The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Tony Andreu

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Tony Andreu Empty Tony Andreu

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm fecked right off now, was really annoyed we let him go as he's a brilliant player and he'd have made us a lot more in prize money for places in the league than cost of his wages, but also just read Accies have accepted a 1M bid from Norwich to sign him, FFS Livi, how shite are we at making money from class players. Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad

Seriously, a blind man could've seen us making money from selling him, we go years pissing money away on silly wages in the lower leagues and when we actually have a cash cow signed up we let him go for nothing, beggars belief!

Last edited by Liviforever on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Durnford

Tony Andreu Empty Re: Tony Andreu

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:50 pm

THought we got out-bid by Hamilton?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Did we get outbid by QoS for Beany too, afaik we cut our wage bill and let the both of them go to whoever wanted them. Should've had the both of them signed on for another couple of seasons and we'd have been in the play offs last season and perhaps even in the Premiership. Worst that would happen would we'd have made the play offs 2 seasons running and made a few quid off Andreu being sold. He was as much a commodity as Scougall.

Accies are similar in size to Livi fanbase wise, but they put us to shame on how to run a football club, we could learn a lot from them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:21 pm

I thought we failed to offer him & Jesus new deals & Accies snapped them up.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:08 am

Fuck me, that's grim. Oh, Livi Crying or Very sad
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:54 am

I certainly hate the fact that we let Andreu go but also, as mentioned, Russell; Barr; Watson etc. I also hate the fact that we let Dave Mackay go for nothing (still playing at the top level) that we failed to make use of Dorado when we could have.

I hate the fact that Dom Keane got into bed with Gavin Masterton over the office block deal together with several other items of the stadium which led to our cash flow problems and first administration.

I hate the fact that Toure Maman Cherif never lived up to his initial promise or indeed could be a#5ed for anything more than an old firm game.

I hate the fact that we never properly sorted out the Hassan Kachloul (sp) contract so that we weren't stopped from signing any players for the summer and preparing for what turned out to be our last year in the SPL.

I hate the fact that we spent (no - "wasted") so much time on trying to sign that waster Elliott although that all seemed to work out well in the end.

I also hate the fact that had Andreu stayed with us the most another club would have offered us would have been a couple of hundred thousand. Yet Falkirk and others can seem to get big money for fairly mediocre players.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:41 pm

You know you're a shit club when you release Tony Andreu and replace him with Kyle Wilkie and Martin Scott.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:57 pm

LiviCub wrote:You know you're a shit club when you release Tony Andreu and replace him with Kyle Wilkie and Martin Scott.

And Danny Denholm

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:18 pm

The only good deal we've done is selling Fernandez for a million, then getting him back on loan to win a cup. Though on the scale of things the money we got for McKee was decent when he hadn't even played in the first team, think it was over 200K.

The talent we've had at Livi and got next to buttons for them is incredible. The whole Massone era finishing with Griffiths and Davidson going for next to nothing and MacKay actually going for nothing, and then even worse Dorrans sell on clause being sold for a few copies of the dandy and a ginger bottle was fecking criminal.

Thank feck we've got sevco around to laugh at as a bigger basket case than us.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Liviforever wrote:The only good deal we've done is selling Fernandez for a million, then getting him back on loan to win a cup. Though on the scale of things the money we got for McKee was decent when he hadn't even played in the first team, think it was over 200K.

The talent we've had at Livi and got next to buttons for them is incredible. The whole Massone era finishing with Griffiths and Davidson going for next to nothing and MacKay actually going for nothing, and then even worse Dorrans sell on clause being sold for a few copies of the dandy and a ginger bottle was fecking criminal.

Thought we got about £900k for Griffiths - mind you when I say "we" I actually meant "he".

However I should point out that Dorrans sell on clause actually turned out to be good business as it turned out (ignoring the fact that we probably never saw any of the money).

Dorrans didn't leave WBA during the life of his first contract and therefore we are due nothing. If Massone sold any agreement based on appearances however then that's a different matter.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:58 pm

As an aside though you mentioned Fernandez - good business or not; one of the things I really hates was seeing Davide being paraded just after signature with a Celtic scarf around his neck affraid
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Think Griffiths went for about 120K, Dundee got a decent amount for him to Wolves, they prob got a sell on fee too.

Dorrans went for around 240K iirc, still shite when you see what Accies and Falkirk make selling players they have had for 5 minutes.

Just checked the web, we sold Griffiths for 125K, Dundee sold him for 150K plus add ons and made another 100K from the Celtic move. So we developed him and made half of what Dundee did, luv a duck.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Liviforever wrote:Think Griffiths went for about 120K, Dundee got a decent amount for him to Wolves, they prob got a sell on fee too.

Dorrans went for around 240K iirc, still shite when you see what Accies and Falkirk make selling players they have had for 5 minutes.

Just checked the web, we sold Griffiths for 125K, Dundee sold him for 150K plus add ons and made another 100K from the Celtic move. So we developed him and made half of what Dundee did, luv a duck.

Even so selling Griffiths to Wolves for £150k was really poor business - obviously they had to sell then as they entered their second admin.

Still say Dundee ruined him; he never had any real problems when he was with us; off to Dundee and he's a father several times over and an unsavoury tang to his actions.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Yeah thought they got more than that for him, but as you say they were in admin by then too so prob had an affect on the price, They still made twice what Livi did and did nowt more than benefit from him after we developed him into the player he was.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:The only good deal we've done is selling Fernandez for a million, then getting him back on loan to win a cup. Though on the scale of things the money we got for McKee was decent when he hadn't even played in the first team, think it was over 200K.

Thought we got about £900k for Griffiths - mind you when I say "we" I actually meant "he".

However I should point out that Dorrans sell on clause actually turned out to be good business as it turned out (ignoring the fact that we probably never saw any of the money).

Dorrans didn't leave WBA during the life of his first contract and therefore we are due nothing. If Massone sold any agreement based on appearances however then that's a different matter.

From Dundee??? Surely you can't be serious? We would have been lucky to get £100k for him from them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 pm