magic. Any higher and we're in to mindfuck territory, and I'll be drunk for days.

*clueless fuck who are painfully out of touch with 21st century Scotland/Britain/Europe...

Proof positive that my hard earned cash (what little of it there is), is best to stay in my pocket than ending up in a bookies hipper. Just like Manuel, I know nathing. Although I'm not from Barthelona.

What an absolutely incredible night, with plenty early indications that the last ten years or so in Scotland has taught the Scottish Labour party absolutely heehaw.

Utterly overjoyed also to see the bigotted cretin that is Morrice out on his arse.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri May 08, 2015 9:59 am

mozam76 wrote:
    mozam76 wrote:I've seen too many false dawns and huge opinion polls to be swayed by them, so I'll take any predictions of 50+ SNP seats with a huge pinch of salt. Come May, the staunch Labour voters* who have always been red, "they've been good to me ken, done plenty for the community ken" will vote the way they always have.

If the SNP double what they have now, they'll have done well. 30 seats would be magic. Any higher and we're in to mindfuck territory, and I'll be drunk for days.

*clueless fuck who are painfully out of touch with 21st century Scotland/Britain/Europe...

Proof positive that my hard earned cash (what little of it there is), is best to stay in my pocket than ending up in a bookies hipper. Just like Manuel, I know nathing. Although I'm not from Barthelona.

What an absolutely incredible night, with plenty early indications that the last ten years or so in Scotland has taught the Scottish Labour party absolutely heehaw.

Utterly overjoyed also to see the bigotted cretin that is Morrice out on his arse.

Why do you say Graeme Morrice is bigoted. I've never thought that of him whenever I've met him, arrogant yes but bigoted no.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 08, 2015 3:38 pm

The pre election polls are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike, that twice now they've been way off the mark predicting a close run thing from the voters.

Great result for SNP in Scotland, the Tories have played a blinder too destroying Labour down in England. Mugs are still learning nothing going by their speeches after losing their seats.

Not looking forward to seeing more austerity cuts hitting the vulnerable but long term it may get an IndyRef2, and if the Euro vote takes us out of Europe then it def will come.

Was glorious seeing Labour and LibDem big hitters falling one by one, can't stand Danny Alexander and Jim Murphy. Murphy is hanging on in there though and wont resign from being party leader in Scotland, is apparently going to stand in the Holyrood elections too. Don't think he has anything to fall back on, career politician.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Incredible result for the SNP & the polls DID get that right.

Where the polls failed was in thinking that it was going to be close between the Tories & Labour down south.

One of the funniest comments I heard was a Scottish Tory saying he never thought he'd see the day when the Tories & Labour would have the same number of seats in Scotland!

One of the most telling comments though was that the English commentators said "It is clearly a divided Kingdom, with England voting Tory & Scotland voting SNP" - clearly they haven't been paying attention for the last 50 years or so because it has almost always been the case that England votes Tory & Scotland doesn't but it has never bothered them before; this is the point the SNP have been making for years, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference what way Scotland votes in a Westminster election, they English get the government THEY vote for, we don't.

That is why independence is the only real way for us to take care of our own affairs. I certainly hope the 56 SNP MPs champion the Scottish cause like never before. As the announcer at Livi would say; come on, lets get behind the team in yellow & lets make all the noise!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Yeah but only when Tories were voted in Bertie, when Labour were in power we'd have got the Govt the majority of Scots voted for.

Labour failed to see the changes in Scotland, and are still not getting it even now. They are putting it down to nationalism, they are seriously out of touch in Scotland.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Yes, but our share of the vote is such that we only ever get the government England votes for.

The SNP landslide in Scotland would actually have made it possible for Scotland to have the government it voted for if Labour had been any good south of the border & agreed a coalition with them (just as the polls had been suggesting might happen) but even then it would only have been a partially voted for government.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat May 09, 2015 10:19 am

Working majority of approximately 30 seats with the DUP, what a time to be alive.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Yeah, fantastic...more austerity, renewed nuclear weapons in the Clyde, retain the bedroom tax, little or no investment in the NHS...wonderful! Suspect Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 am